No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long was this thread up before it got thrown into the almost 3500 post, 175 page "Everything Bargnani" thread? 10 minutes?

Seriously you guys can't atleast give this stuff a day? If his name comes up and boom... lets hide this.

I understand not wanting a thousands threads all about Bargnani... but really, atleast give it some time.

Comment

• Water weight? This is fat weight. Lard.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
        How long was this thread up before it got thrown into the almost 3500 post, 175 page "Everything Bargnani" thread? 10 minutes?

Seriously you guys can't atleast give this stuff a day? If his name comes up and boom... lets hide this.

I understand not wanting a thousands threads all about Bargnani... but really, atleast give it some time.
        The permanent link was left. By the time it gets to the bottom of the page, it will be a day or so. In the meantime, anytime a new post comes up in Everything Bargnani, it is highlighted.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
          I have a theory of why Bargs is the Bargs we've seen in the past two seasons.
          There are two issues with him;
          - His lack of emotion, drive to strive.
          - His water weight, maybe its the pasta.

The days when Bargs are more agile he was more effective in my opinion. If Bargs can lost some water weight and gain lean muscle like someone like Tyson Chandler, or Dwight then maybe Bargs can be an All Star Center.
          Thats just my theory.
          Then what is your theory of the Bargs we've seen over the last 5 years?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• yea big boy needs to lose some weight.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
              yea big boy needs to lose some weight.
              thats for sure

Comment

• Bargnani, star and core player according to Casey

What’s your current take on Andrea Bargnani and where do you think he can take his game?

To me, he’s Dirk-like, as far as being seven-foot, one of the best big men shooters in the league, great hands, athletic. Where I see him getting better is being more focused on pushing himself each and every day, putting his nose to the grind and taking it as a challenge each and every day to be the best. That’s the determination I want to charge Andrea with and try to reach him with. I thought he made big steps last year when Bosh left. I thought he took a big step offensively to put more of the team on his shoulders and take big shots. But now the charge is to be more of a leader, to be a better defender, to be a better weak-side defender and there are some things we can do to help him with that. But it’s got to come from within. I mean, you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. But we’re going to work with him, whether it’s holding him accountable, putting my arm around him, whatever it takes to work with Andrea because he’s got too much talent to let it fade and not really try to strain his potential out of him and try to get the most we can out of him. Again, he’s our star, he and DeMar are our core guys… That’s going to be our job as a coaching staff is to make sure every day we get in the gym, work with him and push him and see where it lands.
                I got this off RaptorsBlog

Is this a good or bad thing? Do you think Casey can get Bargnani to care about basketball and actually play every night? Or will this eventually cause his failure as it partially did with Smitch and Triano?

Comment

• good-thing.imo

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    What’s your current take on Andrea Bargnani and where do you think he can take his game?

Is this a good or bad thing? Do you think Casey can get Bargnani to care about basketball and actually play every night? Or will this eventually cause his failure as it partially did with Smitch and Triano?

Hopefully Casey is towing company line to raise his trade value.

However, I do recall a game versus Detroit this year when Bargnani was benched for a good stretch of the 3rd quarter. He finished the game with 9 rebs and it was evident the deprivation of minutes led to more focus and effort. Sadly it was only one game.

I just went back through the games and it was January 14 at home versus Detroit - he finished with 31 points on 12-25 shooting, 9 rebs, 3 assts, 1 blk, 1 stl, 0 to in 35 minutes. The Raps lost 101-95 but looking through the gamelog you see that every other close game he is usually 40+ minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...ndrea-bargnani

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post

Everything Bargnani here comes another....

anyways I'd have to believe that this is Bargnani's last chance and that what he does has no bearing on Casey's job. But then again BC has shown a complete inability to give up on Bargnani so what do I know.

6th year, 3rd coach, 3 positions - still the worst defending big man and rebounder in league history

Can that change? God I hope so. Will that change? I highly doubt it.

Comment

• I have a good feeling that when Dwane Casey says he'll hold players accountable and control minutes that way, he means it and will actually show that he means it.

What does this say about Bargnani? Well, if he's still here at the start of the season, at least we wouldn't have to watch too much of him stinking it up with no passion and effort at all on defense. I am now confident that BC is done coddling him and is this close to giving up on him completely, if he hasn't already. So while he may start the season as a Raptor, if he continues to stink, he won't be one by season's end.

Comment

• I'm having in my mind the famous interview with sky italia, when Andrea says that he will show the Raps that he can defend.
                          Last year he shown that he can score, next year he will show that can defend (obviously not like Howard or Josh Smith in a blink of an eye) and protect the paint.
                          It's just a matter of focus.. last year was: reggie rebound - andrea score... this year will be another story
                          Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• As much as I've always been critical of Andrea, the talent is there. I just think that since coming into this league he's been pampered and served with a silver spoon. He's need tough love and management need to support that. They didn't do that when Smitch was here when it came to Sam's methods in coaching Andrea and I don't think Triano was the tough coaching mentor he needs especially when it comes to accountability. I see Casey being that fit that Bargs needs to be able to help with his deficiencies. Most notably, defense but especially team defense.

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                              I'm having in my mind the famous interview with sky italia, when Andrea says that he will show the Raps that he can defend.
                              Last year he shown that he can score, next year he will show that can defend (obviously not like Howard or Josh Smith in a blink of an eye) and protect the paint.
                              It's just a matter of focus.. last year was: reggie rebound - andrea score... this year will be another story
                              I hope he does not forget how to score.

Hopefully the focus eventually becomes complete basketball players who play to their strengths and put maximum effort in to their weaknesses.

Comment

• It has to come from within. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
                                Bargnani has been led to the water but he prefers champagne.
                                Cut off the champagne[minutes and 18 shot attempts]and maybe he'll drink the water.

Comment

Working...
                                X