Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    How can you find yourself bored in one of the greatest cities in the world. The only drag is winter, its actually not that bad in Toronto. I know being from Ottawa, we have the extremes of all seasons. Very hot summers, and very cold winters, we get a lot of snow. I'm sure you know how it feels being from Alberta (depending on if you are from beautiful, warm Calgary under the Chinook or Chilly Edmonton, above the Chinook) Sure he's a little homesick, but c'mon your getting paid millions to play a sport you love. How are you ever bored? Sorry bargs we don't have it as good as you. We can't just up and leave. "HEY! BE A MAN DO THE RIGHT THING!"

lol Russel peters is hilarious!

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      As someone who has absolutely never been an Andrea detractor and has posted defenses of Andrea when I felt that bad arguments were made, let me answer this. I'm pretty sure DeRozan can hit lots of 3's in a row in practice and I will not be surprised if he would hit threes in a pick-up game. I would not at all be convinced he could do this in an nba game where you have actual opponents. To say a couple of months after a season has ended that a player who gets paid for basketball for probably close to 10 years (maybe 8, I haven't checked) suddenly is better at something is not something I believe very quickly. Boxing out against probably players of inferior strength, lower weight, less experience, etc. is quite something different as boxing out an nba pf or center.
      But we are not talking pick-up games, one game was vs. a National team and another against an organized NCAA team with players trying to prove something....not a no defense fast break game, there is a big difference. Again, I am not saying he will duplicate this in the NBA, but mentally he seemed more tuned in, and if that follows through to the NBA season it will be a benefit to him and the team. Golden State is working with Andris Beidrins mental game to help him regain his old form from 2-3 years ago, it plays a big part in a players success.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        To all the Andrea detractors I will ask this. If Demar had back to back games with 8 3 pointers made, even against weaker competition, would you not think that he will show an improved 3 point shot next year? Is this not at least a little similar to that?
        No, not at all. 3 point shooting requires good, consistent form, above all else. At this point, DeRozan hasn't shown the ability to hit the three even on an inconsistent basis. If he showed good form while shooting those 3s, then I think it's an indication that he's at least learned how to shoot them. Plus, 3 point shooting is an easily learned skill that simply takes practice. Lots of player have come into the NBA without a 3 pint shot and acquired one. It just takes practice. It's something you can do in an empty gym for as long as you want.

Rebounding, on the other hand, is far more instinctual. It's hard to "learn" how to rebound. You can learn techniques, sure, but in the end, it's more mental than physical. Bargnani has absolutely no physical impediments to being able to rebound. As I already mentioned, he grabbed 17 against Indiana, a year and a half ago, and then went out the next game and grabbed 12 against New York. Then over the next 10 games he went out and averaged just 5.1 rpg.

The problem with Bargnani is not that he can't rebound. It's that he can't rebound consistently. In his five years in the NBA, it's simply a skill he has never shown. And it's not a skill that easily acquired.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          I made sure to watch the video a second time before commenting on your post. Now, I am not saying Andrea will be bringing this type of rebounding to the NBA when it starts back up, but I will say this. He was boxing out, no not on every possession, but he was making contact and then going to pursue the ball. To say that the majority of his rebounds were off of jump shots and just came to him is inaccurate, he actually made an effort to go towards the ball and go and get it. He was not pursuing the ball like Denis Rodman, but he was far from flat footed either. It is this effort and attention to rebounding that has me a little hopeful that he will have a better season on the glass...it can't get any worse can it? Back to back 10 plus rebound games is nice to see, it does not mean anything yet, but it is worth following.

To all the Andrea detractors I will ask this. If Demar had back to back games with 8 3 pointers made, even against weaker competition, would you not think that he will show an improved 3 point shot next year? Is this not at least a little similar to that?
          I too made sure to watch the video again haha. First off, I was not saying that his rebounds were chance lol. Tim W said that he needs to be committed to something other then offense. I totally agree with that, and I did not see bargnani being committed to rebounding. He showed some attention to rebounding, but there was a lack of urgency. With the zone italy ran, he was in great position for rebounds (under the basket), but he just did not show the hustle that a committed rebounder should have. He only boxed out three times, and there were a few times under the basket where he should have but just jumped up instead. My expectations of his rebounding for this season (if we have one lol) do not rise after this game. Until he shows that hunger and hustle, he hasnt changed. What I did love though, was the offensive boards and him not giving up on offensive possesions when the rest of his team were making their way down the court.

It is funny you bring up dennis rodman, bargnani has 5 inches, and thirty pounds on rodman, and the only difference between is one is committed to something other then offense.

In regards to your last little statement, rebounding and three point shooting are really similar, like you need to have a good form and it needs to repeat every time. If DeMar has a good form, then I expect him to be a good shooter. Bargnani did not show good rebounding "form". The situations are different though, because this game was a strange game. In this situation where italy won 63-102 and BYU chucked three pointer after three pointer and stopped trying by the fourth, after a third quarter where they only had 9 points (to italy with 34). There were tons of misses. That and the zone that Italy played, Bargnani did not have to work for very many of his boards. Like I said, the reason he does not get games like this in the nba is because he does not work for many boards.

This is just my opinion from what I am seeing. Maybe I am being a pessimist or you an optimist? lol.
          Last edited by Red and White; Thu Aug 25, 2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
            Is there a box score for that game? lol proof may be required.
            Italia-Brigham Young University 102-63 (23-14, 43-36, 77-44)
            Italia. Cinciarini 7 (1/1, 1/1), Poeta 1(0/1 da tre), Mancinelli 10 (5/6, 0/1), Bargnani 17 (7/12), Gallinari 21 (4/7, 2/4), Belinelli 15 (5/10 da tre), Vitali 2 (1/3, 0/5), Maestranzi 5 (1/1, 1/1), Cusin 7 (2/2), Datome 10 (2/2, 1/4), Renzi, Carraretto 7 (3/3, 0/2). Allenatore: Simone Pianigiani
            Bringham Young University. Abouo 8 (2/7, 0/5), Cusick, Zylstra 26 (9/11, 2/7), Winder (0/1, 0/3), Rogers 3 (0/1, 1/5), Harrison 12 (2/8, 2/8), Harston 6 (2/8, 0/1), Sharp 4 (1/3, 0/1), Martineau 4 (1/1, 0/2), Allenatore: Dave Rose.
            Arbitri: Tomov (Bul), Somos (Gre), Cmikiewicz (Pol)
            Tiri. T2 Ita 26/37, BYU 17/40. T3 Ita 10/29, BYU 5/32. TL Ita 20/28, BYU 14/16. Rimbalzi: Ita 50 (Bargnani 19), BYU 34. Assist: Ita 19 (Mancinelli 5), BYU 12 (Harrison 3).
            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• just for info: andrea also got 11 rebs vs greece in the final match of theat trophy and 10 vs bulgary

Greece
              BYU
              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                just for info: andrea also got 11 rebs vs greece in the final match of theat trophy and 10 vs bulgary

Greece
                BYU
                Thanks, teoserio.

Check out 1:03 in the Greece clip - maybe he has been doing some mma.

And that first highlight (offensive rebound in the middle of 3 opponents and dunk on 2) was impressive.

Of course the cynic in me says.............

Comment

• teoserio wrote: View Post
                  just for info: andrea also got 11 rebs vs greece in the final match of theat trophy and 10 vs bulgary

Greece
                  BYU
                  Nice game against Greece, he hit some big shots to keep Italy in it. Nice to see his rebounding numbers stay up against a decent team, which Greece is.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• He's looking energized and aggressive.

Hopefully it keeps up.

Comment

• Love seeing any positive news from any of our players. He's taking more heat this off season then ever before and hopefully he's taking it to heart. It's been a couple games with a good amount of boards but also seems to be more alert on the defensive end. Small sample and not looking into it too much but any good press is okay with me!

Comment

• If I was Bryan I'd be over the moon with these results. This is exactly what Bargnani needs to do to increase his trade value across the league :-)

Comment

• Orlando Sentinel ranks Bargnani #9 C in the league

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...5.storygallery

1 Dwight Howard
                          2 Al Horford
                          3 Al Jefferson
                          4 Nene
                          5 Joakim Noah
                          6 Andrew Bynum
                          7 Marc Gasol
                          8 Andrew Bogut
                          9 Andrea Bargnani
                          10 Brook Lopez

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...5.storygallery

1 Dwight Howard
                            2 Al Horford
                            3 Al Jefferson
                            4 Nene
                            5 Joakim Noah
                            6 Andrew Bynum
                            7 Marc Gasol
                            8 Andrew Bogut
                            9 Andrea Bargnani
                            10 Brook Lopez
                            If it raises his trade value, I'm fine with it. But there are about 15-20 centers in the league I'd take ahead of Bargnani.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              If it raises his trade value, I'm fine with it. But there are about 15-20 centers in the league I'd take ahead of Bargnani.
                              Shhhhh.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                but, but, but Andrea isn't a C. He's a PF.

On a more serious note, the other centers not on the list:

-Chandler
                                -Gortat (who should be number 9 or 10)
                                -Duncan (I never understand why he isn't considered a C considering he always plays C)
                                -Okafor
                                -Perkins

That doesn't include Hibbert, McGee, Cousins, Monroe or DeAndrea Jordan who I'd rather take a chance with than Andrea.

After those guys he's right up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X