No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goddamn it, I thought it was actual NBA teams interested in him.

Comment

• Cot dammit...I was jumping for joy thinking some other NBA team might be willing to take on pasta boy. But the Italian League!?

Very misleading OP, very misleading. Tsk tsk.

Comment

• At least he's going to be busy playing ball and improving his game. The way Casey has been talking Bargnani is going no where and its more likely for Ed or Amir to leave town.... Just imagine, we're in the Twilight Zone... Or at least the Raptors organization pre-Colangelo begging for his job and saying everything the fans wanted to hear.

Comment

• King Bargs!!! Sorry, I just had to get it out there!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            King Bargs!!! Sorry, I just had to get it out there!
            i see your "King Bargs", and raise you a "Bargs is Tupac"

oh the good old days......... a couple months ago

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              he sucked today against germany. he didn't even start for the italians
              If I'm not mistaken he didn't start against Serbia either.... does the Italian team know something the Raps organization doesn't? Like say, he'd be best used a 6th/7th man off the bench who got minutes dependent on match ups and how well he is playing that game?

Ofcourse the Italian team probably doesn't have a $10 mil contract and 1st overrall selection they feel necessary to justify either, so maybe that doesn't cloud their judgement.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                If I'm not mistaken he didn't start against Serbia either.... does the Italian team know something the Raps organization doesn't? Like say, he'd be best used a 6th/7th man off the bench who got minutes dependent on match ups and how well he is playing that game?

Ofcourse the Italian team probably doesn't have a $10 mil contract and 1st overrall selection they feel necessary to justify either, so maybe that doesn't cloud their judgement.
                Even though he didn't start, he played at the end of the game and played heavy minutes (second on the team with 30 minutes). So, starting is not because they know something or they think he's not a starter, it's just tactics.

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                As noted above, not starting didn't mean anything. He sucked on offense, but the whole team really played awful. That in spite of that it was a close game only means they threw away a great opportunity. Combined they went 6/25 from 3 (AB 1/5) and just kept shooting them, it was really annoying to see offense this bad (but I guess it's difficult to run a consistent offense when you have a lot of your offense running through someone like Belinelli, who logged the most minutes).

But Bargnani played good post defense, so saying he sucked is pushing. Defense is what kept Italy in the game (and of course bad offensive execution by Germany as well).

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  Even though he didn't start, he played at the end of the game and played heavy minutes (second on the team with 30 minutes). So, starting is not because they know something or they think he's not a starter, it's just tactics.
                  and I never stated otherwise.... and its exactly what the Raps have been lacking with him. Using him "tactically" rather than just guarantee him minutes and a starting job.

Comment

and I never stated otherwise.... and its exactly what the Raps have been lacking with him. Using him "tactically" rather than just guarantee him minutes and a starting job.
                    True, except that we did not really have an alternative at center to give the starting job. Having Ajinca going up against the starting bigs of other teams is not easy to defend as a coach. Otherwise Amir Johnson would have been the starting center if Bargnani was coming of the bench and we want him as PF as well (maybe with some minutes as center, preferably against the second unit).

Btw, not starting for Italy is different from using him 'tactically' as a way not to guarantee him minutes and a starting job. It's just and only that, not starting, but being one of the main pieces, just as it was with Ginobili and the Spurs.
                    Last edited by Soft Euro; Fri Sep 2, 2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      He was never good matching up with Kaman or Dirk in his career.
                      H2H vs. Kaman
                      H2H vs. Dirk

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        True, except that we did not really have an alternative at center to give the starting job. Having Ajinca going up against the starting bigs of other teams is not easy to defend as a coach. Otherwise Amir Johnson would have been the starting center if Bargnani was coming of the bench and we want him as PF as well (maybe with some minutes as center, preferably against the second unit).
                        yet Bargnani didn't often guard the opposing C anyways. He was (generally) guarding the weaker check, whether that be a PF or C.

Comment

yet Bargnani didn't often guard the opposing C anyways. He was (generally) guarding the weaker check, whether that be a PF or C.
                          I know that's a popular theory, and I'm not saying it's completely incorrect, but the theory has not been proven by a presentation of facts. (Btw: the way you formulate it, it's quite ambivalent as you say he didn't guard the opposing C often anyways followed by he was guarding the weaker big. If one is correct it follows that you are saying the C is usually the better player which I doubt)

I did research the level of his opponents quite thoroughly and posted the results about a month ago (they can now be found in the 'everything bargnani' thread. On the basis of that it's hard to argue that he guarded the weaker player, as the level of his opponents was right around the average of the league. Until someone does a similar research on the opponents of the Raptors PF when Bargnani was on the floor as well this is not a proven theory or 'fact'. My vacation is over, so it's pretty low on my list activities.

Comment

• Im highly anticipating Tim W.'s reply on this thread, hahahaha

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              Im highly anticipating Tim W.'s reply on this thread, hahahaha
                              This has already been discussed ad infinitum, so I doubt - even though it's Tim and it's about Bargnani - he'll feel the need to add much; it's an old debate.

Comment

• "Bargs is GSP" - good ol' Multi

Comment

Working...
                                X