• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does no one find it funny that the argument is

Bargnani vs a gimp

and 2 still took the gimp?

Comment

• You also have to look at the past 5 years, and not just the current year. If we had drafted Roy, you would have a better dynamic duo with Bosh. The Raptors could have made more playoff visits, and Bosh may have decided to stay and not join the Heat. Bryan could have convinced other free agents to come and play with Roy and Bosh as well.

A lot could of changed for the better with Roy. Also if there is an amnesty rule for next season, then the Raptors could drop Roy and claim a tonne of cap space. A lot of good reasons I think to draft Roy over Bargnani even in hindsight.

Comment

• The other things thats only slightly disheartening is that they've got Danilo Gallinari 13 spots higher than Bargnani ... ugh.

I think alot of this has to do with what team they are on.
        Nic Batum at 70? Paleeease!!

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
          does no one find it funny that the argument is

Bargnani vs a gimp

and 2 still took the gimp?
          Ya, I noticed that,. too. It would be funnier if he wasn't still a Raptor.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Ya, I noticed that,. too. It would be funnier if he wasn't still a Raptor.
            Got a question Tim, knowing what you know now, would you draft Roy ahead of Bargnani?

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              Got a question Tim, knowing what you know now, would you draft Roy ahead of Bargnani?
              The real question is when the season start in 2012 would you trade Bargnani for Roy ?

Comment

knowing what you know now, would you draft Roy ahead of Bargnani?
                Tough to say ... I'm going to still say no.

Father rev wrote: View Post
                The real question is when the season start in 2012 would you trade Bargnani for Roy ?
                No way. At least we know Bargs will be able to give us 82 games, and is making a reasonable salary.
                Not sure either can be said about Roy.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Horace Grant on Boozer's lack of defensive prowess.

Does this apply to Bargnani, too?
                  Depend who you ask. hehehe.

Comment

Knowing what I know now, I'd draft Roy and then trade him after year 3.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Horace Grant on Boozer's lack of defensive prowess.

Does this apply to Bargnani, too?
                      I disagree with him. You need good instincts to be a defensive stopper. You can train someone to be a decent defender, but not a stopper. You need a certain mentality and instincts to really be a stopper.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Also if there is an amnesty rule for next season, then the Raptors could drop Roy and claim a tonne of cap space. A lot of good reasons I think to draft Roy over Bargnani even in hindsight.
                        Valuing someone because of the large salary they have for you to cut with amnesty is craziness. Your first few points were valid, but now, because we have Bargnani rather than Roy we'll be able to trade him for a good draft pick and some role players. Who do you think would return us a higher draft pick in a trade today? Roy's knees for a potential lottery pick? No way! Bargnani somehow managed to be the better pick.
                        Lamarcus Aldridge.. Different story

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Knowing what I know now, I'd draft Roy and then trade him after year 3.
                          Hahaha Or this. I guess I didn't fully utilize the hindsight that was available to me.

Comment

• RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                            Lamarcus Aldridge.. Different story
                            Indeed ... I was of the argument that drafting Aldridge was redundant as we already employed Bosh and were looking to keep him around ... but now I fully expect Aldridge to be ranked more than a few spots HIGHER than Bosh at this point, and absolutely see him as the far superior Power Foward.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Hahaha Or this. I guess I didn't fully utilize the hindsight that was available to me.
                              If you've got the hindsight, then you've got the hindsight.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Indeed ... I was of the argument that drafting Aldridge was redundant as we already employed Bosh and were looking to keep him around ... but now I fully expect Aldridge to be ranked more than a few spots HIGHER than Bosh at this point, and absolutely see him as the far superior Power Foward.
                                I never bought the argument that Aldridge would have been redundant. I thought Aldridge, while a little undersized, would have been fine at center playing beside Bosh in today's league. I also believed Aldridge was the best player available, so screw it whether or not he had too many similar skills as Bosh.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X