No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for some reason i belive thabeet will be a defensive nightmare when he develops, and he could get alot of minutes to grow here, instead of backing up gasol or d-league
    No Dissrespect...
    With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

• i think the poll in this thread should be changed to:

Do you think Bargnani should even be a starter in the NBA ?

Comment

• dont bother this year - give the minutes to Alabi Davis and Amir. Andersen has already realized his potential he is just an extra body to through out there.

this a rebuilding year where they need to give minutes to young players and gear up for 2011 draft. Adding an injury riddled big like nene or beidrins or Okafor would keep them in this luke warm 9th 10th seed that they seem to perpetually be in.
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
          dont bother this year - give the minutes to Alabi Davis and Amir. Andersen has already realized his potential he is just an extra body to through out there.

this a rebuilding year where they need to give minutes to young players and gear up for 2011 draft. Adding an injury riddled big like nene or beidrins or Okafor would keep them in this luke warm 9th 10th seed that they seem to perpetually be in.
          I am not yet convinced that giving a lot of minutes to the younger players will necessarily generate a lottery unit.

If the Raptors really wanted to maximize their chances of getting a good lottery pick Triano would start

Bargnani
          Anderson
          Kleiza
          Calderon
          Jack

That be the truth
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
            for some reason i belive thabeet will be a defensive nightmare when he develops, and he could get alot of minutes to grow here, instead of backing up gasol or d-league
            Why would we get Thabeet when we have Alabi? They're both essentially the same type of player with the same upside. Thabeet just had more hype coming in and was more developed (sadly)
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• JYD18 wrote: View Post
              Why would we get Thabeet when we have Alabi? They're both essentially the same type of player with the same upside. Thabeet just had more hype coming in and was more developed (sadly)
              bcuz you can never have to many defensive C's if bargs is on your roster. and besides alibi is most likely to spend this year in the d-league
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

• Bargnani this Season

Let's stop anticipating the signing of a superstar and focus on what the Raptors are for the upcoming.

The Raptors are the young guns ( Weems, Johnson, DDR and their older brother JJ) plus a towering talent from Italy that any team in the league would love to have on their roster.

Should I repeat that last part? ANY team in the league would make room for AB.

Why? Because his potential has yet to be tapped in Toronto. Why? Because Toronto has spent the last three years revolving it's offense around CB4.

Well, now that Chris has left for the brights of Miami, I think it's time to develop a strategy that puts Bargnani into the forefront. What are his talents and how can those talents be emphasized while his weaknesses are minimized? Look no further than the way Dirk Nowitzki was used - he became a shot blocker and a rebounder when he was taught the fundamentals of blocking out under the basket and when he realized nobody in the NBA wants to go up against a determined seven footer under the basket. My point? AB needs to become psychologically tougher and technically sounder. Are the Raptors going to provide AB with the coaching needed to help him evolve or not. The raw talent is there. When he's hot he's hot! Downtight unstoppable when motivated is my assessment.

The D-coach - Carlissimo (sp?) might be the guy that helps them turn the corner and become a defensively tougher squad. D can be taught but soft hands beyond the arc cannot. AB has the hands out there and now he needs the campatible slashers - Weems, Jack, perhaps DeRosen, and the elbows from Johnson to play tough in the paint offensively - Bargnani cannot do it on his own.

Comment

• Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                  bcuz you can never have to many defensive C's if bargs is on your roster. and besides alibi is most likely to spend this year in the d-league
                  + 1
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Roarque wrote: View Post
                    Let's stop anticipating the signing of a superstar and focus on what the Raptors are for the upcoming.

The Raptors are the young guns ( Weems, Johnson, DDR and their older brother JJ) plus a towering talent from Italy that any team in the league would love to have on their roster.

Should I repeat that last part? ANY team in the league would make room for AB.

Why? Because his potential has yet to be tapped in Toronto. Why? Because Toronto has spent the last three years revolving it's offense around CB4.

Well, now that Chris has left for the brights of Miami, I think it's time to develop a strategy that puts Bargnani into the forefront. What are his talents and how can those talents be emphasized while his weaknesses are minimized? Look no further than the way Dirk Nowitzki was used - he became a shot blocker and a rebounder when he was taught the fundamentals of blocking out under the basket and when he realized nobody in the NBA wants to go up against a determined seven footer under the basket. My point? AB needs to become psychologically tougher and technically sounder. Are the Raptors going to provide AB with the coaching needed to help him evolve or not. The raw talent is there. When he's hot he's hot! Downtight unstoppable when motivated is my assessment.

The D-coach - Carlissimo (sp?) might be the guy that helps them turn the corner and become a defensively tougher squad. D can be taught but soft hands beyond the arc cannot. AB has the hands out there and now he needs the campatible slashers - Weems, Jack, perhaps DeRosen, and the elbows from Johnson to play tough in the paint offensively - Bargnani cannot do it on his own.
                    This has been talked about all summer. Can we put an end to it. I believe in Bargs too, but we should all just wait for the season to start. Everyone has been talking about Bargs, it's getting old. Let him be, let him play, let him grow.

Comment

• How sad it is, that we were so close to getting Chandler. Screw you MJ for playing with my feelings.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                        How sad it is, that we were so close to getting Chandler. Screw you MJ for playing with my feelings.
                        I am sure Isiah Thomas would agree with you

Comment

How sad it is, that we were so close to getting Chandler. Screw you MJ for playing with my feelings.
                          i'm pretty sure cahndler didn't want to play here and that's why the trade didn't go down. mj was just a cover up
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• daye is an sf, aldridge is a pf, thabeet is a hunk of junk.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• We already have a defensive centre to play next to Bargnani. His name is Ed Davis. He's just gonna take some time.

Comment

He should be, eventhough we'll suck. He's our best scorer, not gonna be very consistent though. I can see him averaging 23 points in February and 16 in may. He'll have those 30 point games though, I feel it.
                                He has never been the Raptors best scorer since he has been on the team.

Most likely that won't change this season

The key is Davis.

If Davis and Johnson can be effective together on the court then Bargnani's mpg could drop to around 32 or maybe even a little less.

The only way that Bargnani will lead the Raptors in scoring in 10-11 is if his minutes are over 35.

We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X