Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    i release on the way up. I like the top release tho.
    Have they ever tried organizing pickup games for RR members?
    We always talk about basketball, we should play it!
    Well, unless you want to head out to Vancouver, then I can't see getting together many many from this forum.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Have they ever tried organizing pickup games for RR members?
      We always talk about basketball, we should play it!
      I set up a thread talking about different places around the city to play.
      I play with a bunch of guys every week from work, at Flemingdon Park.
      Nice outdoor courts, always more than a few hoops available.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Obviously Duncan and Robinson are/were head and shoulders above Bosh and Aldridge, but the analogy is sound. Duncan was considered a center coming out of college (and still is to many). There were actually some questions as whether they could play together.

In the NBA today, the Raptors could certainly have gotten away with playing Bosh and Aldridge together. There simply aren't a whole lot of true, dominant centers that would have caused problems for them, and they also has Nesterovic, who was a true center.
        Yeah, some people missed the point on that analogy.

Just wanted to add that even if LA and CB didn't mesh together, one can use the incredible power of hindsight and trade Bosh for a nice return well before the 2010 free agent circus, knowing that LA is an all-star calibre replacement at PF. LOL.

Comment

• Well if we're abusing hindsight like that, then personally I wouldn't even take LA, Bargs or Roy.

I'd take Rondo in heartbeat over any of them.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Well if we're abusing hindsight like that, then personally I wouldn't even take LA, Bargs or Roy.

I'd take Rondo in heartbeat over any of them.
            Or even better - we could have Rondo AND any of the above, since Rondo's pick was bought from PHX for a song.

Actually, with hindsight, I'm sure we could somehow find a way to assemble a starting lineup of: Dwight, Dirk, Lebron, Wade & Chris Paul. Ok, the gag's getting stale now.... move on.

Comment

Well, I'm probably not the guy to answer that. I was never a dick, to begin with and have been married for a very long time. I do know a lot of divorced couples, though.

And there's a difference between someone naturally maturing with age, and someone changing their personality. Someone who wasn't competitive isn't going to turn into someone who is really competitive. Someone who can't stop working and doing things isn't going to suddenly turn into a couch potato.
              really?? all this time i thought you were at least younger than 30.

i stand corrected. one cannot change his entire personality. nobody can. but you can change one aspect of it, at a time. and that is possible. changing your personality towards basketball is definitely doable. some people use drugs or other bad things in life, but sometime in their lives they are able to change this aspect of their personality and become good people. And learning defense compared to shaking off drugs is definitely a lot easier thing to do. its not about maturity, i had a cousin who had a baby at 17 and she lived through it. Its not about age, its when youre hit with the consequence that you have to man up. And for Bargnani, this is his last straw to man up.

Comment

• By the way, I think the pairing of Bosh and Aldridge would fail miserably when the playoffs rolled around.

Comment

• Maturity can lead to a greater sense of accountability and a stronger work ethic.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    By the way, I think the pairing of Bosh and Aldridge would fail miserably when the playoffs rolled around.
                    I don't think it would work even in the regular season.

Both are subpar defenders. Neither has the weight or strength to match up against many of the Bigger bodies in the league. And both require the ball down low to be effective. Remember the whole big deal Bosh made about not getting the ball where he needs it? You think he'd do any better with another guy who needs the ball in basically the same place?

Remember when they paired Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury together, saying they'd be like Walt Frazier and Earl "the Pearl" .. ya look how good that turned out.
                    Unless one half of the pairing is a standout at both ends (Tim Duncan) then a pairing like this just doesn't work.

Comment

really?? all this time i thought you were at least younger than 30.

i stand corrected. one cannot change his entire personality. nobody can. but you can change one aspect of it, at a time. and that is possible. changing your personality towards basketball is definitely doable. some people use drugs or other bad things in life, but sometime in their lives they are able to change this aspect of their personality and become good people. And learning defense compared to shaking off drugs is definitely a lot easier thing to do. its not about maturity, i had a cousin who had a baby at 17 and she lived through it. Its not about age, its when youre hit with the consequence that you have to man up. And for Bargnani, this is his last straw to man up.
                      I haven't been younger than 30 in a long time. Far too long, it seems.

As for Bargnani, to say he's got to man up is being way too hard on him. He's not Eddy Curry or even Turkoglu. He's not as lazy as some portray him, but what he doesn't seem to have is that drive that pushes some players to get the most out of their talent. I truly don't think it's laziness that is his biggest problem on defense. It's a combination of lack of instincts and lack of intensity (which is different from laziness). Both are incredibly difficult to change, especially for a 25 year old who's already been playing professionally for as long as he has.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Maturity can lead to a greater sense of accountability and a stronger work ethic.
                        I don't get the sense, though, that Bargnani is lacking maturity.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

By the way, I think the pairing of Bosh and Aldridge would fail miserably when the playoffs rolled around.
                          Well, the pairing of Bosh and Bargnani didn't exactly light the playoffs on fire, did they?

I'm not saying with Aldridge the Raptors would have been a contender, but they would have been a better team, in my opinion.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            I don't think it would work even in the regular season.

Both are subpar defenders. Neither has the weight or strength to match up against many of the Bigger bodies in the league. And both require the ball down low to be effective. Remember the whole big deal Bosh made about not getting the ball where he needs it? You think he'd do any better with another guy who needs the ball in basically the same place?

Remember when they paired Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury together, saying they'd be like Walt Frazier and Earl "the Pearl" .. ya look how good that turned out.
                            Unless one half of the pairing is a standout at both ends (Tim Duncan) then a pairing like this just doesn't work.
                            Steve Francis and Marbury didn't work out because their both low IQ players who dominate the ball and have no concept of how to make other players better.

As I said, Aldridge and Bosh would not have been a match made in heaven, but far better than Bosh and Bargnani. Aldridge is a better defender and rebounder than Bargnani and is nearly the scorer.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

i stand corrected. one cannot change his entire personality. nobody can. but you can change one aspect of it, at a time. and that is possible.
                              i beg to differ.

you can change your entire personality extremely quickly.

cocaine.

i've seen it turn many likeable people into complete and utter douchebags.

Comment

As I said, Aldridge and Bosh would not have been a match made in heaven, but far better than Bosh and Bargnani. Aldridge is a better defender and rebounder than Bargnani and is nearly the scorer.
                                LA may be a better defender than Bargs, but it is so marginal that the difference is invisible, if you ask me.
                                And yes he's a better rebounder than Bargs as well, but he's no Reggie Evans either. Would he be just as good with the better-Rebounding Bosh playing beside him?
                                Bosh has Career Rebounding numbers better than the BEST season Aldridge has ever had, and he's only a year older than him.

And once again, at least with Bargnani and Bosh on the floor, one could step out and allow the other more space to work inside.
                                Both Bosh and LA need the ball within 15ft of the net, to be effective. So neither of them is stepping out any further. Thus crouding the lane, and making each less effective.

But again, I think Rondo would have been the best pick out of any of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X