Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    so that now makes Andrea's contract good?

If I have a choice between 2 fat chicks, is the 300lber now hot?

Hardly logical.
    For medical reasons I'd still have a preference. But what I meant to kinda imply, is that there are many, many contracts that can be considered not that good and there are many contracts as bad or a lot worse. Bargnani might be overpaid, but only by a few million, it's not that he makes 10 million too much.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      I disagree, but he should not be a first option and probably at most a shared second option. He should not be expected to lead a franchise; that's where it all goes wrong. But money-wise: remember, Rashard Lewis gets about double the pay Bargnani gets...
      So if one person killed a lot of people and another only killed a couple, does that make the second one excusable?

Rashard Lewis has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, so pointing to his contract as a way of showing how Bargnani's contract is alright doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If Bargnani has never shown the attitude and temperament that CHampionship players generally have, then I fail to understand why you'd keep him. Couple that with the fact that he's shown to be a LIABILITY the majority of time he's on the court, and I really don't see the point in trying to keep him. It's like trying to figure out how to make a boat made of stone float.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        For medical reasons I'd still have a preference. But what I meant to kinda imply, is that there are many, many contracts that can be considered not that good and there are many contracts as bad or a lot worse. Bargnani might be overpaid, but only by a few million, it's not that he makes 10 million too much.
        Bargnani's contract is okay right now, but it increases every year and he'll be making $12 million by the end of it. With a new CBA and possibly less money available for teams to spend, I'd say his contract might end up being bad in just a couple of years, right when the Raptors are going to need more money.

I'm not a proponent of cutting him, but I think he needs to go, both for on court reasons and his contract.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          My wife doesn't have a competitive bone in her body. She HATES competition. So I disagree.
          hahaha
          Being competitive is human nature.
          im pretty sure at some point in your wife's life she either competed against her siblings for attention of their parents, or wanted to beat out other girls to get into the school play, or wanted to beat out 10 other applicants applying for the same job she wanted.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            hahaha
            Being competitive is human nature.
            im pretty sure at some point in your wife's life she either competed against her siblings for attention of their parents, or wanted to beat out other girls to get into the school play, or wanted to beat out 10 other applicants applying for the same job she wanted.
            She shies away from any competition, if she can. She will obviously do it if it's necessary, but she hates it. The fact that she hates it tells me she's not competitive. I, on the other hand, am on the other end of the spectrum.
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

She shies away from any competition, if she can. She will obviously do it if it's necessary, but she hates it. The fact that she hates it tells me she's not competitive. I, on the other hand, am on the other end of the spectrum.
              And the fact that you know she'll do it if it's necessary, tells you that dont mess with her coz she will compete with you if she has to! If your wife is faced with the everyday situation that she HAS to compete, will she? Of course. Coz she HAS to.

Maybe we can say the same for Bargnani? hehehe

Comment

And the fact that you know she'll do it if it's necessary, tells you that dont mess with her coz she will compete with you if she has to! If your wife is faced with the everyday situation that she HAS to compete, will she? Of course. Coz she HAS to.

Maybe we can say the same for Bargnani? hehehe
                She will avoid competition whenever possible and will change her circumstances if faced with it regularly. Probably not the example you want to use to compare to Bargnani.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Sorry guys but we're talking about one aspect of Bargnani's basketball personality here. IMO, he's a decent one on one defender. He's inconsistent with help D, and thats what prevents him from being a good defender. We are not expecting him to change his whole basketball acumen, what he needs to work on is his help D acumen. Is that hard to change? I say no. Again, with the proper coaching and training. You hammer it into his head, "when caldy loses his man, you do this". This is what practice time is for. And i really dont buy the "instincts" are hard to change. Drug addicts have been addicts for years, they enter rehab for a year or two and theyre sober. A meat eater all his life decides to become a vegetarian and is able to change his diet in a year or two. Bargnani can surely learn how to defend instinctively with the proper coaching and training. There are 82 games in a season and at least 2 practice sessions in between games. Common now.
                  Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Oct 7, 2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

She will avoid competition whenever possible and will change her circumstances if faced with it regularly. Probably not the example you want to use to compare to Bargnani.
                    I guess you missed my point.

So you mean to say, if your wife's boss comes to her and says, i need you to increase your quota by 2% everyday because Martha Stewart over there beats you everyday by 1%, she would do it the following day and then quit her job the next day so she can change the "circumstances"?

If yes then i did make a mistake on the comparison.
                    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Oct 7, 2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Sorry guys but we're talking about one aspect of Bargnani's basketball personality here. IMO, he's a decent one on one defender. He's inconsistent with help D, and thats what prevents him from being a good defender. We are not expecting him to change his whole basketball acumen, what he needs to work on is his help D acumen. Is that hard to change? I say no. Again, with the proper coaching and training. You hammer it into his head, "when caldy loses his man, you do this". This is what practice time is for. And i really dont buy the "instincts" are hard to change. Drug addicts have been addicts for years, they enter rehab for a year or two and theyre sober. A meat eater all his life decides to become a vegetarian and is able to change his diet in a year or two. Bargnani can surely learn how to defend instinctively with the proper coaching and training. There are 82 games in a season and at least 2 practice sessions in between games. Common now.
                      YOU think he's a decent one on one defender. I certainly don't. I believe he's a decent one on one defender in certain circumstances, but not overall. I've simply seen too much evidence to support my belief.

And you're not talking about instincts. You're talking about habits. And most drug addicts and meat eaters eventually return to their old ways. So maybe those aren't good examples for you to use.

The chance of Bargnani turning into a good defender are about as good as Amir turning into a 20 ppg scorer. Why not focus on turning Amir into a scorer? At least he hustles and works hard.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I guess you missed my point.

So you mean to say, if your wife's boss comes to her and says, i need you to increase your quota by 2% everyday because Martha Stewart over there beats you everyday by 1%, she would do it the following day and then quit her job the next day so she can change the "circumstances"?

If yes then i did make a mistake on the comparison.
                        I didn't miss your point. You made a mistake in the comparison. She would leave her job under circumstances where she was asked to compete with others. Some people simply don't like competition.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Roy has the heart of lion but the wonkiest 27 year old knees going. So I like Bargnani in this one.......... if he only had a heart.

I have been looking for Bargnani's player rank on ESPN. Did I miss it? Is he in the top 50?

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            I have been looking for Bargnani's player rank on ESPN. Did I miss it? Is he in the top 50?
                            I have a thread that sums up all of the Raptors in the ESPN Player rankings.

Bargs was #81 I think..? Check the thread if you really want to know. haha
                            And he was also apparently overrated according to the Experts.

Comment

YOU think he's a decent one on one defender. I certainly don't. I believe he's a decent one on one defender in certain circumstances, but not overall. I've simply seen too much evidence to support my belief.

And you're not talking about instincts. You're talking about habits. And most drug addicts and meat eaters eventually return to their old ways. So maybe those aren't good examples for you to use.

The chance of Bargnani turning into a good defender are about as good as Amir turning into a 20 ppg scorer. Why not focus on turning Amir into a scorer? At least he hustles and works hard.
                              If you really want to look at things the nitty gritty way then nobody is a good overall defender because you play defense according to the player you are guarding. So based on your reasoning, battier is not a good overall defender, coz DHoward will dunk on him every time he guards him. And Kobe will run circles around DHoward if they go one on one. So when you say "in certain circumstances" then it pretty much applies to every player. No one player can decently defend every other player that comes his way. Thats just impossible. Of course if Bargnani comes face to face with Joe Johnson, specially if theyre in the perimeter, he definitely cannot defend him squarely, but IMO, he can definitely decently defend big men down low.

I was actually talking about personality. and not all, not even most of drug addicts and meat eaters "eventually" revert back to their old ways, at least not the ones i know. rehab prevents them from reverting. and proper training and coaching is what will prevent Bargnani from reverting back to his old ways if he choses to stick to improving his defense.

I have no problem turning Amir into a 20 pt scorer. That would be awesome for the Raptors if they give him a shooting coach and make him chuck a million shots a day and guide him on how to do the proper release, balance and stance. I guess thats the difference in our analysis, i think of the glass half full, and you think of it half empty. Are you saying that Amir has no chance of becoming a 20pt scorer?

Comment

I didn't miss your point. You made a mistake in the comparison. She would leave her job under circumstances where she was asked to compete with others. Some people simply don't like competition.
                                I guess you know your wife more than i do but i dont believe you. No woman, at least the ones i know, the one who raised me, and the other one who i met later in life then married, would never, ever come home and say to me, i quit my job coz theyre pushing me to compete.

My apologies, i did make a mistake on the comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X