No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm seeing no mention of this anywhere. You'll need to post the link and then I can look. I have Insider.

Comment

• http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...candidates-nba

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        I'm seeing no mention of this anywhere. You'll need to post the link and then I can look. I have Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...candidates-nba

Comment

• Who are some other darkhorse amnesty candidates that could be next to fall? Here are five:

1. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
          Remaining contract: 4 years, $41.5 million

The Bargnani contract reeks of dissonance. If the Raptors drafted him No. 10 and not No. 1, would they feel differently about using the amnesty? As a business venture, organizations should strip their emotional ties to players and view the contracts as cold, hard assets. And an impartial viewer would look at a player like Bargnani and likely conclude that his contract is plain awful.

Sure, he averaged 21.4 points per game last season, but he also needed 17.8 shots per game to get there. Not to mention he may be the worst defender and the most pathetic rebounder for his size. But irrational sentimentality will most likely keep him in Toronto.
          This is just the usual trolling article from ESPN, no substance.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
            Very much agreed. Thank you for posting.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
              Does Tim W. work for ESPN now??? haha

Comment

• Read the article. It's not worth posting. It's just the writers' opinion. There is no leak, no source, this is fantasy. Forget this, it's not real.

Comment

• Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• The subtitle of the article is "Here are five surprise candidates on whom teams could use the amnesty clause" basically meaning "I just pulled 5 names out of my ass". All the non-surprising candidates are just guesses and assumptions anyway.

ESPN just needs more content to justify charging for it.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
                      hahaha dont even start man....i tried to explain numerous times.
                      Apparently, scoring isnt a big deal.

Comment

Bargs was one of only 4 seven footers in the NBA to average over 20 points (Dirk, Dwight, Brook Lopez) ... why does the writer say it like scoring the ball like he can (21.4PPG was the 15th highest scoring average in the best league in the world) is not a big deal?
                        Because ppg means very little in the grand scheme of things. He points out that AB's efficiency isn't very good , his rebounding is terrible and his defence atrocious. Who cares if he scores 21ppg? At 15th best as a first option that makes him very much middle of the pack. Factor in the efficiency/rebounding/defense and you have a guy who is overpaid and not worth his contract.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• im not sure id amnisty him just yet... but he is a volume scorer... he needs to do something with shot selection. not to mention the rebounds & D...

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                              probably because there is more cons than pros of Bargnani right now.
                              I could come up with a lot of pros ... Depends what people want to focus on at a given time.

But to the topic of the thread, there is no chance in hell Bargnani gets Amnestied.
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• I hope they don't cut him. Who do you fill that with? Even if we could hit a "home run" (which is in quotations because I think it would be a stupid idea) with someone like Nene...well he's average 12 and 7 in his career. I don't want that garbage I don't care if he is a better defender. He's also undersized. Chandler's already gone, and man is he getting overpaid. I'm not really seeing an option. We need to have a certain amount of salary.
                                I don't think it's sentimental to keep Bargnani, I think if you're smart at all you think "how could I get back 20+ pts AND 6 rb (shit, hopefully more this year damn it) for 10 million?" Really think of that a second considering the contracts in the league these days which clearly are not going to change that much in the new agreement. Could we sign a wing AND a big for that money? Could we get a multiskilled high scoring forward for that low price?
                                ESPN's writers and reporters are quite often full of shit and just looking to stir up a story where there is none. Really, I'm not even a Bargs fan, but there's no way we amnesty him this year, it would be a terrible decision. Maybe in another year or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X