Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Further to this, it was never really about Bargnani's rebounding totals, but more about his effort. He's clearly putting in more effort this year (so far), and is doing a better job of keeping his man off the glass. I wouldn't care if he only averaged 3 boards, as long as his man isn't burning him for offensive rebounds.
    +1

Comment

• Bargnani has a 24.2 PER over the first six games. Roughly 28 PPG and 7 rebounds over the last four games.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Bargnani has a 24.2 PER over the first six games. Roughly 28 PPG and 7 rebounds over the last four games.
        Don't forget the 2.5 assists per game.

Bargnani is putting up franchise player numbers right now.

I wish I could see his effort in the future... where is my crystal ball?

Comment

• Glad to see that Bargs is shutting up all the people that wanted him out of Toronto all these years. All he needed was the right situation, which is exactly what Casey brings to him.

Comment

• scruffz wrote: View Post
            Glad to see that Bargs is shutting up all the people that wanted him out of Toronto all these years. All he needed was the right situation, which is exactly what Casey brings to him.
            Dude everyone in Toronto wanted him out, except BC, Multipaul and Raptorsfan4life.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
              Dude everyone in Toronto wanted him out, except BC, Multipaul and Raptorsfan4life.
              I never WANTED him to leave. However, I did consistently maintain that having him around, while having Bargs play at the same lazy level as last year, with zero accountability would be a horrible thing to keep around young, developing players.

His current level of play has negated those fears for now. We've all seen him play at a high level though. He must maintain this and turn it into his Status Quo.

Comment

• i never wanted Bargs gone either.... he's the lynchpin in my dreams of an all honky raptors team

Comment

I never wanted the Raptors to let him go, actually.

Comment

• He was being asked to do the work of a center, even though it's not his natural position. I knew that if used the right way he could do very good things. Plus, trading him away can't replace 17-20 points per game, and considering the poor defense the Raptors showed in the past, losing him would have meant way more blowouts. I don't hope for every player to get shipped out of town just because of a few stumbles.

Comment

• I always knew that Bargs was the best player on the team and I said it repeatedly over the last seven years. You can check my posts.

Comment

Just past the mid point of last year I wanted him gone..... really gone. I was so sick and tired of him. I was tired of defending him. I was tired of trying to think of circumstances to make the team successful with him. I truly thought it was time for him to go.

At the beginning of the end of the lockout I softened my view but was still very skeptical. The softened stance came on interviews with him. It seems like he had a life altering experience this off season. He is a changed man in terms of his demeanour and confidence. It seems to have carried over to his game - at least at the moment.

I am really excited to see how the rest of the season goes for the Raptors - and to be honest, Bargnani specifically.

Comment

You don't read enough posts here if you feel that way. I've been on the fence myself for much time. There have been times where, depending on the circumstances, I've been in support of him being traded and I think a lot of fans are like that. All that said, I've said coming into this season that based on the current circumstances he deserves a fair chance to prove himself with a real defensive coach and a finally a fire lit underneath him by his GM.

I think you have three camps: the die hard Bargnani fans, the hardcore Bargnani haters and the fans in the middle who's opinion can change based on their values and the circumstances at the time.

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I always knew that Bargs was the best player on the team and I said it repeatedly over the last seven years. You can check my posts.
                          Maybe so but this is really impressive: In October of 2009 I predicted the Dallas Mavericks would win the NBA championship in 2010. Go ahead, check the post. (hint: look at my join date)

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            i never wanted Bargs gone either.... he's the lynchpin in my dreams of an all honky raptors team
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              You don't read enough posts here if you feel that way. I've been on the fence myself for much time. There have been times where, depending on the circumstances, I've been in support of him being traded and I think a lot of fans are like that. All that said, I've said coming into this season that based on the current circumstances he deserves a fair chance to prove himself with a real defensive coach and a finally a fire lit underneath him by his GM.

I think you have three camps: the die hard Bargnani fans, the hardcore Bargnani haters and the fans in the middle who's opinion can change based on their values and the circumstances at the time.

Maybe so but this is really impressive: In October of 2009 I predicted the Dallas Mavericks would win the NBA championship in 2010. Go ahead, check the post. (hint: look at my join date)

You mean a flip flopper? That would be me!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                You mean a flip flopper? That would be me!
                                I wouldn't really call it flip flopping. I'm mean whether he should stay isn't an unchanging moral issue like abortion.

For the people in the middle I think it's more that it comes down to an ever changing theory of whether or not he can be the player we want him to be based on our own values of what a good player is and/or whether he fits in with was we define a good team. Things change and so opinions can change. For some it's game to game, for others it season to season for others its when significant changes take place(or don't take place).

Comment

Working...
                                X