No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only it was earlier and calderon was out too.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• *Gasp*

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Andrea Bargnani is out for the rest of the season, according to BleacherReport from a tweet from Marc Spears! I guess Raptors are starting tanking from here on now :/

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
        If only it was earlier and calderon was out too.
        +1

Comment

• Interesting quote from Casey, as taken from the Toronto Star.

"Casey said his first up-close and personal look at Bargnani after seeing him as an opposing coach was enlightening. He was impressed by Bargnani’s “ability to play defence, his quickness and speed at the defensive end . . . pick-and-roll coverages.

“Just using his length on the defensive end. I had never seen it, but I saw it. He showed it and as my grandfather said, ‘He told on himself.’

“I know now he can do it, so that’s going to be the command coming back in next year.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-celtics-84-79

Comment

• This is nothing new, every coach has said they've seen him do it. Even Bargnani said he can do it.

The problem is/was that he's lazy. But, if he says Casey has got him to commit good for him.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Interesting quote from Casey, as taken from the Toronto Star.

"Casey said his first up-close and personal look at Bargnani after seeing him as an opposing coach was enlightening. He was impressed by Bargnani’s “ability to play defence, his quickness and speed at the defensive end . . . pick-and-roll coverages.

“Just using his length on the defensive end. I had never seen it, but I saw it. He showed it and as my grandfather said, ‘He told on himself.’

“I know now he can do it, so that’s going to be the command coming back in next year.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-celtics-84-79
              Notice how he talks about only defensive screens and picknroll coverages. Nothing about Bargnani challenging a bigman in the post or protecting his basket against guards.

Besides what do you expect a coach to say about your best player? That he is no good on the other end?

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                Notice how he talks about only defensive screens and picknroll coverages. Nothing about Bargnani challenging a bigman in the post or protecting his basket against guards.

Besides what do you expect a coach to say about your best player? That he is no good on the other end?
                Considering the primary offensive weapon in the NBA is the pick and roll, that is a pretty big component of defense and a compliment to Bargnani's contribution.

Will he ever bang with the bangers? No.

Will he ever be a help side shot blocker? No.

Will he ever be a great rebounder (or good)? No (no).

Is he utterly useless defensively? No.

He is what he is. I hope he can be healthy next year and contribute to a winning Raptors team.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  ...He is what he is. I hope he can be healthy next year and contribute to a winning Raptors team.
                  He is a pretty good face-up defender as well. As you have mentioned in the past Matt.

Comment

• They need to show videos of Bargnani's non-13 game self to Bargnani to show him how not to play

http://biffbampop.files.wordpress.co...exludovico.jpg
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• This thread is becoming a very good time capsule of Raptors fans emotions towards Bargnani.

Comment

• I do hope he's still here next season.

I really think he'll be one of those players who once you let go, will come back and bite you on the ass. I didnt mean that literally, what i meant was the Raps trade him and he turns into an All-Star. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                          I do hope he's still here next season.

I really think he'll be one of those players who once you let go, will come back and bite you on the ass. I didnt mean that literally, what i meant was the Raps trade him and he turns into an All-Star. But thats just my opinion.
                          If he does turn into an allstar, and the Raptors win games without him (using whatever pieces we acquired in a Bargnani trade), where's the harm?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            If he does turn into an allstar, and the Raptors win games without him (using whatever pieces we acquired in a Bargnani trade), where's the harm?
                            I agree. If we get more wins, becomes contenders, then good riddance. But thats why I said "come back and bite you in the ass" meaning he contributes more to the team that he goes to and helps them get more wins, while we still keep losing.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              I agree. If we get more wins, becomes contenders, then good riddance. But thats why I said "come back and bite you in the ass" meaning he contributes more to the team that he goes to and helps them get more wins, while we still keep losing.
                              Yes, that would be a tough pill to swallow. But technically speaking, that potential exists with every trade scenario.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Yes, that would be a tough pill to swallow. But technically speaking, that potential exists with every trade scenario.
                                Technically, yes. But with Bargnani, it has a better chance, high probability of happening. He's a match up nightmare, he's now shown how he can change given the right coaching, and, he can put in the effort. What team wouldnt want that? What team cant use that? I think a lot of teams would.

On the same note, i dont want to keep Bargnani just for the sake of keeping him, nor trading him for the sake of trading him. There has to be a good return, and fits the Raptors plans and needs, whatever they want to do with Bargnani.
                                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Apr 24, 2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X