No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think the Bargs + Val combo can be one of the best big man combo's in the league. They could outplay Amar'e and Chandler

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
      Technically, yes. But with Bargnani, it has a better chance, high probability of happening. He's a match up nightmare, he's now shown how he can change given the right coaching, and, he can put in the effort. What team wouldnt want that? What team cant use that? I think a lot of teams would.

On the same note, i dont want to keep Bargnani just for the sake of keeping him, nor trading him for the sake of trading him. There has to be a good return, and fits the Raptors plans and needs, whatever they want to do with Bargnani.
      Given the "right" coaching, or the "perfect" coaching? It seems to me that Casey is one of the few people who are capable of getting through to Bargnani. Without Casey, I would guess Bargnani regresses terribly (especially when combined with a new management team who ISN'T committed to giving Bargnani the longest leash humanly imaginable).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Given the "right" coaching, or the "perfect" coaching? It seems to me that Casey is one of the few people who are capable of getting through to Bargnani. Without Casey, I would guess Bargnani regresses terribly (especially when combined with a new management team who ISN'T committed to giving Bargnani the longest leash humanly imaginable).
        Im thinking he'll probably have the same attitude if Popovich coached him, Sloan, or Phil Jackson. A no non-sense coach that wouldnt take BS from him.

I think its still unclear in the eyes of many what Bargnani is capable of doing and maybe even potentially capable of doing. What many see is the obvious, lazy, cant rebound, can defend. But others, they see. That is why even a coach like Casey (who sees) gives him the time of day/patience.

I think rather than Casey thinking of "giving him the longest leash humanly possible" he considers him a superb talent that needs a little extra attention, in a glass half full kind of way.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          i think the Bargs + Val combo can be one of the best big man combo's in the league. They could outplay Amar'e and Chandler
          IMO, its the perfect combo (if JV translates his inside offensive/defensive presence to the NBA).

I was watching the NYK-ATL game, and one of the announcers emphasized Amare's free flowing game was the result of chandler sitting out. He was saying Amare is more comfortable with Chandler not playing because he can move freely in the paint. With Bargnani and JV, that wont be a problem because Bargnani mostly work in the perimeter, so JV can have the paint all to himself. The big advantage would be having 2 7-footers in the paint on defense.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            IMO, its the perfect combo (if JV translates his inside offensive/defensive presence to the NBA).

I was watching the NYK-ATL game, and one of the announcers emphasized Amare's free flowing game was the result of chandler sitting out. He was saying Amare is more comfortable with Chandler not playing because he can move freely in the paint. With Bargnani and JV, that wont be a problem because Bargnani mostly work in the perimeter, so JV can have the paint all to himself. The big advantage would be having 2 7-footers in the paint on defense.
            IMO Amare was probably the single biggest reason why the Suns always lost in the playoffs...because you are right and even though he is a natural PF he was more often the C in Phoenix because of the style they played. Now, Amare is not the "best" defensive player there is....and I think Iam being generous...given this and the style of play in the playoffs and the opposing team having a true and heavier centre he provided a mismatch in favour of a player like Duncan or Shaq in the West.

Comment

• New york is going to get raped in the playoffs

Comment

• New Bargnani Poll

It's up! Time to grade him on current information!

I also merged all old threads to the point where he became "the man".

Comment

• I'm giving him a C because he only played 13 good games and he didn't rebound the ball like i wanted him to.

Comment

• Wow

• Has there been a Raptor who generated this kind of debate?

• Would VC have sparked this kind of chat - had his time in Toronto been more in the modern age of Blogging & Alternate-Media sites?

Comment

• Yes. Vinsanity was gigantic.

Comment

• Shit...

Didn't even realize I started the most popular and longest thread in rr history.

I think that's pretty freakin' neat.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Yes. Vinsanity was gigantic.
                          Oh gosh, it would have been. Overwhelming. Actualy, way way past that.

It would have been like riding space mountain at disney world after just smoking a j and doin some blow.

So, it would feel like you're head would explode and you'd want it to. But, it wouldn't.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            Shit...

Didn't even realize I started the most popular and longest thread in rr history.

I think that's pretty freakin' neat.
                            You mean to tell me this thread is YOUR fault?! Why I oughta ... hahah

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              You mean to tell me this thread is YOUR fault?! Why I oughta ... hahah
                              The prospectus that I started the most popular thread unintentionally is awesome. The fact that it's about Bargnani and it's generated this much frequency, is douchebag of the year worthy.

Comment

• STILL DIGGIN' THE BARGS

Andrea Bargnani may have played just 31 games this season, but it was enough for both Bryan Colangelo and Dwane Casey to consider him “on board” with the new direction this team is headed.

Bargnani’s season may have been thwarted by injuries, but before those injuries took him away from the court, Casey was able to get Bargnani to buy into his defensive scheme, something no one saw coming a year ago.

Casey said it was a combination of being demanding and being very specific with his expectations, not just for Bargnani but all of the Raptors players.

“The one thing that I appreciate about Andrea is he allowed me to coach him as hard as any star player will allow a coaching staff and myself to coach him,” Casey said. “I know (legendary Italian) coach (Ettore) Messina coached him hard as a young kid and he responded. And I was on him as hard as anyone else, but in a respectable way. I didn’t demean him or anything like that, but if he made a mistake, he knew about it. He responded to that.”

Casey felt Bargnani also responded to his philosophy of laying out exactly what was expected of Bargnani and every other player on the roster.

“We had specific rules and a system and I think that’s important to certain players because they want to know exactly what their job is on the defensive end,” Casey said. “I don’t think a player on this team didn’t know what their job was on the defensive end.”

Colangelo said the how’s and why’s of Bargnani’s defensive emergence don’t interest him in the least.

“You might say it was the system, you might say it was the coach motivating him,” Colangelo said. “Bottom line, he was better, he was more effective for us. Don’t really care why he was.”
                                http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/27...t-about-jerryd

Comment

Working...
                                X