Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I read recently that not every international player wants to go back and play for their country. That a lot of them just play because of national pride or a sense of feeling like they must.

That's why I wish they would make the rules for the Olympics 25 and under and keep it more associated with what it should be...amateur athletics.
    Not sure I understand how age contributes to amateur athletics.

Comment

• And I have no idea why it 'should be' amateurs. An Olympics without any top athlete in all sports would be plain silly and nobody would care or watch because none of em would be amateurs (except for all the Chinese ...).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I read recently that not every international player wants to go back and play for their country. That a lot of them just play because of national pride or a sense of feeling like they must.

That's why I wish they would make the rules for the Olympics 25 and under and keep it more associated with what it should be...amateur athletics.
        We often think of many types of athletes as amateur that are not. Track athletes get paid appearance fees and take home some big money in international competitions, don't forget about endorsements as well. Some sports are less high profile and not much money is made, but most, if not all athletes at the Olympics are true amateurs.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          We often think of many types of athletes as amateur that are not. Track athletes get paid appearance fees and take home some big money in international competitions, don't forget about endorsements as well. Some sports are less high profile and not much money is made, but most, if not all athletes at the Olympics are true amateurs.
          I agree. I've never understood how professional NBA/NHL players could compete at the Olympics. I also recall some pretty big names in various sports renouncing their amateur status to turn pro (ie: get paid), only to decide to return to the Olympics many years later, which never made sense to me either. To me, Olympics should either be fully amateur, or open it up to everybody so you can actually call it 'the best against the best'.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            i was really just setting an arbitrary cap to ensure that even if professionals played they wouldn't necessarily be the top seasoned ones in their primes
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              i was really just setting an arbitrary cap to ensure that even if professionals played they wouldn't necessarily be the top seasoned ones in their primes
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• As a fan, I would much rather watch "the best against the best". I don't have any particular motivation in maintaining the amateur status.

I enjoy watching the Crosbys and LeBrons representing their countries.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I agree. I've never understood how professional NBA/NHL players could compete at the Olympics. I also recall some pretty big names in various sports renouncing their amateur status to turn pro (ie: get paid), only to decide to return to the Olympics many years later, which never made sense to me either. To me, Olympics should either be fully amateur, or open it up to everybody so you can actually call it 'the best against the best'.
                  I actually heard that Stern wants to create an age limit for basketball players to be 23 and under for the Olympics and the Worlds.. that way guys that are older than 23 don't get wiped out by having to play NBA ball all season, and then international ball in the summer every two years. Not sure if it will actually happen, but I personally like that idea.

Here is a link to the story:
                  http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/05...-the-olympics/

Comment

• Sometimes I forget how skilled Andrea is for a 7 footer. Those are some serious handles.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post

Sometimes I forget how skilled Andrea is for a 7 footer. Those are some serious handles.
                      Is that the Hoopdome? it looks strikingly similar. Not enough people appreciate Andrea and what he does, the guy is seriously talented.

Comment

• the reason andrea wasn't an all star in his second or 3rd year in the league is because we had bosh and cause sam mitchell was a retard. Dwane casey would have had him playing like dirk in his 2nd year

Comment

• I'm very excited about the news, but the decision must've been one hell of a hard one for Primo Pasta and Sauce...

It's good for him though, he needs to worry about rehabbing off the injury even though he said he was feeling good, and needs to continue on his game. I would like to see a bit more conditioned Andrea come season.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
                            Is that the Hoopdome? it looks strikingly similar. Not enough people appreciate Andrea and what he does, the guy is seriously talented.
                            I was thinking the same thing. Those adds in the back especially look like hoopdome. Kinda odd that he would rent out the whole facility to use one net though!

Comment

• Just found my summer workout routine, except from 20 feet closer.

Comment

• Bargnani taking the summer off to condition his body is the best case scenario. It shows maturity and accountability to the Raptors.

Comment

Working...
                                X