Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow... Minnesota at 9-5?!?!
    Without Love and Rubio, thats IMPRESSIVE.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• twolves are really deep, plus AK47 is having a hell of a year. boy was i wrong about him.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bargs for AK47? Pwease?!

Comment

• I agree with Matt52

I agree with Matt52....i defended Bargnani for over 6 years.....I even felt proud of his 13 game stretch of semi brilliance.....BUT.... I think its time to lessen his role as the top option on this team.

I Truly believe we will need to make 1 of 2 decisions with BARGS.....

1) Play him as a lethal 6 man that comes in and puts pressure on the defence with his offence (a la Ginobli for the Spurs Jason Terry did for Dallas, JR SMith did in Denver, or Harden did for OKC)

2) or Trade him

When Lowry returns....I would prefer to keep him as a 6th man. Let's be honest, Andrea is a really BAD help defender and rebounder. This is especially important at the beginning and end of games....most GOOD teams wouldn't start such a bad defender or rebonder.....especially when you have an equally bad defender in JOSE and an improving defender (but not good) in Demar.

I personally would have a guy like ED start.... (hear me out)......he does all the little things like box out, block shots, grab rebounds and sets picks......ED led the team in rebounding last year...... he averages 4.8 rebounds per game in ONLY 14 minutes this year..... Andrea averages 4.4 rebounds per game in 34 minutes this year!!! ED needs more minutes! He's not garbage - he's a serviceable big man with barely any chance to prove himself (and led the team in an important category when he did get some burn - he also got bigger and worked on his shot)

Rebounds are VERY IMPORTANT (Do I have to explain why?)

*Bargs plays very well with AMIR and JOSE - this is a no brainer!* Keep BARGS for the weapon we know that he is......we're just not using him right!

P.S.

With Ed and JV in the starting rotation we would get sooooo many second chance points....the offence would run through Lowry and Demar as per usual.

Dont Trade AB just yet.....lets first use him in his rightful role.... Ginobli makes more $$$ than Andrea does he and has no issues coming off the bench, maybe AB wont care as long as we win.

Comment

• I found this in our basket news portal. It's in Lithuanian though, was surprised I couldn't find it in other portals, so I'm not sure about credibility, although it's number 1 source of news.

Gasol for AB7 and Calderon:
            http://www.basketnews.lt/news-55762-...u-raptors.html

Lakers' negotiating exchanges with Raptors
            Jonas Valanciunas may lose a place in the Toronto Raptors' starting lineup of five. It was occupied by the Los Angeles Lakers' Pau Gasol moved.

Season started badly the Lakers are looking for ways to enhance the composition. Los Angeles Club offers Raptors exchange - give Gasol for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Manuel Calderon.

Raptors looking for the stars around which to develop team play. 32-year-old Spaniard is probably the best player, the Toronto team is now able to get it.

Raptors management goal - to attract a player, winning an average of 20 points and 10 rebounds.
            Used gtranslate to save time. IGNORE part with JV loosing starting 5 position. Author forgot Gasol is usually playing 4.
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 12:55 PM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              I found this in our basket news portal. It's in Lithuanian though, was surprised I couldn't find it in other portals, so I'm not sure about credibility, although it's number 1 source of news.

Used gtranslate to save time. IGNORE part with JV loosing starting 5 position. Author forgot Gasol is usually playing 4.
              http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981764902

I wonder if this is the source?

The source in this link is Bleacher Report.

I would put little faith in this.

Comment

• Matt52 after careful consideration I'm now with you
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• yea, looks kinda the same :/
                  Lol, people up here also call Bargnani Macaroni Hilarious
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                    I found this in our basket news portal. It's in Lithuanian though, was surprised I couldn't find it in other portals, so I'm not sure about credibility, although it's number 1 source of news.

It's funny, as much as I have supported Bargnani, I was playing around with ESPN's Trade Machine last week using this scenario as a starting point.

Lakers
                    - Calderon would be a fantastic backup (and insurance for Nash), who would fit in wonderfully on their stacked team
                    - I actually think Bargnani would be a better fit with the Lakers now than Gasol. They have D12 down low at both ends (especially important as a defensive anchor), a pass-first PG who always makes his teammates better, a true dynamic #1 scorer in Bryant and a lock-down wing defender in MWP. Bargnani's outside-in game would seem to compliment that unit very well, providing outside shooting to spread the floor and a second post-up option. I think his underrated passing game could also flourish when surrounded by those finishers, plus his defense/rebounding wouldn't be nearly the problem next to D12 as it is in Toronto.
                    - swapping Gasol for Bargnani would also save the Lakers a lot of money and allow their aging team to get younger, with a future front court of D12/Bargnani

Toronto
                    - I just don't think we need/want Gasol, so I think additional team(s) would be required to return anything of true long-term value for the Raptors.
                    - one thought I had was Gasol to Houston, with young players/picks going to Memphis for Gay
                    - another thought I had was Gasol to Atlanta, with Smith going to Toronto (though rumor is Atlanta said no to a straight-up Gasol-Smith trade)

Could be an interesting starting point, but I assume it's likely just fantasy at this point

Comment

• Gasol to Toronto can work and there might actually be some scenarios to make it happen without including Calderon:

1) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lpjrha

Lakers: Bargnani, Kleiza
                      Toronto: Gasol

2) After December 15th, anyone can be traded who signed as free agent.

Lakers: Bargnani, Fields
                      Toronto: Gasol

D'Antoni reunion with Fields, Fields g/f would certainly enjoy LA for her career.

3) After December 15th, any combination of Raptor players that total a minimum of $14M in salary going out.

4) Numerous 3 team deals out there with main pieces Bargnani to LA and Gasol to Toronto.

Gasol would certainly be a better fit on this team. It would give the team a low post scorer that has quite possibly never been here, another shot blocker, and play maker off the block.

Keeping Calderon retains his Bird Rights and playing with a great friend and countryman could be appealing. Keeping Calderon as a backup on a $5M contract would be great.

Raps would have full MLE to pursue a wing such as Dorrell Wright.

Gasol is an expiring $19.3M contract in 2013-14.

I do think #1 or #2 makes Toronto a playoff team.

ADD: from a LAL perspective they also save $4.25 for every dollar shed in salary. So losing $5M saves them nearly $21.5M ($16.5M in luxury tax and $5M salary prorated).
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 20, 2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Why do we want a 32 yearold Gasol?

Id rather keep Bargnani.....

Comment

• did bargs 45% shooting and 40 from 3 with his 7 boards cost us this game too? or was it more horrible 4th quarter defence and 25% as a team from 3?

i hope he goes to another team with jose in some sort of package deal and does great.

Comment

• Miekenstien, everyone out on the floor, including the coach, deserve the blame for such a fourth quarter collapse..

Comment

• so thats everyone other than JV, Ed, and Ross.

its why we want them to play so bad

Comment

• i understand the overall issue. my point is when he shoots just 36% he is crucified win or lose. tonight he had an alright game. i will give you jv and maybe ross at the 3, expecially against a team like philly. i think he can guard their wings. but i don't think ed and jv can play together unless ross starts shoot 35+ from 3 consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X