Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnp wrote: View Post
    Per 48 minute stats mean nothing because there is a reason why Amir played less then Bargs and that has everything to do with ability. Until he leads the team in blocks, the thrown belongs to Bargs 2 years running.
    is the reason b/c amir fouls out a lot because that has never happened last season.

is the reason b/c BC tells every coach that bargs HAS TO PLAY 35 mins a game no matter how low his PER is ?

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
      is the reason b/c amir fouls out a lot because that has never happened last season.

is the reason b/c BC tells every coach that bargs HAS TO PLAY 35 mins a game no matter how low his PER is ?
      If he fouls out allot then that tells me all i need to know about his ability.

Also you, nor anyone here, has any inside info on what Bryan tells the coach. Triano has a strong resume, and great experience with USA basketball, so I highly doubt he would allow that to happen. He`s his own man and dictates who plays.

Comment

• You're 100% right buddha Bargnani sucks, Amir Johnson for MVP this year right? lol
        Can't wait for Bargs to put up good numbers this year so the haters shut up

Comment

• I have been a Bargnani hater since the day he was drafted. Unfortunately because he is on the Raptors I am forced to like him and root for him. I think all hardcore Raptor Fans pray that he can become like Dirk Nowitzki, but the truth of the matter is he's too stupid. He's too robotic with his moves and has no sense of improvisation. once he has a move in his head, he will never retract from it. Too many times I watched him in the post doing a fade away jump shot with a point guard covering him. I have never been so embarrassed.

We have constantly made excuses for him for the last four years such as; it takes longer for big men to develop, he had a deviated septum and he couldn't breathe properly, he'll play better now that bosh isn't there...This is the last year I give him. If he can't average 20 points and improve his defense then I will be convinced that he's half mongoloid.

Would anyone trade Bargnani for Okafor?

Comment

Seriously Buddahfan you need to get a life. Why do you feel the need to bash our best player at least 3-4 times a day? This thread is so comical its not even funny. Are you seriously comparing Pops, who has bounced from team to team because he cant hold a permanent job,to someone who averages almost 20 points a game in the NBA? Say what you want about his defence, but the truth is Bosh, who most were willing to give max money to, was even worse and provided 3 more rebounds and 5 more points. In my eyes we are getting great value in Bargnani, far more then we would if we maxed out Bosh.

Also if you bothered to watch any of the games, what has people excited is that the majority of the points he's scoring are in the paint. He is second in scoring, 8th in rebounding and second in blocks for the tournament as the primary option on offence.
            Well said, my friend...

Comment

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
              I have been a Bargnani hater since the day he was drafted. Unfortunately because he is on the Raptors I am forced to like him and root for him. I think all hardcore Raptor Fans pray that he can become like Dirk Nowitzki, but the truth of the matter is he's too stupid. He's too robotic with his moves and has no sense of improvisation. once he has a move in his head, he will never retract from it. Too many times I watched him in the post doing a fade away jump shot with a point guard covering him. I have never been so embarrassed.

We have constantly made excuses for him for the last four years such as; it takes longer for big men to develop, he had a deviated septum and he couldn't breathe properly, he'll play better now that bosh isn't there...This is the last year I give him. If he can't average 20 points and improve his defense then I will be convinced that he's half mongoloid.

Would anyone trade Bargnani for Okafor?
              Don't get your panties in a knot...You can't claim "he's too stupid" when you don't have a clue yourself. To suggest that Bargs for Okafor is a trade worth discussing only reveals that you may be half mongoloid. Why do you think Okafor has bounced around the league? He's a complimentary player at best not someone that can be the focal point of any team.

Comment

If he fouls out allot then that tells me all i need to know about his ability.

Also you, nor anyone here, has any inside info on what Bryan tells the coach. Triano has a strong resume, and great experience with USA basketball, so I highly doubt he would allow that to happen. He`s his own man and dictates who plays.
                i said he DOESNT FOUL OUT a lot....

you think bc has no say in how many mins Bargs gets ?

Comment

• Okay, seriously. I think that the second a Bargnani thread is opened, it should be closed immediately. Eventhough it's fun to see all these guys battle it out, it's getting out of hand. We should save the Bargnani threads for Christmas, when we actually see him play.

Anyways, Bargnani isn't the best player on the Raptors' roster. I think DD could definitely be better, Kleiza is pretty good. Amir's stats are better, but remember players that play few minutes tend to have pretty explosive stats... But if Amir can play 30 minutes a game, he'll definitely be good. Jarrett Jack is probably better than Bargnani, for now. But right now, it's not about who's better. Bargnani's impact on our game is the MOST important. You take out Bargnani, and Amir will never score. You take out Bargnani and alley-oops won't be flying for the YGZ. Bargnani spreads the floor, he brings out large centers all the way to the three point line. He contributed ALOT to Bosh's 24 point season. It's always easier for other big men to score, when only one big man is in the lane, and that's why Bargnani is so important. It is also hard to defend against Bargnani because when he gets the ball on the three line, defenders don't know whether to go all the way up, or stay back. Because Bargs could always launch a three, or pump-fake and run right passed the usually slower defender. And as he runs in, Bargs has options aswell. He is also a pretty good passer, so he can either go for a lay-up, strong dunk, pass it under the last big man inside, and give it to AMir for easy points, or even pass it out to anyone free. If Amir can do that, if Jack can do all of that, if DD can do that, then we don't need Bargs. But they can't, so even if Bargs only averages 18 points and maybe 7 rebounds. His impact on the team is larger than any other player on the team. Might not be the best, but I would take a Bargs over Amir any day, even with his huge contract.

Comment

• Whether we like it or not, Bargs has to play like he's the real deal this upcoming season. No ifs or buts. I think he can do it given Bosh's departure. I don't know who Buddhafan thinks would be the 1st or 2nd option for the Raps this year but I wouldn't be surprised if Amir happens to be one of them. What a joke!

Comment

• When Buddha has RED posts you know shit is going down. LOL.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I watched a lot of the games last season.

Bargnani will not be the Raptors best player in 10-11. He might even turn out to be only their 3rd or 4th best.

Using summer league Euro play to say that Bargnani is going to become the next Dirk is just out of touch with reality.

Why do you think that almost everyone thinks the Raptors are going to be so bad?

The reason is because all these people believe that Bargnani is the Raptors best player.

If they realized that he will be maybe only their 3rd or 4th best then they would be ranking the Raptors higher like I am.

You my friend are in a state of cognitive dissonance when it comes to Bargnani.
                        You are in a state of senility...To suggest that Bargs will be 3rd or 4th best player on the team proves once again that you don't have a clue about bball and you waste our time with you're nonsensical posts. You assume that Bargs will suddenly deteriorate drastically when there isn't any evidence of this happening. In fact, Bargs has progressed in most categories each season yet for some ridiculous reason in your senile mind he will suddenly drop off this season.
                        You consistently bash the Euro summer bball experience Bargs is getting to continue improving his game, yet if he had decided to take the summer off you would probably be the first person to criticize him for being lazy or not committed to improving enough.
                        The reason this team WILL be better than some predict is because of Bargs and the improvements he made while playing Euro ball this summer and not because Amir or anyone else on the team magically got better while doing much less.

Comment

Vinnie are you serious? Amir couldn't remain on the court because he was constantly getting into foul trouble. Also, if he's as great as you claim, then why did everyone criticize the money he got as a free agent, even though it was less then Bargs? No one was criticizing the Bargs deal even though its almost twice what Amir is making. There is a reason for that and it has everything to do with ability.

Comment

LOL. Amir can't stay on the court. "HE DOESN FOUL OUT a lot" is just funny. HHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                              You are in a state of senility...

LOL, that is the state, straight out of old school, but with a childish, puerile, emotive attitude that is what keeps us really amused here during this long summer. Kinda Peter Pan Syndrome, the only difference seems to be that our Forum Superstar is more driven by big boys (love for Amir and DD, hate for white euro trash), while Peter was especially fond of his Tinker Bell.
                              This irreversible - considering his apparent age - affective disorder is spiced by the dogmatic use of hollow stats, in the attempt to disguise the complex and give objective value to his raving.

Khandor, where are thou?

(c'mon, BuddyFan, don't get too upset, just joking a little...hey, btw, Amir told me he's gonna call you up soon...)
                              Last edited by lusset blither; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 04:17 AM. Reason: wanted to add the link to WikiSyndrome
                              ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

Vinnie are you serious? Amir couldn't remain on the court because he was constantly getting into foul trouble. Also, if he's as great as you claim, then why did everyone criticize the money he got as a free agent, even though it was less then Bargs? No one was criticizing the Bargs deal even though its almost twice what Amir is making. There is a reason for that and it has everything to do with ability.
                                I don't like the Amir signing either... but on a per minute basis Amir gets more than double the blocks Andrea gets...

that's all I was sayin...

when bosh was hurt Amir played 30+ minutes and did ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X