Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    having the right to do something doesnt make it okay to do whatever the hell you want with it
    than it fails to become a right

That Boston ticket wasn't cheap (you would be surprised how many die hard fans were at the game) I would imagine that the most disappointed person in the house with Andrea, is the season ticket holder, who is shelling out 35K a season. (I know that the guys on the forums don't always have that much invested in the team)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      Give me a $50m contract over the next 5 years, you won't see me complaining about people booing me after they paid money to watch me work.
      There is no point to argue with you... You just hate Bargnani and no one can change your opinion
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
        than it fails to become a right
        no it doesn't... you have the right to do whatever you want... even if it's douchey...

but the people who want to point out how douchey it is... they have a right to point it out

it's a vicious cycle... you have the right to boo... i have the right to point out you're lacking common decency... you're allowed to shit on people who point out a lack of common decency... i'm allowed to explain the difference between having rights and being a dick... and bargs is allowed to pull a VC and lower his trade value because these fans are a buncha dicks..

and you're allowed to boo him for it..

Comment

• Bargnani being dealt for back up PG???? may not be the best source however so take it with a grain of salt...

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
          Spoke 2 guy unaffiliated w Raptors but has inside knowledge of management mindset. Says definitely trying 2 deal Bargnani. ? is, can they?
          Found it interesting TR r trying 2 get pure point back as part of package. Someone like Calderon who gets ball 2 people in position 2 score
          The potential trade indicates the partner of the TR being MT sending the 7 footer with a wing player for the veteran PG Ridnour.

Heres hoping the Wing is Anderon, and we can net Ridnour or Barera (likely Ridnour) and Pekovic or D Williams.
          Rumur further explained here..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...re-point-guard

Comment

• then the douchyness factor is up to the eye of the beholder, a very dynamic principle, another person may think your tshirt is douchy, I say meh.... big deal.

Again, that Boston game was a prime game, the real fans, and seat investors were there.

Comment

Again, that Boston game was a prime game, the real fans, and seat investors were there.
              Yeah, and it's very reasonable to drop guy's morale before he did nothing wrong in so called "prime game". The fans are people, who should help the team by cheering them. I think that booing really helped them, all the fans who booed are best in the world
              Last edited by japetas; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:35 AM.
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• Philadelphia is funny, I went there as raptor fan, and the only heckling the Philly fans did was of Kyle Korver. It was relentless, and everyone was trying to top the last heckle. It was hard not to smile.

Comment

• japetas wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, and it's very reasonable to drop guy's morale before he did nothing wrong in so called "prime game". The fans are people, who should help the team by cheering them and I think that booing really helped them, all the fans who booed are best in the world
                  They probably help the team financially, and hence feel the pain of loosing more. Season tickets are not cheap, and if you have not noticed, raptor games have been selling for far under season ticket price. That is actual money paid by the season ticket holder, so its a been a loosing proposition for those who have invested in the team. And a lower bowl investment is very costly for two seats at the acc, especially if your seat carries a license, which means you also have more money invested than just the ticket obligation. (many people are in the 35K range for 1 season)
                  Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

then the douchyness factor is up to the eye of the beholder, a very dynamic principle, another person may think your tshirt is douchy, I say meh.... big deal.
                    It's about maturity level and perspective, not about "personal rights" or how much you paid for the seat. Booing a guy coming back from a 2-month injury layoff is lame-ass BS. Same kind of people who laugh because Rudy's last name is "Gay".

You can talk about your "rights" as a fan all you want, and you're right, you *can* do whatever you like. But to pretend it's not immature and classless to do it is simply to make you feel better about it.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• That is fine, if you want to call my perspective immature and classless it is your right as well.

You can decide the baseline for how you deal with others, and categorize them as you wish.... but chances are you did not have a ticket for that game, and are now acting like a little girl whose feelings are hurt.

Comment

then the douchyness factor is up to the eye of the beholder, a very dynamic principle, another person may think your tshirt is douchy, I say meh.... big deal.

the t-shirt thing is funny... because i've actually ran into an issue with that lately... i have a few horror themed t-shirts... chainsaws, blood, etc... and my brother asked me not to wear them around my niece

it's my right to wear a shirt i paid for... but he's not wrong either...

just because i pay for my seat, doesn't mean i can be a douche about it.. i pay for my seat on planes too, but they'll tell me when i'm being a drunken moron... and they aren't wrong

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                          Same kind of people who laugh because Rudy's last name is "Gay".
                          i personally find those jokes HILARIOUS...

but i fully admit... i'm a dick

Comment

• maybe BC will get the message.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• This same kind of thing can be said about a forum, how dare you criticize derozan, AA, etc... You are not raptor fan, lada lada. Where do we draw the line?

If you want to think half of the ACC are douchbags, you can, but it just makes for an angry existence, mistrust of people, and perhaps reading kaczyniski's manifesto. Or you can just accept it, and realize that fans are fans and they are all cool. Regardless of their thoughts on Derozan, booing, or pizza slices. It's just a game in the end, no need to guide your morality by it, or use it as an excuse to control others behavior.
                              Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                And this is why guys don't want to stay in Toronto.
                                Disagree again. Look at the reception Rudy Gay got in his first game. Toronto is begging for a star player and team to cheer for. They've just become jaded from the constant losing. Why cheer for players or a team who isn't winning? Embracing average players and treating them like all-stars is what got us into this mess to begin with. Perform or get booed. Simple.
                                There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

Working...
                                X