Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jami_slam wrote: View Post
    With all due respect, Bargnani is a game breaker and Jarrett Jack simply isn't. JJ however is better at speaking English and provides good leadership qualities. Claims of Jack being the best player on the raptors, however, doesn't really hold suit. I believe Panini said it before that the impact Bargnani has is much greater than any one other individual on the team. Plus, he's improved statistically and physically every year since he's come into the league. It took Chris Bosh almost 6 years to fill up his frame; after getting called out by Shaq.

I'm hoping that this year Bargnani steps it up, he does what he's told to do. This year they will be counting on him to be the go-to-guy, being a former #1 overall pick by the way. I agree stats can tell you a lot about a player, but they can also put things out of a global perspective.

---------------------------
    www.twitter.com/jami_slam
    I see my name HAHA

Comment

• which is why hes soo frustrating....30 points and only 2/24 at the line? i dont know whether to congratulate him or smack him in the face with a pizza pan i could make better then 2/24 with a hangover.
      which is a great representation of what he is today, INCONSISTENT lol.
      Last edited by blaze89; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
        Pops was fun, but I have to repeat something from a poignant moment: “Are you seriously comparing Pops, who has bounced from team to team ... ” .

johnp made one point about Bargnani and value relative to points & stats. Bosh would’ve cost us Max money – no hometown discount on that one. One option, that with bad luck, could`ve sidetracked the team for years to come.
        [QUOT“ ... what has people excited is that the majority of the points he's scoring are in the paint.”E]
        The irony is, some will say this European stuff is bogus basketball, and it means nothing. Do good – to be expected. Do lousy, and they’ll shout – “even failed D-League”.
        Bargnani will not be the Raptors best player in 10-11.
        If he’s not, this could bode well for the Raptors. It may mean a player has “erupted”, and been that surprise we really want.
        “I watched a lot of the games last season. He might even turn out to be only their 3rd or 4th”.
        Really. 4th best? That sounds more like a FAQ statement.
        “ .You my friend are in a state of cognitive dissonance when it comes to Bargnani”.
        The state is not in a confliction of ideas. Bargnani will do well.
        .[/QUOTE]

+1

Comment

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
          To suggest that Bargnani is better than Okafor reveals that you are FULLY Mongoloid! Last I checked Okafor can play defense, rebound, and his points averages aren't that shy of Bargnani's. For you to suggest Bargnani be the focal point of the raptors reveals 1. You hate the raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. You must be related to Bryan Colangelo.

Yes Okafor is a complimentary player, but so is Bargnani!!

2009-2010

Okafor 29 years old 10 pts, 9 rebounds, 1.7 blocks.

Bargnani 25 years old 17 pts, 6 rebounds, 1.5 blocks.

7 more points a game isn't just a few points, its almost double Okafor. Also don't discredit how much he opens up the floor for other players, something Okafor doesn't do.

Comment

• Something doesn't make sense about these numbers. All players on both teams had awful - i'm talking epic awful - F/T numbers.

Croatia shot 23/67, for a total of 34.3%
            Italy shot 15/77, or 19.5%.

What...were they shooting from half-court or something? That's insane, and it can't be correct.

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
              I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him. He rarely ever got the ball at the elbow as he should this year with RuPaul gone. He almost always got the ball as the second or third otion, and Amir got most of his points garbage style so there are no assists.
              Your argument is trash, considering Bargnani shit the bed whenever Bosh was out. His numbers actually went DOWN despite all the extra minutes, possessions and responsibilities. Without Bosh drawing all that attention, Bargnani couldn't create an open look to save his life .. and lord knows he's utterly incapable of growing a pair like Amir and getting some garbage points.

Check and mate.

Comment

• It really doesn't make sense how does 77 attempts on 24 fouls add up if your Italy? or even 67 attempts on 23 fouls for Croatia.....

Comment

• Sorry but when Bosh ( aka RuPaul) was out as you says the Young Guns as they're called and Jack forced alot of ther own offence. bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow. Why don't you wait until a quarter of the season is through and see if you have any bullshit to spew?

As for check and mate is that what you said when you looked down your pants?

Comment

• You should dig up Bargnani's Elementary School stats as well...
                    He has been pretty competent with the fts since he's been pro. How is this relevant?

Comment

bargs played well but still never got the ball on the elbow.
                      No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.

Comment

• There's definitely a problem with the boxscore. Other FT performances include Bozonella 0/11; Di Vicarro 0/10..... not to mention they have the Italian starting centre shooting 4/10 from 3; as if a centre is going to take 10 3-point shots in one game!

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post
                          No, he did not play well. His already mediocre percentages plummeted. His already pathetic rebounding got even worse.
                          You're a waste of my time.

Comment

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                            ... pray that he can become like Dirk Nowitzki, but the truth of the matter is he's too stupid. He's too robotic with his moves and has no sense of improvisation.....
                            With all the trashing of Bargnani that I have seen on this site, I can't recall seeing an attack on his cognitive abilities before. My first thought was that though it is certainly no valid test of intelligence, he does seem clueless out there. My second thought was to remember the discourse around his drafting, about how BC had this "formula" for something like B-Ball acumen or some notion that included both physical and mental attributes. All the talk was about how this kid blew the test out of the water.

Does anyone else recall this? If so, can you explain what we have seen Bargnani's game over the last few years that would correlate with such a measure?

Comment

I would argue that Bargnani got assisted with his shot more often because plays were never really ever called for him.
                              what a dumbass...

ok so if there were no plays being called for him why was SUCH A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF HIS MADE FIELD GOALS assisted on (way more than anyone else on the team) ??

hez not creating his own shot is he ??
                              Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• does anyone disagree that bosh drew a lot of double teams ?

they dont show it properly on tv but if you go see the game live... almost every minute he's in the paint, teams would double him hard...

i was a celtics game where KG n Sheed were like throwing him on the ground and rarely would he complain or even look at the ref.

Comment

Working...
                                X