No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way we know that Dorsey is very good rebounder.

He mentioned on live chat that he weighs 280 and regularly bench presses around 315 pounds.

I think that that weight and strength helps him clear enough space to grab them rebounds.

Weight does matter when it comes to rebounding, straight up.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• There's been nothing that suggests Bargs' "hunger" for rebounds has improved. He'll get those that come to him for sure, but I can't see him go after it (each and every night) and get 8 a game. I see him maintaining his average. Of course, I would love to be wrong.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        By the way we know that Dorsey is very good rebounder.

He mentioned on live chat that he weighs 280 and regularly bench presses around 315 pounds.

I think that that weight and strength helps him clear enough space to grab them rebounds.

Weight does matter when it comes to rebounding, straight up.
        Does it really? Ask Eddy Curry how thats working out for him.

Being heavy doesnt equate you to being a prolific rebounder.
        Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Sep 27, 2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

It has everything to do with weight.

Go analyze his fouls and you will see that a lot of them are due to his trying to guard stronger heavier guys

On top of that his career average for rebounds is only 10 per 36 minutes. So even if can control his fouls he is not going to play 36 mpg.

Learn your stuff my friend.
          I dont think you're in any real position to criticise me, friend. Your track record on here isnt exactly stellar. Amir 's problems doesnt stem entirely from lack of girth, it's because he uses his hands too much when he defends and he's caught out of position. He should be able to easily stay in front of guys at his position. He has the speed and length to. Shit, Bosh did that his first year in the league and was pit against guys who were heavier than him.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I dont think you're in any real position to criticise me, friend. Your track record on here isnt exactly stellar. Amir 's problems doesnt stem entirely from lack of girth, it's because he uses his hands too much when he defends and he's caught out of position. He should be able to easily stay in front of guys at his position. He has the speed and length to. Shit, Bosh did that his first year in the league and was pit against guys who were heavier than him.
            Both yourself and Buddah raise good points and I think you are both correct.

Some added size and strength to Johnson would certainly help his positioning on D i.e. he'll be able to hold his own and he might not have to use his hands to pick up the b.s. fouls.

The size is only good if he keeps his footspeed/speed/agility though. It is a very fine line.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
              8-9 rebounds a game. I will be willing to bet sircilly and tim. The loser gets banned from the raptors republic board????
              Nice play bro...I doubt either one has the balls to take you up on it though...

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                Nice play bro...I doubt either one has the balls to take you up on it though...
                What do you know about balls (Tony Montana voice)- Mr. Vagina Monologues aka RaptorRoo...............

As for Frankthetank he pm'd this facetious balderdash the other day:
                http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/pr...owpm&pmid=2197
                I don't like you LOL
                Just wanted to tell you that you suck as a raptors basher. I'd like to see you broken over Triano's knee's LOL. This forum isn't for guys from BC its from guys from Ontario where the Raptors play. There are many blogs and boards to talk basketball please take your negativity to those blogs and boards. Thank-you in advance

Btw- I don't want Frankthetank to get banned over such a sure bet only to re-register under another alias......lol

Comment

I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.
                  How about that awesome quote of "My goal this year is to be an all-star and dunk on Shaq."
                  Joshua Priemski
                  NBA blogger
                  SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                  www.RufusOnFire.com/
                  www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.

There were a lot of team rebounds which Bosh grabbed just for his stats' sake

Comment

• pistol pete wrote: View Post
                      There were a lot of team rebounds which Bosh grabbed just for his stats' sake
                      I think out of the 10-11 boards per game that Bosh averaged during his all-star years in Toronto, I'm sure Bargnani can find 1-2 rebounds out of that.

Comment

I think out of the 10-11 boards per game that Bosh averaged during his all-star years in Toronto, I'm sure Bargnani can find 1-2 rebounds out of that.
                        Of course, it's all about trying the find those hidden rebounds isn't it? if it was the case, what happen to those missing rebounds he could of "find" instead of the disgusting 5.4 rebs/games he had the last five games of the season? apparently somebody stole it from him eh?

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                          Of course, it's all about trying the find those hidden rebounds isn't it? if it was the case, what happen to those missing rebounds he could of "find" instead of the disgusting 5.4 rebs/games he had the last five games of the season? apparently somebody stole it from him eh?
                          The guy averages better than 6 boards a game last season. Most of the rebounds our team collected last season was by a guy who is no longer with us. Our third leading rebounder is also gone. If you don't believe that Bargnani can increase his rpg by 1-2, then I'd really like to know is who you think is going to be collecting the rebounds? Are those 10-11 rpg that was gobbled up by Bosh gonna find it's way to the opposition's hands for second and third chance baskets?

Comment

• sirchillymost wrote: View Post
                            what do you know about balls (tony montana voice)- mr. Vagina monologues aka raptorroo...............

As for frankthetank he pm'd this facetious balderdash the other day:
                            http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/pr...owpm&pmid=2197
                            i don't like you lol
                            just wanted to tell you that you suck as a raptors basher. I'd like to see you broken over triano's knee's lol. This forum isn't for guys from bc its from guys from ontario where the raptors play. There are many blogs and boards to talk basketball please take your negativity to those blogs and boards. Thank-you in advance

btw- i don't want frankthetank to get banned over such a sure bet only to re-register under another alias......lol

like i said...you don't have the balls to take up frank on his bet....

And you sure as hell don't have the balls to take me on you little bitch

i'll make you my girlfriend madam chilly bitch

Comment

• RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                              like i said...you don't have the balls to take up frank on his bet....

And you sure as hell don't have the balls to take me on you little bitch

i'll make you my girlfriend madam chilly bitch
                              Just like the hook is this klassic Boogie Down Production track- U Must Learn.....

Comment

The guy averages better than 6 boards a game last season. Most of the rebounds our team collected last season was by a guy who is no longer with us. Our third leading rebounder is also gone. If you don't believe that Bargnani can increase his rpg by 1-2, then I'd really like to know is who you think is going to be collecting the rebounds? Are those 10-11 rpg that was gobbled up by Bosh gonna find it's way to the opposition's hands for second and third chance baskets?
                                I forgot to mention the last five games were without Bosh in the lineup, thats worser than his 6 rebounds per game he had, so in theory, he was a BETTER rebounder when Bosh was playing with him. And I don't even want to look at his pts/game w/o Bosh, Im just going to hope he at least improves in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X