No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that Chilly Willy has a bias toward the more athletic players. regardless of their skill level and against the less athletic players regardless of their skill levell.

Say what

Yea, yea I think he does
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Oct 4, 2010, 02:48 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Your definetely been way to hard in him and this post sticks out as overly negative. He's not a top ten centre and I don't think any of us believe so. He however is better than some other centers. Nene better? Better rebounder and shot blocker yes, better scorer? No... Greg Oden has hardly even played enough to be considered better and Mehmet Okur is essentially Bargnani and Bogut hasn't been anything special yet. I see you already mentioned that some players you listed were better defensively so at least you covered that. Bargnani has his offensive game covered. His defense, or lack thereof is what garners the criticism

Comment

• Though most people wouldn't consider Mehmet Okur a top 10 and I believe he and Nene and Horford are also used as forwards. I also would not consider Kaman as a top center either.

Comment

• Whatever Tim, you're just a hater.

Always a fun read, are you going to finish grading the off season anytime soon?

Comment

• 11. Bargnani has a high basketball IQ.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Rg1990 wrote: View Post
              Your definetely been way to hard in him and this post sticks out as overly negative. He's not a top ten centre and I don't think any of us believe so. He however is better than some other centers. Nene better? Better rebounder and shot blocker yes, better scorer? No... Greg Oden has hardly even played enough to be considered better and Mehmet Okur is essentially Bargnani and Bogut hasn't been anything special yet. I see you already mentioned that some players you listed were better defensively so at least you covered that. Bargnani has his offensive game covered. His defense, or lack thereof is what garners the criticism
              This isn't my post- click on the link. I just happen to agree with alot of the particulars pointed out about Bargnani.....

Bargnani is going on year 5 in the NBA yet on a team void of any proven NBA leading scorer both BC & Jay have said in various media reports that TO has no go to guy? Then why did BC draft Bargnani #1 overall in 2006 for???? BC said he had a 5 year plan with Bargnani back in 2006- well the proof is in the pudding.....2010-11.....

Btw- I like basketball players who play hard all the time whether athletic or not unlike Bargnani aka BC's Golden Child who lackadaisical play, effort is the only thing consistent in his game....No more Bosh for BC to hide Bargnani's game behind anymore...

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                11. Bargnani has a high basketball IQ.
                12. He has to be good someday because he was once a number one over all

13. Brain Colangelo doesn't overly defend him and put positive spin on everything he does in a desperate attempt to make him successful because his career legacy will be harshly criticized for drafting him ahead of vastly superior players.
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• K sorry

Comment

• Bargnani is a good basketball player with a lot of offensive skills, but his defense and rebounding are horrendous. Wash rinse repeat.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think we'll see some improvements in his defense and rebounding. Not just numbers, either. This could be the year he finally understands the benefits of playing team defense and boxing out. Seriously!

Comment

• Bogut's game has improved tremendously. Not only that, but he kills us.

Comment

• You've listed 14 centers. Of those, Bynum, Yao (who'll play 20 minutes a game), Oden, Perkins, Kaman are or will surely be injured for long stretches. Nene, Okur, Horford aren't better than Bargnani, maybe worse. Camby is excellent, but at the end of his career and a bit winded. So, we have one of the top ten centers in terms of impact on the game throughout the season.

Comment

• pistol pete wrote: View Post
                          You've listed 14 centers. Of those, Bynum, Yao (who'll play 20 minutes a game), Oden, Perkins, Kaman are or will surely be injured for long stretches. Nene, Okur, Horford aren't better than Bargnani, maybe worse. Camby is excellent, but at the end of his career and a bit winded. So, we have one of the top ten centers in terms of impact on the game throughout the season.
                          Al Horford is already the best undersized C in this league and the laeader of an Atlanta team that's improved tremendously (albeit plateaud) and has already become a team leader and a captain. He finished last year 14 and 10, was an All Star, and is still on his rookie contract. He also finished top 10 in win shares, RPG, and a slew of other impressive stats. He's a good defender who makes his rotations and does a solid job playin man to man.

Andrea is easily top 10 offensively, but defensively he's a bit of a sieve on a team full of gaping wounds. There's a reason his win share is only about 4 whereas Al's is almost 11.
                          "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                          -Newsradio

Comment

• Just want to mention that when you compare Dirk and Bargs season averages when they both played 34 minutes for the first time, they had very similar stats, Bargs was maybe better. So I'm just hoping he'll be a 25 9 guy hahaha.

Comment

• Another myth: Bargnani was a poor choice as a number one overall.

When you look back at the choices BC had with the no. 1 pick, he wasn't a terrible pick. Add to that his rookie year looked pretty good (obviously BC and a bunch of other GMs missed on Brandon Roy the R.O.Y.) Bargnani will be better than Aldridge and Thomas who were picked just after him.

Guys, he is what he is. He wasn't drafted for his defence. He was drafted for his potential and if he doesn't live up to it, I'm still glad the GM went with his choice and didn't just take who ESPN said was best.

Comment

• aintno4s wrote: View Post
                                Another myth: Bargnani was a poor choice as a number one overall.

When you look back at the choices BC had with the no. 1 pick, he wasn't a terrible pick. Add to that his rookie year looked pretty good (obviously BC and a bunch of other GMs missed on Brandon Roy the R.O.Y.) Bargnani will be better than Aldridge and Thomas who were picked just after him.

Guys, he is what he is. He wasn't drafted for his defence. He was drafted for his potential and if he doesn't live up to it, I'm still glad the GM went with his choice and didn't just take who ESPN said was best.
                                Well it's year 5 for Bargnani so potential is out of the window now...it's show & prove time for Andrea. No more potential talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X