No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs must have brought Swirsk some primo salami and cheese from the old country. Wonder what that endorsement was based on otherwise. Maybe Bargs will be a sympathy coach's pick from the Raps.

From some of the pre season viewing my sense is that Bargnani's play has regressed from last season Cant say it might not have to do with all the new faces and that the ball doesnt go into the post area anymore (Bosh) and AB is having a difficult time adjusting to put himself in a ball receiving position. But in anycase as has been mentioned here... the man I think has decided that improving his rebounding, boxing out and general defensive responsibilities is not going to be primary to his game. I cannot believe that this has not been emphasized to him for the coming season. I can only assume that if he continues to play this way and BC has not lost his mind, he will get shipped out.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Bargs must have brought Swirsk some primo salami and cheese from the old country. Wonder what that endorsement was based on otherwise. Maybe Bargs will be a sympathy coach's pick from the Raps.

From some of the pre season viewing my sense is that Bargnani's play has regressed from last season Cant say it might not have to do with all the new faces and that the ball doesnt go into the post area anymore (Bosh) and AB is having a difficult time adjusting to put himself in a ball receiving position. But in anycase as has been mentioned here... the man I think has decided that improving his rebounding, boxing out and general defensive responsibilities is not going to be primary to his game. I cannot believe that this has not been emphasized to him for the coming season. I can only assume that if he continues to play this way and BC has not lost his mind, he will get shipped out.
      Swirsky is clownin' on Bargnani & BC indirectly.......

Chicago has 11 new faces and Noah's game hasn't appeared to regressed any......Reggie is getting the ball in the post.....

Bargnani needs to post the fuck up and demand the ball- point blank. Bargnani will be here as long as his babysitter Gherardini is around and BC is the Raptor's President/GM.

Comment

• Obviously Swirsky is a complete idiot.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Do you not understand the words that I am posting? Or are you making up your own definition of my words? Jose never played a full season as the Raptor's primary starter at point guard pre his current contract (he split time or was backing up or starting over TJ Ford but was never the primary starter throughout the season)- nothing more, nothing less- comprehend? Making up sh*t to come off as being correct is 100% facetious balderdash- partner.
          Yes, I know he was never a full time starter. I have never argued that fact. I really have no idea what you're trying to debate, here. Calderon started 56 games the season before he signed the contract. As I said, though, it's not as if the Raptors had a choice as to when to give him the contract. He was a free agent, then, and Miami offered him a contract. It was either pay him or lose him.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
          Save that drama for the Dalai Lama. He was drafted number one over all any basketball follower knows how much prestige is given to the number 1 overall NBA draft pick especially since the Lottery era- recognize game or remain mentally lame. The Raptor's got the top pick in a very weak draft and drafted an unknown (to most NBA/Raptor followers) foreign project as part of the BC/Stern vision to Europeanize Toronto basketball in the NBA's globalization effort. It wouldn't surprise me if some behind the scenes maneuvering went on to ensure that TO got the 1st pick (in order to draft Bargnani) ala NY & Ewing. The NBA is a business looking to globalize itself & TO is an asset that Stern is using to do exactly such under the guise of a International philosophy NBA team in the TDot.
          If you think the Raptors drafting Bargnani was part of some sort of conspiracy, you are beyond hope. And I'm not the one that needs to save the drama.

I'd rather TO be in luxury tax territory while getting rid of both Jose & Bargnani in the process.

I want Carmello Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!

Rap's need a SF/point forward (especially since Barbosa seems like their best overall guard & could start) and/or a center from the names I have read rumored to be available: Kaman? Prince? MWilliams? Diaw? Anthony? Okafor? Nene? SJackson?

You gotta make the playoffs to get to the championship, friend....
          You do realize that simply going into luxury tax territory doesn't get you anything, right? San Antonio was never in luxury tax territory until last season. Orlando went to the Finals while being under the threshold, THEN went over it.

And simply making the playoffs doesn't guarantee anything. Without building the right way, you could be a perennial playoff punching bag. Atlanta has no hope of getting to the Championship because their roster is flawed, yet they win lots of games and get to the second round. I'm sure lots of Raptor fans would be happy with that.

Charlotte is a team that got itself to the playoffs, but are in no position to go beyond that. Their best players are at or beyond their prime. And they were in the luxury tax (until they waived Dampier).

And while I'd certainly take Bargnani for Carmelo, don't expect to go all that far with him, either. He's not a good defensive player and only got past the first round when Billups joined the team. He's only a little better than Joe Johnson.

I'd take Jefferson and his contract over Bargnani- all day, every day- forever. AJ boards much better than Barg's as well as he posts up in the paint plus he is a basketball player with heart not a person with a heart playing basketball. Not to mention Sloan will hjave AJ playing D or he'll be sitting on the bench too bad Jay has to take orders from his svengali BC instead of making his own moves like Sloan......
          Boozer didn't play defense, either, and he played. Utah is content with simply making the playoffs and competing. It's a shame because I've been a fan of them since the beginning of the Stockton and Malone days.

And if given the choice, I'd take neither Bargnani or Jefferson. There are two things I would require of any big man. Rebounds and defense.

Jay "I liked the effort" Triano is the 1st NBA Canadian head coach- nothing more than a feel good PR story for the TO fans to suck up or spit out while being misled and deceive by BC, Jay & Gherardini......3 blind mice.......3 stooges.......3 the soft way.....

BC's big picture Raptor vision is str8 up Bull Chit; from 2006-07 Atlantic Division champs (then Boston made the major moves while BC sat on his laurels & now own the Atlantic) to 2010-11 Conference chumps- as is. BC's future is now- I don't know what type of basketball paradigm you're trying to convey but I want a GM & coach who want to compete in every game and let the chips fall where they may instead of planning for a high lottery pick while feeding the fan base an unlimited supply of MLSE marketing propaganda in the form of various PR spins.

What was BC's luxury tax media hype during Boshs' free agency? Just some bull chit to pacify the fans into thinking that he was really going all out to re-sign CB? If you want a winner in the current NBA a GM will most likely have to go into luxury tax territory until a new CBA is negotiated that how it currently is.
          Sorry, I had trouble reading that through all the bitterness.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Colangelo is worthless too. He needs to be sent packing. Enough of his Eurocentrism. It sure isnt working out for the Raps.

Comment

• IMO, it's mainly BC blowing smoke up his own ass. it's like the dork who claims to have banged the chick...at camp. she was from...alaska. yeah, that's it....alaska!

BC: sure, andrea is asked about all the time! by...the LAKERS! yeah, that's it, the lakers! and they've been offering...kobe & bynum! but, uh, the numbers just don't work. yeah, the numbers...damn this stupid CBA! and just last, er, week, orlando called, wanted andrea for howard, straight-up, but i held firm...not without including matt barnes, i said. they tried to sell me on the idea that he wasn't on the magic anymore, but i is too smart to fall for that ploy, so i ended the talks.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• Ho Hum

Another Bargnani thread .... kinda surprised this doesn't have more pages.
                Must be the overdose effect.

Comment

• Chuck doesn't think before he says anything anymore. It's like monkeys are playing drums in his brain.

Comment

• jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    Did Andrea get a single play run for him yesterday? The Bulls announcers were talking all night about how little he was involved in the offence, and they were right. It was really beginning to frustrate me... seemed like they were restricting what he was able to do on the floor. The only place he got the ball was at the three-point line with a Raptor standing on either side of him. Not one post-up.

Hopefully it's just a pre-season thing...

That's exactly what it is...Jay is experimenting with offensive and defensive sets and player rotations. That's what every coach does in the preseason and that is the beauty of playing games that don't mean anything in the record books.

Comment

• My god! Are you really blamming Bargniani for this? What about Dorsey? He went with West even with the ball in Lasme's hands. This is an ATP, after timeout play, look at robinson leavig to the weak side to clear the way of Lasme, he was ordered to fake the pass to West and wento to the hoop with his defender a step behind. It's a very old and silly play, even I have made that play as a coach sometimes, it's very effective.

No way Bargs has te fault on this one, he was not late, Dorsey should have put a body on Lasme to try to stop him in order to give time to Bargs to recover. In a straight line, there's no way the defense comes in time

Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
                        My god! Are you really blamming Bargniani for this? What about Dorsey? He went with West even with the ball in Lasme's hands. This is an ATP, after timeout play, look at robinson leavig to the weak side to clear the way of Lasme, he was ordered to fake the pass to West and wento to the hoop with his defender a step behind. It's a very old and silly play, even I have made that play as a coach sometimes, it's very effective.

No way Bargs has te fault on this one, he was not late, Dorsey should have put a body on Lasme to try to stop him in order to give time to Bargs to recover. In a straight line, there's no way the defense comes in time
                        Barg's should have fouled Lasme- point blank, given the in game situation. Not wave him on by. Barg's could have easily fouled him but chose not to for whatever reason.

Comment

• sleepz wrote: View Post
                          I believe he has also said in the past that he is the player that gets the most inquiries as to his availability. Of course we will never know who has been offered or even if there are offers. The one thing I do know is that he will NEVER trade Bargnani as his ego won't allow him to. It would be akin to admitting failure or a mistake (which he has done with Turkoglu mind you) but this failure would be too much as it would say or indicate that Andrea was a bust and he was the GM who selected him.

The problem is Colangelo is the main culprit for Andrea's shortcomings or expectations as he gave him a cushy support system and never challenged the kid to be accountable and get better in his area's of weakness. If you don't have to work hard for something or experience setvbacks or failures you tend not to value potential success as much.

Colangelo should be well aware of this considering he was a direct recipient of the "meritocracy" principle as he was in line for the GM job after his pops left Phoenix.

You don't force a player into the rotation (made that mistake with DeRozan as well) or fire a coach who doesn't play your prized possession as much as you want. There's a good reason why players sit down if they are not performing or doing what a coach needs them to.

I'm not a big Bargnani fan but I am starting to almost feel sorry for him as the hounds have now been let loose and he's rockin that milkbone underwear.

The one thing BC has always been consistent throughout his tenure with the Raps is that he's never been shy about fixing his mistakes and will be the first to correct those mistakes immediately: TJ Ford, Jermaine O'Neal, Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Bellinelli (a player whom he strongly coveted)....

If it is true that BC often gets plenty of trade offers for Bargs, doesn't that say plenty about Bargs talents and recognized by all the basketball minds league wide, especially considering the long term contract Andrea has just signed?? The fact of the matter is there are hardly any 7 footers in the league that can do what Andrea can, minus Dirk. The league has become a guard dominated league and to have a 7 footer who can run the floor, shoot the 3s at a decent percentage and to be able to take his man off the dribble... that kind of talent hardly comes by. It took Dirk years before he became the player that he is now and guess what, he's terrible defensively. Dirk has managed to put up double double stats yearly is because he's been paired with a decent, defensive centre to work with (DAmpier). Andrea has never had that kind of partner. CB was an offensive PF/C who was above average defensively.

In conclusion, BC's reluctance to trade Bargs has less to do about his pride and arrogance but more about his recognition of the talent that he has and the knowledge not to be low balled and wait for the right trade to come along.

Comment

• Forge wrote: View Post
                            The one thing BC has always been consistent throughout his tenure with the Raps is that he's never been shy about fixing his mistakes and will be the first to correct those mistakes immediately: TJ Ford, Jermaine O'Neal, Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Bellinelli (a player whom he strongly coveted)....

If it is true that BC often gets plenty of trade offers for Bargs, doesn't that say plenty about Bargs talents and recognized by all the basketball minds league wide, especially considering the long term contract Andrea has just signed?? The fact of the matter is there are hardly any 7 footers in the league that can do what Andrea can, minus Dirk. The league has become a guard dominated league and to have a 7 footer who can run the floor, shoot the 3s at a decent percentage and to be able to take his man off the dribble... that kind of talent hardly comes by. It took Dirk years before he became the player that he is now and guess what, he's terrible defensively. Dirk has managed to put up double double stats yearly is because he's been paired with a decent, defensive centre to work with (DAmpier). Andrea has never had that kind of partner. CB was an offensive PF/C who was above average defensively.

In conclusion, BC's reluctance to trade Bargs has less to do about his pride and arrogance but more about his recognition of the talent that he has and the knowledge not to be low balled and wait for the right trade to come along.
                            +1

Especially considering he is a BYC player and his salary would only count for $4.25M in any trade.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Nice to see that Chuck still wears this rose coloured glasses.

Source - Click here
                              swisk railled against guys who used toronto to vault their careers into stardom and then bolted.... and then he did the very same thing.

he's a scrawny little pencil-neck and I fart in his general direction.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Yi Jianlian was the last trade offer I ever heard leak involving Bargnani. That was years ago. Colangelo doesn't like to show his cards.
                                Andris Biedrins was a good offer - if he could stay healthy it would be a huge trade for Toronto. Defense would be much better.
                                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                                X