No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd take Gallo. Their styles of play are similar - they're both SFs. It's just that Gallo won't be as exposed defensively as Bargnani. And it's easier to hide defensive deficiencies at the 3 than at the 5.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
      I think your intelligence is overrated.
      you want to backup your arguement? And although I admit that it may be a symptom of the system Gallo plays.... He's horrid on defense - so I'm not sure what player you're watching...
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

• Now is that something nice to say, let me rephrase, was it necessary to make such a blunt statement? definitely no. That said, he could've said with the type of players ahead of him at the forward and centre position he will have to show a much bigger improvement; dont forget the east is stacked now, KG, LBJ, Amare, CB, Boozer, Noah, Howard, Horford just to name some.

On the validity of the statement I dont think Shaq is far off from the truth, Andrea has got a long ways to go before he can be considered in the All Star mix talk.

Comment

• My problem with AB is he is a terrible decision maker and disappears for long stretches. He's a terrible rebounder, doesn't battle in the post, floats offensively and is really just a jump shooter who still doesn't set-up in a proper, ready, 3 point threat position consistently despite being in the NBA 4 going on 5 years.

I truly believe he gets 6-7 rebounds and a block or two just because he's 7 foot and there isn't anyone else to grab them. He's an awful help defender and his post D was on display for about 20 games last year and one (against a busted ass, has barely played in 2 years) game this preseason. Bust? No. Franchise player? No. Starter on a good to great team? No. Sweet shooting mismatch off the bench? Yes.
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Multipaul how does it look up Anrdrea's ASS??!? why do you have such a hard on for him??? We're not haters, we're just telling it like it is. When you look at the facts what does Bargs have to show?! nothin absolutely nothin
            Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• 1) The NBA left Vancouver because the suits that ran it never had any intention of keeping it there and drove the fans away by running the franchise into the ground.

2) It ain't hate, it's a large group of long suffering fans honest opinion. This whining by the AB fans about hate is just a childish reaction to people knocking their heroes. You don't like what we're saying come with some well thought out arguments to the contrary. Show us what it is you see. Bring a few stats. But if all you bring is the hater comments then you ain't bringing shit. Like Andrea in the post.

You know why he generates so much discussion? Because his fans can't get over how great he is/may be and have absolutely nothing to base it on. I don't even "hate" Bargs, but I do hate much of his fan base and the incredible shit they come up with.

3) Shaq talks a lot of isht but he's a legend with 4 rings and one of the top 5-10 NBA players of all time. He plays in the post at both ends and is 1000 times the baller AB will ever be.

4) I am a life long Toronto Raptors fan. Doesn't mean I will just blindly wave the flag and big up every guy who puts on the Jersey. The team will be here (in TO and in my heart) much longer than Bargnani so fuck him.
              Last edited by minks77; Fri Oct 15, 2010, 06:58 PM.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                This isn't about being negative. But as a fan of this team, I don't want to be pissed on and then have the GM and the coach tell me it's raining. In no particular order I've been told by the Raptors organization that one of the best players they ever had wasn't a leader, only provided 24 points and 10 rebounds (and made it sound like it could be easily replaced by the likes of Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems); that Andrea Bargnani, a man that's never averaged 18 points in a season when he wasn't the focal point of the best defensive player on the other team, can average 25 points; that Jose Calderon, who's moving around like Fred Sanford with those hamstrings can be a starting point guard; and that it's a GOOD thing not to have a top 20 player and perrenial all star on the team because 'now we don't have to cater to him' (really? So all those team with GOOD players were doing it with smoke and mirrors?)

It's one thing to have optomism, but I don't want to have blind optomism where I trying to talk myself into Andrea Bargnani being an allstar or saying things like "Man, it's great we have Jarrett Jack to take the last shot". This isn't a good team. And I'm fine with that, rebuilding is something teams have to do, but just call it what it is and I'll be fine. Don't say dumb things and make a fool out of your fanbase. I've seen enough of Bargnani to know that he's not going to be Dirk. Or even Andrew Bogut.
                Well said.

Comment

• its alot easier to hide gallos defensive flaws and i think hes going to be a premium SF in this league sooner then later soon danilo all the way

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Good piece courtesy of of one of our ESPN TrueHoop peers Zach Harper. Compares Bargnani's situation much same way Bogut's was when he came into the NBA.

Thoughts?

Source - Click here
                    Come on man, there is a BIG difference between the two, one of them actually cares to play.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      You guys are too much, you post this crap with the intent to turn it into another Bargs hating forum. All you Raptors/Bargs haters should go post on the Miami Heat board. Tim W is the site admin there so he can hook u up with free logins
                      Someone's getting a tad sensitive after his hero has stumbled out of the block.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        I think the debate should begin again. Bargs shut down Elton Brand when we played the 76ers and say what you want about Brand, but he is a pretty good if slow power forward. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bargs can guard power forwards and it's a fallacy to think he can't. That pick and roll stat is especially interesting since a lot of power forwards like to be the roll guy and it's one I have never heard before. Some guys would burn him obviously, Aldridge for example, but think how much our defense would improve if we didn't have to rely on Bargs as our primary help defender.
                        Yes, the debate should begin again after "holding" an old and slow looking Elton Brand to about twice the percentage that Bargnani shot in the same game.

And this notion that the center has to be the primary help defender is absolutely ludicrous. Where do people come up with these things? The primary help defender is the guy who is closest to the ball, whoever that may be. A lot of times it's been Bargnani because he's known as a poor help defender, so he's put in that position by the opposing offense.

Instead of trying to figure out which wheel to put the flat tire on that would least affect driving, why not simply get another tire that will be able to hold it's own weight, so to speak. That would be the most logical thing to do.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          YOU ARE A SMELLY PIRATE HOOKER

sorry... had to
                          hey you you look like a blueberry!!!

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Dude thank you for making that comment. I can't stand it that every thread, even an "appreciation" thread, gets subverted by all the haters. I'm with you, keep a positive outlook. We have an exciting young team, lets get it going !
                            Where was your so-called positivity about Bosh when he was still with the team? Mmm?

And there's a big difference between being positive and being delusional. I've constantly talked about how bright the future is for the Raptors, how I like what they did in the offseason (besides losing Bosh), how I'm looking forward to seeing the young players develop. I've also defended Calderon, drafting DeRozan and Triano's competence as a head coach. But I'm also going to be realistic and call it like I see it. If I see something I don't like I'm going to say it. If you disagree and I don't feel your argument is valid, I'm going to tell you.

I'm especially passionate about my opinion about Bargnani, because I've never seen anything that has changed my mind about him. He's pretty much exactly what I projected him to be when he was drafted. A little better post defender, but not as good at creating his own shot. He's a liability on the boards and on the defensive end, and you simply can't win consistently with a big man like that playing big minutes. I've followed and and played the game longer than a lot of people around here have been alive, and if there's one thing I've learned it's what you need to win. A guy like Bargnani is entertaining, but he's not going to win.

As a fan of the Raptors, I'm going to praise them when I see something good, but I'm not going to shoot rainbows out my ass when I see something wrong. Sorry.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• GALO!!!! Everything Bargs can do, he can do better... lalalal.

Anyone else hear that tune before?

Comment

• Tim
                                The Center is generally the man closest to the basket on D and is therefore the guy who acts as the last line of defense since he can usually step over to stop a blowbye. He can also get up and challenge more shots because he is usually the biggest guy on the floor, hence why you hear centers referred to a rim protectors. It does not always happen that way, in Atlanta for example Josh Smith uses his insane athleticism to step over and challenge, but it is usually the way of things. That's why I said our defense would improve with Bargs guarding the power forward, or finesse big if you prefer. It would allow a more competent rim protector to take over as that last line of defense without giving up what Bargs gives on offense.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X