Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Details About Lorenzen Wright's Last Day (Post #19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Details About Lorenzen Wright's Last Day (Post #19)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The sister of Lorenzen Wright says the former NBA player has been missing for nearly a week.

Savia Archie tells WREG.com in Memphis that Wright was last seen Sunday when he was expected to fly out of the city. The family has filed a missing persons report with police, who tell the website they don't suspect foul play.
    Source: ESPN.com

here's a news bulletin on it.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-loren-...,6101949.story

that's not good.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

FAST FACTS:

* Lorenzen Wright missing for a week
      * Mother calling on community to help
      * Family suspecfts foul play, police do not
      Source: WREG.com

Comment

what does she mean by foul play though?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          what does she mean by foul play though?
          Usually means murder.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Usually means murder.
            oh, geez. he definitely wasn't a happy camper.

A former top 10 NBA draft pick has gone missing, according to a report Friday.

Lorenzen Wright was reported missing to police in Collierville, Tenn., on Thursday, according to The Commercial Appeal website. A spokesman for the town, located about 20 miles east of Memphis, said the family told police they haven't seen the 6-foot-11 Wright since Sunday. The spokesman also said the police do not suspect foul play.

Wright, who was drafted seventh overall in the 1996 draft by the Los Angeles Clippers, played 13 seasons in the NBA. His last season was in 2008-09 with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Wright, who played collegiately at Memphis, averaged 8.0 points and 6.4 rebounds as a pro.

His transition from being out of the league didn't appear to be smooth. His house was foreclosed in May, according to The Commercial Appeal, and purchased by Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis the same month.
            that's a big kick in the pants. I hope he didn't get into any drugs or anything.

Comment

Body of missing Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright found

Police investigating 911 hangup call from Wright's cellphone Monday

* By Kristina Goetz, Beth Warren
              * Memphis Commercial Appeal
              * Posted July 28, 2010 at 3:23 p.m., updated July 28, 2010 at 4:34 p.m.

Law enforcement officials have found the body of missing Memphis basketball star Lorenzen Wright in a wooded area at Hacks Cross and Winchester in southeast Memphis.

A law enforcement source confirmed the body was that of Wright, who has been missing since July 19, though the Memphis Police Department won't officially comment. Police are referring to their investigation as a "death investigation."

At the Collierville home of Wright’s ex-wife, Sherra Robinson Wright, white bed sheets covered the windows. A man pulled aside the sheets to answer the doorbell and raised his finger to ask for a moment. Then at 4:15 p.m., sounds of wails and crying rose from inside the house. The man did not return to the door.
              cont

http://bit.ly/cgIg7F
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

R.I.P. a true tragedy I can't recall a tragedy the same as this since Len Bias. that is a bummer, wonder what he had gotten himself into?

Comment

I wonder what it was, armed robbery gone bad or a drug deal gone bad.

Comment

He was having financial troubles... This sounds like foul play to me. What a horrible, sad story.

Comment

More details

The dispatcher heard a garbled male voice utter an expletive, then at least 10 gunshots.

"Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" the dispatcher asked.

Then the phone went dead.

The dispatcher called back. No one answered.
                      Source: The Commercial Appeal

Comment

R.I.P Lorenzen Wright. Only 34.

Comment

The dispatcher heard a garbled male voice utter an expletive, then at least 10 gunshots.

"Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?" the dispatcher asked.

Then the phone went dead.

The dispatcher called back. No one answered
                          Doesn't sound like suicide to me but rather dealing with shady characters.

Comment

yaq, and his last tweet was "WHY" to some mary 123 or something account.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X