Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan One Of The Favorites For Most Improved Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar DeRozan One Of The Favorites For Most Improved Player?

DeMar DeRozan — With the Raptors trying to compensate for Chris Bosh’s absence, DeRozan could average 15 or more points a night in his second year. He was one of the most impressive players in the Vegas Summer League, and should contend for the NBA’s Most Improved Player award.
    Source: DimeMag.com

I have sonny weems and Demar on my list for MIP. but, only the season will tell. geez, i'm so bored there is not even a tidbit of raptors rumours or nba for that matter besides some quiet free agent signings.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nowhere to go but up for Derozan, who will probably be a second option after being probably the last option on offence out of the starting 5 last season. I don't think he'll win it, but I'm sure someone will give him some votes (as I do expect him to have a better season than last).

Comment

15 + ppg seems about right

He has got to do a lot better job of making his free throws than he did in the LVSL.

He still has to keep improving his defense. He has the size, strength, quickness and hands to become a very good defender. Hopefully we will see some noticeably positive improvement from him in this area in 10-11.

He needs to be looking at game film and breaking it down on his own, not just with the coaches.

Bye the bye. I am looking for a really good year by Bill Walker and he could very well be in the running for MIP. A great talent, better upside than his running mate at Kansas St, Beasley in my opinion. Walker spends a lot of time watching and breaking down game film. I think that only thing that can stop him from becoming a really good player are more serious injuries over the next few seasons.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i think joey graham also lit up the summer league at one point. nuff said.

Comment

i think derozen is going to be one of those players that blows up in thier 3rd or 4th year. this year, i'd just like to see him attack the bucket every time he touches the ball. as a rookie he could get by just about everyone, but as was mentioned, the last option.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Beasely for MIP and Kahn for executive of the year, okay maybe just Beasely. Derozan has a pretty ridiculous draft class to compete for MIP. His best chance is that he had arguably the worst year other than Thabeet of anyone in top the 10. Jrue Holiday is also a serious contender, but the MIP has historically gone to guys who go from good to great, not bad to good.

Comment

all the "top" rookies last year were thrust into starting roles with lots of responsibility, though. in derozens case, he went to toronto where 95% of the offence revolved around getting bosh the ball in the high post and standing around while he head faked for 15 seconds then took a long jumper. every player suffered statistically, except maybe jack. i think if any raptor is going to get MIP its going to be bargs. there were nights he looked like he could have gone for 50+ but stopped getting the ball. look for him to put up bosh numbers this season.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My choice for MIP in 10-11 is Stephan Curry. I think he will up his scoring and assist numbers to about 23-25 and 8-9 and GS will win at least 35 games. If he gets those numbers and GS gets 40 or more wins he will probably be a lock in my opinion.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

the question should be which team will Demar play for during the All-star weekend?

Sophomore or East All-Stars?
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      the question should be which team will Demar play for during the All-star weekend?

If he plays in the Rookie-Sophomore game he might go up against Easy Ed.

I think it would be an outside that DeMar makes the all-star team but then the EC is not exactly loaded with top ranked shooting guards, so it is possible.

Comment

i'm going to go out on a limb and say DD doesn't make the allstar game
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

I don't believe he has a chance next season to make the all star team. If anything he should be gunning for the sophomore squad, that should be a challenge.

Unless Tyreke, and Jennings/Curry are selected for the all star game.

Comment

players are supposed to improve from their rookie season going into their sophmore season..

MIP shouldn't go to somebody who does what he's supposed to do.. thats just awarding mediocrity

That would make the MIP award the purple participation ribbon of the NBA

and we all know that the purple ribbon is already that retarded media friendly award bosh won last season

if he went from rookie to allstar, thats a different story... and a different reality

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              players are supposed to improve from their rookie season going into their sophmore season..

MIP shouldn't go to somebody who does what he's supposed to do.. thats just awarding mediocrity

That would make the MIP award the purple participation ribbon of the NBA

and we all know that the purple ribbon is already that retarded media friendly award bosh won last season

if he went from rookie to allstar, thats a different story... and a different reality
                              Rookie or not, all players are expected to improve from year to year (at least within the first 5 years of their careers). The award goes to the most improved player, so I don't see how arguing that sophomores shouldn't be considered is anything other than a load of shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X