No announcement yet.

Goodbye Collison - 4-Team Trade In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy Murphy is an excellent player. What makes you think Houston doesn't want to keep him? And the Hornets landed Ariza in the deal by the way. He isn't going to be jobless for a LONG time.

Comment

do you know how many of you have freakin posted basically the same thread. quit being stupid and pay attention to what you're doing before you go lanbasting other people.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Raptor Cowboy wrote: View Post
        D. Collison traded for essentially an expiring contract...
        how is trevor ariza an expiring contract ?

he has FOUR years left on it ?

Comment

I hope a lot of you that flamed the people who chatted about the possibility of the Raptors grabbing Collison realize how absolutely silly you look now. In particular, Vinnie Paz.

Maybe next time, you'll let people discuss their trade scenarios without having to feel as if they're going to be lambasted. ESPECIALLY when it was clearly a very reasonable and realistic situation.
          yes ok raptor cowboy, it's reasonable for the hornets to trade collison b/c he plays pg and they already have cp3...

but is it reasonable for them to say ok let's trade collison for ANOTHER PG who is worse than collison and costs a lot more.

they traded dc for ariza... a player who is NOT A PG, and doesnt make $30 million in the next 3 years...
          Last edited by vinnie_paz; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            What is NO going to do if Paul gets hurt? They have no backup.
            wondering this too ...

Comment

Perhaps NO and TOR are talking for a potential expiring Peja for Calderon + Evans. lol

Comment

I hope a lot of you that flamed the people who chatted about the possibility of the Raptors grabbing Collison realize how absolutely silly you look now. In particular, Vinnie Paz.

Maybe next time, you'll let people discuss their trade scenarios without having to feel as if they're going to be lambasted. ESPECIALLY when it was clearly a very reasonable and realistic situation.

On a raptors-analysis note: this sucks. Not only does this take Collison off the table, but now Indy has their point guard... so no Danny Granger
                Um, did you read the trade? Larry Bird traded away Troy Murphy and got back Darren Collison and James Posey. However New Orleans got Trevor Ariza, a versatile forward with championship experience. Not exactly the Reggie Evans + crap people were proposing on the trade forums.

Here's a comment I made that I'll repost. For some reason people think Darren Collison is the next Chris Paul or something:

Bird gave up a very rebounding stretch PF with an expiring contract for James Posey’s $13M contract and Darren Collison. Seeing as how he’s spent the last 3 years acquiring expiring contracts for the 2011-2012 season, this is a gamble.

If Collison repeats his half-a-season performance for 82 games, then Larry Bird made the right move. But let’s keep in mind that, on this Pacers team, the only thing Collison has to work with offensively is Danny Granger. This is a stark contrast to David West, Emeka Okafor, Marcus Thornton, and Peja as a spot up shooter. And on defense, Collison no longer has the benefit of Okafor’s help defense, but instead has to rely on a developing Roy Hibbert who is yet to stamp his defensive presence on the league.

Comment

I agree. Okafor makes life easier for everyone on his team while defending. Collison is going to have a reality check. It will be interesting to see if he sinks or swims.

Comment

Working...
                  X