No announcement yet.

Another Reason Why Superstars Won't Play Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its about the team you play on not about the city . look at brandon jennigs he gets so much publicity why? because he made the bucks relevant
    ya dun noe

Comment

man, bosh would be on the cover of nba 10 if toronto had of made it to the eastern conference championship.

the only reason he's on all those things is because he's all excited because he's never had this exposure before and he's cheap, d wade and lebron.

wait, n/m.

What the Hell do you think there is to do in Celeveland!!!!!!!!1

cleveland is a shit hole and lebron got the most exposure in the smallest market.

nuff said.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

the only reason superstars won't play here is

1) Toronto has drafted poorly and missed out on a lot of great players.

2) we don't go out nad try to bring in superstar's through trades or sign them as fa's. How many fa stars have we missed out on the past few seasons through free agency?

3) we had one of the best duo's in the league, but, we traded away half of it and we never replaced that half.

4)The team has never actually commited to winning.

fi we had of held onto vince carter or gotten a potential all-star in return in that trade we wouldn't have been in the situation we've been in the last few years.

we managed to pass on the likes of dwayne wade,danny granger, brandon roy, in the draft.

on the plus side though it's good we didn't have the 2nd overall pick or we might have drafted darko.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Raptor4Ever: I completely agree, Bosh is once again kicking the Raptors and T.O when were down...This hardcore douchebag cannot keep his stinking mouth shut. IF this isnt yet another reason why this doucebag should be booed by every Raptor fan than what will it take? As Colangelo works his ass off to retool this franchise, he has to continually deal with the fallout from the ultimate douchebag. I only wish now that Colangelo puts a bounty on the ultimate douchebag's head when Miami comes to town.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            You either don't get it or pretend to not get it. A Star in the league goes and says that the endorsement that he is getting now versus his time in Toronto is like Day and Night.

This is not an endorsement for Raptors and just adds to all the talks about NBA and US companies not caring about Raptors and ...

I am sure you are smarter than your post suggested and actually get the implications and the image it paints in the NBA about the Raptors and ...
            Oh I think "I get it". You must not follow most other (non sports) news to realize that Bosh saying "the differences in attention were like night & day" occurs in just about every other news event occurring in Canada or even internationally which does/not have a US angle. Its a fact and its not earth shattering as both you and Bosh seem to want to raise it to. When Bosh does a Mercedes or Rolex ad. let me know.

My point was: Not every good basketball player (and that is all Bosh is) crave the same need for attention or doing media as Bosh. You seem to be promoting the opposite which is not the reality and fundamentally defeatism. Time to pack it up? Or should we join the USA?

We have a league system, a different country, a not very good team and some players who for their reasons cannot be bothered to play for the Raptors. The only item we have control over as an organization is to have a good team. We are not lacking money and there will always be good to star players who WILL come for the money if nothing else (and I am biased enough to believe we have much else to offer even if Bosh doesnt think so...but he also did I thought ...when he was here!).

I didnt get what it was you were proposing we should change to allow those like Bosh get his Milk ads while playing in Toronto. Neither did you address why a Durant or a Roy seem to be perfectly content (having just signed large extensions) to be playing in the smoking metropolises of Oklahoma City or Portland.
            Last edited by Bendit; Thu Aug 12, 2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              the only reason superstars won't play here is

1) Toronto has drafted poorly and missed out on a lot of great players.

2) we don't go out nad try to bring in superstar's through trades or sign them as fa's. How many fa stars have we missed out on the past few seasons through free agency?

3) we had one of the best duo's in the league, but, we traded away half of it and we never replaced that half.

4)The team has never actually commited to winning.

5) fi we had of held onto vince carter or gotten a potential all-star in return in that trade we wouldn't have been in the situation we've been in the last few years.

6) we managed to pass on the likes of dwayne wade,danny granger, brandon roy, in the draft.

on the plus side though it's good we didn't have the 2nd overall pick or we might have drafted darko.
              I disagree almost everywhere....

1) We havnt been that bad in the last 5 years if you look at our draft positions. We just got Ed Davis, Demar Derozen and Bargnani. 2007 we didnt have a pick, and 2008 we drafted Hibbert, but made the mistake of trading him. Not that bad, you could say Roy would've been the better pick, but then no ones pointing the finger at Atlanta for taking Shelden Williams, or Charlotte for taking Morrison... even Portland chose Tyrus Thomas over Roy. It happens all the time in drafts, its no excuse, but it's easy to say someone made a bad pick 5 years later.

2) So you are saying Superstars wont play here b/c we don't sign superstars? Kind of a tough position to be in if you ask me....

3) We did a sign and trade b/c it was out our only choice. T-mac was ready to be a star, and it wasn't going to be in Toronto.

4) I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. You might have to be more specific, because that is a pretty broad statment.

5) This might be the only part I agree with. We got hosed in that deal, and I'm not sure why.

6) You could say that about anybody. Chicago recently has passed on... Westbrook, Love, Brook Lopez, Rudy Fernandez, Aaron Brooks, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Devin Harris, Igoudala, Josh Smith, Jameer Nelson and Amare Stoudemire

Comment

Balls of Steel: Great avatar...fucking hilarious, the two sides of Rupaul! I remember when that douche reporter (Lloyd Carroll of the Queens Chronicle in Queens, N.Y in case anyone wants to send him an email letting him know what a douche is his like I did) asked Ed that ridiculous question...Jack Armstrong called him a moron on live t.v, gotta love Jackie! Is there anything more annoying than the American media making ignorant statements about living in Canada when they don't have a clue?

Comment

Eric Koreen

In wake of Bosh and Turkoglu comments, DeRozan called Toronto a top-5 city among players in the league. 21 minutes ago via web
                  http://twitter.com/ekoreen
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                  X