X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Still Trying To Land Jose?

Aldridge: Bobcats were in the mix to trade for Calderon today
    by David A. Arnott on Aug 11, 2010 5:52 PM EDT 5 comments

NBA.com's David Aldridge reports that the Bobcats were in the heat of negotiations that would have involved them in today's four-way trade between the Nets, Raptors, Pacers, and Rockets, but things fell apart and they were left out.

A league source says the Charlotte Bobcats wanted to get involved as well, using the non-guaranteed contract of center Erick Dampier to try and get a point guard. Under one scenario, Dampier would have gone to Indiana, the team that originally drafted him in 1996, with T.J. Ford going to Toronto and the Raptors sending guard Jose Calderon to Charlotte. (The Raptors had agreed to send Calderon to the Bobcats earlier this summer in a deal that would have sent center Tyson Chandler to Toronto, but the deal was scotched at the last minute by Charlotte owner Michael Jordan.)

But in the end the four existing teams decided to move ahead with the trade. They all had their reasons...
    Looks like there is still interest in Calderon.

link: http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1
    Last edited by BC Boy; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 07:02 PM.

It'd be a sad day in Raptorland if BC took back TJ for Jose... and he'd have to be kicked out the door for starting a carousel. Maybe he'd go after Charlie V and J Killa as well, we do need some 3 point shooting afterall!

Oh well, I'm glad it didn't go down like that.

Comment

ugh. i'd want to stay far far away from the possibility of another trade getting jordaned

Comment

Guys, you can't believe everything you read. No way in hell they'd move Jose for TJ. They've been there, done that.

Comment

Indy is trying to buy out Ford. He was such a cancer that they're willing to trade him for dental floss. I feel for Calderon because he is taking such a beating from some fans, media and his current team. I know that he's hurting inside. However, it is a business and he should simply take this as motivation. We got something for Belli. That leaves us 3-deep with him, Jack and Banks. Please do not hint at Bosa being a PG, he's a SG.

With Calderon presumably running the second unit, along with Bosa or even Weems, JC is simply made for the half-court offence. I'm not saying that the Raps will be in run and gun mode all the time but JC simply is out of place it seems.
          Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Aug 12, 2010, 11:23 AM.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Gut Feeling;

Jose Calderon
            Reggie Evans

for

N.Mohhamed
            Boris Diaw
            1st round pick(2011)

or

Tayshaun Prince
            Jason Maxiell
            1st Round Pick(2011)

for

Jose Calderon
            Reggie Evans
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Charlotte is dreaming, I think if BC was looking for a salary dump he would have been able to trade Jose a long time ago. That is clearly not his intention, we still have a chance with Detroit maybe involving a 3rd team for a centre if they give up Prince. I also think that Memphis maybe a possibility Thabeet and Coloney for Jose.

Comment

Charlotte has nothing we would want.

Gerald Wallace doesn't want to play in Toronto.
                Stephen Jackson would impede DeRozan's development.
                Boris Diaw doesn't fit on a team looking to develop its young guys.

The rest of the roster is utter crap. The only young players they have worth getting are Augustine and Henderson, and even that is bleh. I personally think Jose is worth more than Erick Dampier's non-guaranteed contract. Sorry Bobcats, you missed the boat.

Comment

Screw the Bobcats, they nixed the deal for Jose a month ago and now they are offering even less for him?! if that was the case I hope Colangelo told Jordan where to shove it.

Comment

I wonder if Jordan was just covering for Chandler because Chandler didn't want to come here.

But, still he could have told him to suck it up.

any deal with charlotte is pretty much done unless they get someone decent on there roster. they have diaw,jackson,wallace, and that's it and they would give up only diaw and well he'd be better than wright with weems and kleiza playing at the 3.

someone would not be getting good minutes.

unless we get like a first round pick and charlotte gets another team involved where we get someone significant that fits here. no trade jose.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Is it possible that Calderon be traded to Detroit for Rip Hamilton. Rip then starts at 2 and Weems comes off the bench. DeMar starts at SF with Kleiza from the bench. That leaves us with:

PG - Jack, Bosa, Banks
                      SG - Hamilton, Weems
                      SF - DeMar, Kleiza, Wright
                      PF - Johnson, Davis, Evans, Dorsey*
                      Center - Bargs, Andersen, Alabi*, Dorsey*

*might not stick

Sorry if I'm missing anyone. Hamilton is a veteran influence that could calm the troops down. He could be a valuable addition.
                      Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 08:34 PM.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

No Hamiliton please. I am not comfortable with Barbosa getting a ton of minutes at the point. Despite the beating jose has taken he's still my boy, and i think that he'll make a comeback this season (don't call this a comeback i've been here for years!) I think the raps could do a lot worse than jose and jack splitting minutes at the point.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

If nothing happens, then Calderon and Jack form the 2-headed PG monster.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Jose Calderon
                            Reggie Evans

for

N.Mohhamed
                            Boris Diaw
                            1st round pick(2011)

or

Tayshaun Prince
                            Jason Maxiell
                            1st Round Pick(2011)

for

Jose Calderon
                            Reggie Evans

I hope the detroit trade works out that would bring us 2 high level draft picks but we have to make sure its unprotected

Comment

DD is not a SF, Hamilton would impede DD's development. Prince would be a better fit with Weems coming off the bench.

Plus he's got the defensive capabilities the raptors need alongside Ed Davis to develop him.

Comment

Working...
                              X