No announcement yet.

Charlotte Still Trying To Land Jose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I dislike Jose's contract, it seems to me this team needs a few spot-up shooters on its roster. I doubt Jose's value will get considerably worse if the Raptors wait, maybe a season or more. In fact, the shorter his deal is, the more likely a team would be willing to take it on. Doubt Jose makes a huge difference in the win column this year but he's also a pro, although maybe a bit wimpy on the court.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Jose Calderon
      Reggie Evans

for

N.Mohhamed
      Boris Diaw
      1st round pick(2011)

or

Tayshaun Prince
      Jason Maxiell
      1st Round Pick(2011)

for

Jose Calderon
      Reggie Evans
      u really expect teams to take the worst contract in the deal, give up the best player, AND give up a FIRST ROUND PICK ??

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        Please do not hint at Bosa being a PG, he's a SG.
        Wrong, He is not a SG since he does not have the size and power to defend them. Read some Articles about Sun and Barbosa and why he was traded.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          If nothing happens, then Calderon and Jack form the 2-headed PG monster.
          Yes, that did work great last year.

Comment

i think we need to address the log jam at pf and trade reggie evans for a back up center.
            ya dun noe

Comment

I like Nazr Mohammed as a backup to Bargnani. I've always thought him to be one of the more underrated big men in the league. Package him with Augustin/Henderson and I'd be pretty satisfied.

Comment

NBA.com's David Aldridge reports that the Bobcats were in the heat of negotiations that would have involved them in today's four-way trade between the Nets, Raptors, Pacers, and Rockets
                I stopped reading right here. Nuff' said.
                "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

[QUOTE=Marz;36007 I personally think Jose is worth more than Erick Dampier's non-guaranteed contract. Sorry Bobcats, you missed the boat.[/QUOTE]

Given the make up of this team and the direction it is going, losing Calderon's contract (not Calderon as a player but his contract) is in the best interest of the Raptors.

Comment

losing both isn't that big of a deal.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

What about a 3-team deal like this:

To Charlotte - Calderon & Evans
                      To Sacramento - Dampier
                      To Toronto - Dalembert

Toronto gets a good defensive/rebounding C to backup and sometimes play with Bargnani, while clearing the glut at PG to just Jack and Barbosa. They roughly break even this season, but save about $10M each of the next 2 seasons.

Charlotte gets a good pass-first PG to run the offense with Wallace and Jackson, essentially giving up nothing to get him, since Dampier is very likely never going to suit up for Charlotte.

Sacramento gets a veteran C who can either be used to mentor Thompson/Whiteside/Cousins or be used as trade bait for a subsequent trade. Dalembert was made expendable when they drafted Cousins & Whiteside, both of whom are big enough to play some minutes at C along with Thompson.

I think it is a trade that makes sense for all 3 teams.
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Aug 12, 2010, 03:19 AM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        What about a 3-team deal like this:

To Charlotte - Calderon & Evans
                        To Sacramento - Dampier
                        To Toronto - Dalembert

Toronto gets a good defensive/rebounding C to backup and sometimes play with Bargnani, while clearing the glut at PG to just Jack and Barbosa. They roughly break even this season, but save about $10M each of the next 2 seasons.

Charlotte gets a good pass-first PG to run the offense with Wallace and Jackson, essentially giving up nothing to get him, since Dampier is very likely never going to suit up for Charlotte.

Sacramento gets a veteran C who can either be used to mentor Thompson/Whiteside/Cousins or be used as trade bait for a subsequent trade. Dalembert was made expendable when they drafted Cousins & Whiteside, both of whom are big enough to play some minutes at C along with Thompson.

I think it is a trade that makes sense for all 3 teams.
                        why would Charlotte want to spend $10 million a year for the next 3 years on jose calderon ?

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Jose Calderon
                          Reggie Evans

for

N.Mohhamed
                          Boris Diaw
                          1st round pick(2011)

or

Tayshaun Prince
                          Jason Maxiell
                          1st Round Pick(2011)

for

Jose Calderon
                          Reggie Evans
                          I prefer getting Diaw and Mohhamed. Both great. I have doubt about the other two...

But why would they trade away Boris? He's so good...

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
                            I hope the detroit trade works out that would bring us 2 high level draft picks but we have to make sure its unprotected
                            the original trade proposal with the Pistons is ridiculous - no way Calderon could command a Prince + Maxiell + 1st rd pick. No way in hell he could command a 1st round pick on its own... and then you come and make a comment about us making sure its unprotected. Seriously, people get a grip. Sick and tired of reading this nonsense!

Comment

The Bobcats and Jose talk is still going this morning too:

The Charlotte Bobcats tried to get in the four-team deal that dropped yesterday looking to extract point guard Jose Calderon from Toronto in a deal that would have sent the non-guaranteed contract of Erick Dampier to the Pacers who would have then sent the ending contract of TJ Ford to Toronto for Calderon.

At the end of the day the Bobcats couldn't get their end of the deal done, and they are again talking with Toronto directly about a deal for Jose.

The Raptors are eager to move Calderon and with Charlotte expressing real interest again, it seems like a good match.

The Bobcats currently have three point guards on the roster – returning reserve guard D.J. Augustin, free agent signee Shaun Livingston and undrafted free agent Sharron Collins.

None of those three inspire a lot of confidence in the Cats quest to get back to the playoffs; however the Bobcats would have quite the logjam at the point guard spot if they acquire Calderon without making a move to lighten their roster.

Bobcats' head coach Larry Brown has never been very high on Augustin and often hinted that he would be traded last season.

With last year's starter Raymond Felton now a New York Knick, Augustin is the only point guard coming into camp that knows the system, so there is a chance he's given an opportunity to win the starting job.

But with Charlotte still talking deals for Calderon, it seems more likely than not that DJ could be on his way out in Charlotte, even though he's the most experienced and proven guard on the roster.
                              Source - Click here

Comment

Jordan can kiss our ass as far as the Raps are concerned. Calderon still has value and Charlotte fucked this one up. Now they have Dampier, who should be waived, 3 deadbeat PGs and very little hope. Besides, they're division rivals. Would BC help them just to get rid of a contract? Vinnie_Paz, you ask why would Charlotte spend 10 mil on Calderon per season? UMMM, THEY DON'T HAVE A LEGIT PG.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X