Proposal: Dampier, Nazr, Augustine To Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._deal_dampier/
    Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says the team will try to trade center Erick Dampier next month.

Charlotte agreed to a one-year deal with Kwame Brown on Monday.
    See what Calderon's health is like, but I have those spidy feelings that these two teams are still thinking trade.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
      Can you trade the Trade Exception for Dampier (straight up)?
      You can, but what's the point in that? If you're just going to waive Dampier, there's no reason to waste our TPE on him. If you want to play Dampier... well paying him that much money + luxury tax probably isn't a good idea.

And if Dampier gets waived, he gets picked up by a contender like Miami.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        so they istantly get 4 mill. in cap space?
        After we waive dampier, yes, we'd get $3.75M in cap space.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          After we waive dampier, yes, we'd get $3.75M in cap space.
          I was discussing this weeks ago.

The financial savings are huge but most important is the flexibility to sign, trade, and facilitate trades.

I hope damper ends up as partofany trade forcalderon.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I was discussing this weeks ago.

The financial savings are huge but most important is the flexibility to sign, trade, and facilitate trades.

I hope damper ends up as partofany trade forcalderon.
            Not all trades involving Dampier result in cap space. Basically in the trade I've outlined above, we trade 2 expirings for immediate cap relief (waiving Dampier), and then Calderon for 2 expirings (+ the 2nd round pick).

The trade could be tweaked in several ways, and given Charlotte's need for a centre, David Anderson or Solomon Alabi may be included in the deal as well.

Comment

Not all trades involving Dampier result in cap space. Basically in the trade I've outlined above, we trade 2 expirings for immediate cap relief (waiving Dampier), and then Calderon for 2 expirings (+ the 2nd round pick).

The trade could be tweaked in several ways, and given Charlotte's need for a centre, David Anderson or Solomon Alabi may be included in the deal as well.
              Unless you are going to keep Dampier and pay him $13M then any trade involving him would result in cap space as all trades must be within 125% + $100k. I would have no problem signing him to a 1 year deal at 3-4M but not $13m.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Unless you are going to keep Dampier and pay him $13M then any trade involving him would result in cap space as all trades must be within 125% + $100k. I would have no problem signing him to a 1 year deal at 3-4M but not $13m.
                When I say cap space, I mean space under the cap. It's true that all trades involving Dampier result in cap relief, but not necessarily cap space (in my definition of the term). Sorry for being unclear.

Comment

When I say cap space, I mean space under the cap. It's true that all trades involving Dampier result in cap relief, but not necessarily cap space (in my definition of the term). Sorry for being unclear.
                  No worries. I see your point now.

Comment

Working...
                  X