ESPN: Jose's the Worst Defensive PG in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Jose's the Worst Defensive PG in the NBA

Hard to argue that. Hollinger who's normally very critical and hard on the Raptors all the time, is pretty accurate with this remark though.

Chris (Toronto): Jose Calderon is terrible, why did you ever think he was good?

Hollinger: Well, he was good. And offensively, he still is. But man is he awful on defense. I'm having trouble believing that hamstring injury last year fully healed. He's probably the worst defensive PG in the league right now
    Source - Click here

Yeah, its about right. Now somebody with the Raptors mailing list please forward this on.

Comment

If Hollinger has even watched a Raptors game this year I'd be shocked!
      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Got to love the word 'probably'. You're not sure of something or are basing your comments on hearsay, just throw in that word and it becomes passable.

There are always the Devin Harris and TJ Ford types that are quick but get exploited due to their size. In terms of lateral quickness, have a look at Steve Nash (small and slow), Jason Williams, Mike Bibby, Gilbert Arenas...Jose's bad, but there are others who are on par with him.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
          If Hollinger has even watched a Raptors game this year I'd be shocked!
          He doesn't need to. His analysis doesn't look beyond a calculator.

Comment

Did he use PER to figure this out or by actually watching him???
            Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Jose is bad, but on a better defensive team it wouldn't matter. Bibby is one of the worst defensive point guards I have ever seen, but his weakness gets hidden by his team.

Jose on the Magic: he would be just fine.

Comment

apollo wrote: View Post
                he doesn't need to. His analysis doesn't look beyond a calculator.
                lol
                http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  He doesn't need to. His analysis doesn't look beyond a calculator.
                  LOL ... I actually laughed out loud for real with that one Apollo. Cheers brutha!!!

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                    Jose is bad, but on a better defensive team it wouldn't matter. Bibby is one of the worst defensive point guards I have ever seen, but his weakness gets hidden by his team.

Jose on the Magic: he would be just fine.
                    maybe the raps wouldn't be such a bad defensive team if they got better D out of their starting PG? but the overall jist of what you're saying is true...of course, that goes back to having stronger defensive players alongside him, meaning they either shuffle the starting lineup (i.e. move jose out of it or one/two of the other starters out of it), or look to make deals. can anyone see either happening?
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Working...
                    X