Sportsnet's New Channel "One" Only Available To Rogers Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I don't think it was the Score's fault. I just think Sportsnet/TSN paid more to have the television rights.
    i doubt they could have outbid cbc if cbc really wanted to show those sunday ones.oh well, maybe they'll show raptors games on court surfing which they should.

freakin idiot rogers is so damn cheap.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      lol people freaking out cause of this?
      i dont have any tv for crying out loud...biggest scam in sports...

www.atdhe.net

usually hi qual...and free

sounded like an add...but i dont care
      you poor, poor man.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Fan miffed Sportsnet channel unavailable

By Kristen Odland, Calgary Herald August 20, 2010

Calgarian Don Glover, a Toronto Blue Jays fan, subscribes to every sports channel on the planet -- except for Sportsnet One.

He's furious his cable provider, Shaw Cable, is not picking up the 24/7 sports channel which launched Aug. 14 -- only on Rogers systems.

"I'm a sports nut," Glover said. "I've done what I can. I've phoned Shaw. If you call in to get service, they say something to the effect that, 'We are considering this potential channel.' It's so offensive. I've e-mailed Sportsnet, I've phoned and e-mailed the Blue Jays, saying, 'Why are you letting the cable companies screw around with your fan base?' "

The Rogers Sportsnet web-site describes the new channel as featuring "more than 800 hours of live sports programming" in digital and high definition, including the Jays, Toronto Raptors and Barclays Premier League soccer.

As of Thursday night, the official flagship television station for Canada's Major League Baseball team had transferred 21 of the remaining Jays games to Sportsnet One. Yet, most Canadians -- and Calgarians like Glover -- don't get the channel.

"It'd be safe to say if our fans aren't happy, that's a concern of ours," said Jays vice-president of communications Jay Stenhouse. "I hope people don't think we don't care about Calgary because yes we do and we have passionate fans across the country."
        cont on link

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...553/story.html
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

fucuk rogers!!

doesn't all the games repeat on that stupid raptors nba tv which is like the crap version of nba tv.which i also don't subscribe to because i think is ridiculous.

too bad my sateellite is down or i could prolly see it on there, i watched a raptors vs. pacers game on an indiana sports station one and the announcers were terrible.

is it just me or are the guys on the candian side who broadcast sound way more enthusiastic then the american ones?

Comment

2010 FIBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to Air Exclusively on TSN2
            Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 11:40 AM
            TSN2

TSN2 and Canada Basketball have reached a comprehensive agreement making TSN2 the exclusive broadcaster for the upcoming 2010 FIBA World Championship. As part of the two-year agreement, TSN2 will also be the exclusive Canadian broadcaster for the 2010 FIBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FOR WOMEN, 2011 FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP and the 2011 FIBA AMERICAS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR WOMEN.

TSN2’s 2010 FIBA World Championship coverage will feature all Team Canada games along with the playoffs and finals. Coverage begins on Saturday, Aug. 28 with Canada vs. Lebanon at 11:30 a.m. ET live from Turkey
            Cont
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
            X