Mike Conley Jr

Memphis Gets:
    Jose Calderon
    Joey Dorsey
    Julian Wright/Reggie Evans
    Miami's First and Second Round Draft Picks
    Cash Considerations
    and Piece of the TPE
    Last edited by lankanzero; Sat Aug 14, 2010, 07:29 PM.

I would do it, but they wouldn't

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
      I would do it, but they wouldn't
      The Memphis Grizzlies have been reportdly out to get Calderon for Thabeet and Mike Conley Jr and adding the draft pick with negotion problems with be an upside plus they can drop reggie evan for a 5M Salary cap relief and i think it would work

Comment

Another Solution

Memphis Gets:
        Jose Calderon
        Joey Dorsey
        Soloman Alabi
        Piece of TPE( Around 4.5 Million or Equal to Xavier Henry's new Contract)
        Miami's First And/Or Second Round Pick
        Cash Considerations

Toronto
        Xavier Henry
        Hasheem Thabeet
        Mike Conley Jr

Real GM Trade ID #5665376

Comment

No offense, but the 6:28 makes absolutely no sense nor does the trade. Conley is already an expiring contract if they don't extend a qualifying offer, Thabeet is one year away from being the 2nd overall pick in the draft not to mention he is 7'3". What salary relief do the Grizz need? They have a payroll of $51M plus Gay's max (approx. $16M) so they are approx. $3M under luxury tax. Next year they have only about $20M guaranteed at this point (Allen and Gay). Are you aware that Henry is a rookie who was drafted at 12? That means his contract is about $2M for the first year - not sure where $4.5M comes from as rookie contracts are on a scale that allows teams to pay 80-120% of the 'recommended' salary. MOst teams do the automatic 120% maximum but Grizz have low-balled Henry with bonuses to get extra coin which is why the stalemate. Finally, where exactly have you heard/read Grizzlies have any interest in Calderon? I follow the Raptors pretty close and, outside of a few ESPN trade machine explorations by people on Raptors Republic, I have not once heard a mainstream news source say the Grizzlies had any interest in Calderon. Again, no offense intended in my reply but this does not make sense whatsoever. Now if you are posting just as an idea or throwing it out there, I apologize, but if it is real, post the source please.

Comment

I made a post about Conley and Thabeet for Calderon, it was just an idea, but I thought it worked for both teams. Either way, I don't think they're that high on either player, but I don't see them giving up the both of them and their 1st round pick for Calderon and salary relief..

Comment

Working...
            X