DeMar Setting The Bar High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marz wrote: View Post
    Fine, then why are people trying to compare T-Mac's 14 year career to DeRozans non-existent 14 year career? You can't compare rookie seasons and extrapolate, it doesn't work like that. Otherwise I can look at your beloved Johnson's rookie season of 3 games played, compare it to Stromile Swift's rookie season and say that he will never reach the career Stromile Swift had. That's just baloney.
    That is an excellent question. I was wondering about that myself.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

DD should stay here for 3 years and play for the Canadian national team
      ya dun noe

Comment

Im gonna add onto this.... DD is gonna end up with a better career than VC as well. Both VC and t-mac have really done nothing team wise. They have always been very selfish players, injury prone, and only play when they want to. DD gives 100% at all time on the court and you can tell that his attitude is one that isnt gonna stand for losing. He is gonna do everything in his power to make this TEAM better. Something Bosh, Vince and T-Mac have never done.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
          Im gonna add onto this.... DD is gonna end up with a better career than VC as well. Both VC and t-mac have really done nothing team wise. They have always been very selfish players, injury prone, and only play when they want to. DD gives 100% at all time on the court and you can tell that his attitude is one that isnt gonna stand for losing. He is gonna do everything in his power to make this TEAM better. Something Bosh, Vince and T-Mac have never done.
          How true, how true.

The Magic advanced further in the playoffs when they had Turk as opposed to VC the very next season.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

A lot of you people need to curb your expectations of DeMar. He's played one rather unimpressive season and you guys are comparing him to career all-stars, and not only comparing but putting him above them. DeMar put up 8 points a game, he wasn't exactly putting up Tyreke/Curry/Jennings numbers last year.

Let's just settle down and be happy that he might become a serviceable starter in this league.

Comment

See the difference is that Jennings, Curry and Evans were pretty much the focal point of the offense and Demar was the very very last option. He has a higher ceiling(Scouts have said) than ANYONE in that draft. With the way this kid works and his confidence there is no reason to believe that he wont be better than VC and T-Mac. Both are guys that got by on athletic ability and not on hard work. Demar has the entire package including a good head on his shoulders.
              Last edited by Selects87; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

The unexplainable man love for Demar is almost Bargnani level.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                  See the difference is that Jennings, Curry and Evans were pretty much the focal point of the offense and Demar was the very very last option.
                  And because DeMar was the very last option, he is still UNPROVEN, and therefore we cannot place him at or above the level of multi-year allstars. Wait and see is always the best approach so you don't eat crow later. Just let the kid play without all these expectations. It's better for him and the fans.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    That's a ridiculous thing to say, first off T-Mac's prime was spent in Orlando where he was arguably THE best player in the league and was surrounded by a bunch of nobodys because all their money was tied up in T-Mac and an injured Grant Hill and their drafting strategy was to always take the cleanest looking white guy available.

As well, barring Derozan making incredible leaps and bounds (knock on wood he does) he will never be on the same level as T-Mac, probably not even close to him, so having more playoff success means nothing. Zan Tabak had more playoff success than Charles Barkley, so what?
                    I don't think it is a ridiculous thing to say.

McGrady was a spectacular athlete who at one time in his career could score as well as anyone in the league at that time. So I hear where you are coming from

Comment

Working...
                    X