Bargs' Defense Not Improved Over The Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    when putting the ball on the floor means youre going to penetrate which means a higher chance of getting the ball in the hoop, therefore, high FG%. He may have the same move everytime, but it seems to be effective, he's averaged almost 17pts a game in 14 attempts, again, close to 50%.
    Putting the ball on the floor doesn't automatically mean higher FG% when you can't finish for ****.

I don't have the statistics to back up this claim but from my observations, his %tage does go down when he puts the ball on the floor (again, I could be wrong). When he drives and there's some opposition, he tries to finesses his finish instead of finishing strong, often missing the shot. His pump fake, one dribble pull up is ALWAYS short. His hook is not very efficient to say the least. His best option is the 3 pointer, which he never creates for himself.

Bargnani is most efficient as a spot up shooter at the 3 point arc.
    Last edited by Krix; Tue Aug 17, 2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
      Putting the ball on the floor doesn't automatically mean higher FG% when you can't finish for ****.

I don't have the statistics to back up this claim but from my observations, his %tage does go down when he puts the ball on the floor (again, I could be wrong). When he drives and there's some opposition, he tries to finesses his finish instead of finishing strong, often missing the shot. His pump fake, one dribble pull up is ALWAYS short. His hook is not very efficient to say the least. His best option is the 3 pointer, which he never creates for himself.

Bargnani is most efficient as a spot up shooter at the 3 point arc.
      well, now that both you and Tim W. has said it, maybe you guys are correct.

Based on people's observations here, maybe we should trade bargnani. dump the kid. maybe package him in a trade for jose.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote :This guy could probably still help the Raptors if he could stay healthy[

He is only 46.

Ah the memories, A real Euro big man, at least get him on the coaching staff to teach AB a thing or 2 about basketball IQ.

Comment

As most people have said, I don't think there's much chance he'll get traded. Just hoping we don't hype him up to be more than what he is. Ideally, I want him to somehow become the next coming of Nowitzki, that way the Raptors wouldn't suck, however I'm not liking the odds.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Against Israel? RFLMAO

Italy is ranked 8th in FIBA
            Israel 25th

One can only imagine how many points Bargs would score in 20 minutes against Liberia or The People's Republic of Congo

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp

Uhm, you should check how fiba rankings work:

(from fiba site)

The ranking is calculated within the scope of a 2 Olympic Games cycle.

Whenever a new championship is played the oldest championship of that category drops out. The FIBA Ranking is then recalculated.

Italy is 8th just because of past glories, pre-Bargs. A lot of players change in a national team withing the scope of a 2 Olympic Games cycle, lot of competitions (euro, worlds) and so on...In a couple of words: fiba rankings are as useless as fifa rankings.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Against Israel? RFLMAO

Italy is ranked 8th in FIBA
              Israel 25th

One can only imagine how many points Bargs would score in 20 minutes against Liberia or The People's Republic of Congo

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/rankMen.asp
              well done buddahfan, you exposed your deep ignorance of international basket in just 4 lines!
              Do you even know who forms the rosters of Italy and Israel? Do you know that that ranking still reflects Italy silver medal at the olympics of 2004? Do you know that there is no player in the current roster that played in that olympics? Do you know that Israel has 6 players playing for major euroleagues teams and one in the NBA while Italy 2 NBA, no players in major European teams and 1 in the italian second league team? Do you even have any idea how hard is to play an official game in Israel?
              Do you actually care about posting any informed comment or is just your unexplainable obsession with Amir pushing you?
              P.s.: Bargnani scored 26 and single handedly beated Israel.

Comment

maman wrote: View Post
                well done buddahfan, you exposed your deep ignorance of international basket in just 4 lines!
                Do you even know who forms the rosters of Italy and Israel? Do you know that that ranking still reflects Italy silver medal at the olympics of 2004? Do you know that there is no player in the current roster that played in that olympics? Do you know that Israel has 6 players playing for major euroleagues teams and one in the NBA while Italy 2 NBA, no players in major European teams and 1 in the italian second league team? Do you even have any idea how hard is to play an official game in Israel?
                Do you actually care about posting any informed comment or is just your unexplainable obsession with Amir pushing you?
                I don't think he's that far off. Israel hasnt had much success internationally. The have two top ten (9th and 7th) finishes in Eurobasket over the last 26 years or so...

While Italy has finished in the top 10 every year for the last 45 years. (Except last year of course).

But I will agree that Italy's team this past couple years is their weakest in quite some time.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                  I don't think he's that far off. Israel hasnt had much success internationally. The have two top ten (9th and 7th) finishes in Eurobasket over the last 26 years or so...

While Italy has finished in the top 10 every year for the last 45 years. (Except last year of course).

But I will agree that Italy's team this past couple years is their weakest in quite some time.
                  Mh according to this line of reasoning the Pistons (3 titles in the last 21 years) should rape the Magic next year. Do you want to take a bet on that?

Comment

maman wrote: View Post
                    Mh according to this line of reasoning the Pistons (3 titles in the last 21 years) should rape the Magic next year. Do you want to take a bet on that?
                    I think it would be more in the line's of 'will the piston's rape the clippers'... and I would be inclined to say 'maybe'.

But comparing NBA teams and matchups to international teams and matchups is pretty irrelevant

Comment

• sixtyeight wrote: View Post
                      Uhm, you should check how fiba rankings work:

(from fiba site)

The ranking is calculated within the scope of a 2 Olympic Games cycle.

Whenever a new championship is played the oldest championship of that category drops out. The FIBA Ranking is then recalculated.

Italy is 8th just because of past glories, pre-Bargs. A lot of players change in a national team withing the scope of a 2 Olympic Games cycle, lot of competitions (euro, worlds) and so on...In a couple of words: fiba rankings are as useless as fifa rankings.
                      So you are saying that Israel has improved their National team? RFLMAO
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
                        I think it would be more in the line's of 'will the piston's rape the clippers'... and I would be inclined to say 'maybe'.

But comparing NBA teams and matchups to international teams and matchups is pretty irrelevant
                        My analogy was just meant to state the obvious: past glory means nothing on present performances.

Comment

• maman wrote: View Post
                          My analogy was just meant to state the obvious: past glory means nothing on present performances.
                          fair enough

Comment

I don't believe that either team is in the upcoming FIBA tournament.

I used the only rankings currently available and provide by FIBA.

If Israel were in the upcoming tournament then I would agree with you but they are not.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...-standing.html
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't believe that either team is in the upcoming FIBA tournament.

I used the only rankings currently available and provided by FIBA.

If Israel were in the upcoming tournament then I would agree with you but they are not.

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...-standing.html

Comment

• http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8jInH7Qj1EsyH5rjn2.gameID_7663-A-11-6.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2011.roundI D_7524.teamID_307.html#{1069DEBF-F6B0-48E8-9680-5C0DE029CF6B}

If plays are ran specificly for Bargs next year i think we can expect success. Those stats look sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X