Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    It would work out for both sides. If the Nugs can get Noah for Carmelo, that would be the best deal they'd get, hands down. Ujiri has to do his due dillegence to try and convince Carmelo to re-up. For the Bulls, they'd get an undeniable talent in Anthony, but they'd be thin in the middle and a glut of guys at the swingman position - Anthony, Korver, Johnson, Deng, Brewer, Gibson.
    Melo is big enough to play PF if need be. He has a great post up game and is big and strong.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Melo is big enough to play PF if need be. He has a great post up game and is big and strong.
      No question, no disputing that. Does that mean you'd start Boozer as an undersized 5?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        would you trade for melo and then flip him to chicago for that package. I know, I would, knowing we are further away from winning it than the bulls and melo prolly not going to resign here, give me, noah, deng, gibson, and johnson.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          No question, no disputing that. Does that mean you'd start Boozer as an undersized 5?
          Is he really that undersized at 260lbs? He has 30lbs on of muscle on Noah.

LBF wrote: View Post
          would you trade for melo and then flip him to chicago for that package. I know, I would, knowing we are further away from winning it than the bulls and melo prolly not going to resign here, give me, noah, deng, gibson, and johnson.

I like Andrea and all but to answer that question, his bags would be already in Denver waiting for him.
          Last edited by Apollo; Thu Sep 9, 2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I think this trade will hurt chicago because of the glut they will have at the wing positions also noah is very important tot hem because he is there presence inside and w/o him they become very small inside
            ya dun noe

Comment

Pros and Cons of the Melo Trade

Hard to relay the info without quoting the entire article, so here's the first paragraph.
              If you live under a rock, allow me to be the one to enlighten you on what every NBA fan has been talking about today. There is a very good chance that Carmelo Anthony is part of a 4-team megatrade that will see him suit up this season as a member of the New Jersey Nets. The other two teams involved are reportedly the Utah Jazz and Charlotte Bobcats. Keep in mind that this trade is not yet confirmed. But let's take a look at the gains and losses each team faces, starting with the Nuggets.
              Source: http://hoopplustheharm.carmellabs.ne...melo-about-it/

DISCUSS! This is huge. Shifts the entire power balance from West to the East.
              Joshua Priemski
              NBA blogger
              SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
              www.RufusOnFire.com/
              www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

If this happens, TO is screwed for the next decade.

Comment

the raptors not getting involved in this is insane, i wold definitely try to get in there.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

"Any time you get a chance to get an All-Star, you have to go for it and that looks like what the Nets are doing," said one Atlantic Division coach who did not want to be identified for commenting about another team. "And you have to give up something to get something. They did and still kept [Brook] Lopez."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/nets/...#ixzz10YmKEHMY
                    you think one of the raptors coahes said that?

Comment

No way. Our staff is proud of our young talent. We just lost Bosh. I don't anticipate any all-star talk around the Raptors for a few years.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/
                      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

If they do pull this off. you got to tip your hat to NJ, over the years they have developed a knack of trading for disgruntled stars belonging to other teams.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          If they do pull this off. you got to tip your hat to NJ, over the years they have developed a knack of trading for disgruntled stars belonging to other teams.

meaning they could trade for monta ellis, melo, chris paul, gil arenas?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            meaning they could trade for monta ellis, melo, chris paul, gil arenas?
                            Only if they got the right pieces and they want these player, but lets not forget Jason Kidd situation in Pheonix and how NJ got him.

Comment

"I'm not Chris Bosh." Carmelo Anthony

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...7jGjn0hRb0B90H

"I'm not Chris Bosh," Anthony declared. "We're not the same person. What I do will be straight up. Management knows that."

Looks like the perception of this star player is Bosh was less than straightforward with the Raptors. It is the first time I've heard anyone say this who was not associated with Toronto.

Comment

Bosh traded a few uncomfortable months in Toronto by telling the truth for a career of uncomfortable appearances in Toronto by lying and being an ass. Melo would be wise not to take the same path. It's a selfish, senseless path.

Comment

Working...
                                X