Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    You're speaking as a spectator. You or I have no idea what was said behind closed doors. Colangelo isn't a dimwit, the guy has two executive of the year awards, has been a GM in the league for over a decade and has made many block buster trades. I can rhyme out reasons why Bosh should have been moved before the deadline all night long now in hindsight but it's not going to get us anywhere and on top of the we don't have a clue because we're not privy to any REAL information, just rumors, hearsay and speculation.
    i dont need to be an insider to know that bosh's contract was about to end.

i dont need to be an insider to know that in the summer of 2010, almost every team in the league was going to make an offer for bosh ?

i dont need to be an insider to know that bosh wanted media attention (primarily US / ESPN media attention)

i dont need to be an insider to know that bosh is not worth max money.

i dont need to be an insider to know that bosh is not a franchise player.

i dont need to be an insider to know that even if bosh swore on his mom's grave to BC that he would re-sign with toronto. unless he puts his signature on the extension, im not going to risk the entire franchise's future based on chris bosh's word, or anything chris bosh has promised.

Comment

No, but you could try not putting me in a box based on a couple posts you read out of over 5,200.

For the record. You had my attention, then you lost it. I can't go back in time and not reply.
      whaaaaatt ?

dont get what you're talking about here... putting you in a box ? dude, what box ?

Comment

• The figurative "pro BC" box.

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
        the only thing i remember is the multiple threads created by you in the last few days all pro-BC...

Comment

Right. So knowing if Bosh directly said to Colangelo "I want to re-sign with the Raptors" would have no impact on anything...
          BUT WHY WOULD YOU BELIEVE HIM ?? and more importantly, why would you risk the future of the franchise on anything bosh said or did ? unless he signs...

you have to be a pretty shitty GM if the player tells you they will re-sign, and you DONT SAY... OK HERE IS THE CONTRACT ... need a pen ?

and for the record, bosh NEVER said he will re-sign... just like LBJ didnt, and even wade never committed to any team.

Comment

The figurative "pro BC" box.
            can you list just a few brief things that you are critical of ?

Comment

• I think the Knicks gave up way too much. Felton was having a career year (although I don't like him very much), Gallinari was very good, Chandler was very good, Mozgov had just started to be good.

Comment

• Chandler was good, but probably would have bolted at the end of the year. Gallinari is solid, but nowhere in Melo's league. Felton was having a fantastic season, but the Knicks got a good PG to lead them in Billups. Sure he's not the same guy as the Detroit days, but he can still bring it in the playoffs. Mozgov was just that - a project. In the end, New York got the man they wanted and paid a price, but I don't think it'll be one that bites them in the butt. They got a star in his prime.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Chandler was good, but probably would have bolted at the end of the year. Gallinari is solid, but nowhere in Melo's league. Felton was having a fantastic season, but the Knicks got a good PG to lead them in Billups. Sure he's not the same guy as the Detroit days, but he can still bring it in the playoffs. Mozgov was just that - a project. In the end, New York got the man they wanted and paid a price, but I don't think it'll be one that bites them in the butt. They got a star in his prime.
                  Yeah, but offense won't win you championships, and I really don't see Amare and Melo working well together. Sure they'll win maybe even 50 games or more, just like the Suns, but a championship? What makes the combo of Melo and Amare better than the Boston and Miami trio? They aren't even as good as Chicago, and they have no more flexibility. They have no PG for the future, no center or shooting guard...

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, but offense won't win you championships, and I really don't see Amare and Melo working well together. Sure they'll win maybe even 50 games or more, just like the Suns, but a championship? What makes the combo of Melo and Amare better than the Boston and Miami trio? They aren't even as good as Chicago, and they have no more flexibility. They have no PG for the future, no center or shooting guard...
                    So Felton was their PG of the future? A guy who was considered a stopgap until after next season? Is Mozgov that big of a loss? As for a shooting guard, they have Fields, who has been playing great so far this season. They also have Corey Brewer. In 2-3 years when KG is gone, Allen is gone, the C's are not gonna look as hot.
                    People asked the same questions regarding Lebron, Wade and Bosh - if they could work together and it did. I can't see this union not working out.

Comment

Yeah. Neither Melo or Amare are good defenders. They might beat a few teams in the playoffs with scoring punch but defensively weak teams always get exposed. We all know that first hand. LOL

D'Antoni isn't a champion level coach unless he suddenly figures out how to get players to play defense effectively.

Comment

So Felton was their PG of the future? A guy who was considered a stopgap until after next season? Is Mozgov that big of a loss? As for a shooting guard, they have Fields, who has been playing great so far this season. They also have Corey Brewer. In 2-3 years when KG is gone, Allen is gone, the C's are not gonna look as hot.
                        People asked the same questions regarding Lebron, Wade and Bosh - if they could work together and it did. I can't see this union not working out.
                        No, but he was signed for 2 years and was in his prime, and after his two years were done, the Knicks were 'planning' on getting CP3, which is now impossible. And Mozgov is actually a really good rebounder, and post player and was just recently becoming more confident. I still think the Knicks were better before the trade.

Comment

No, but he was signed for 2 years and was in his prime, and after his two years were done, the Knicks were 'planning' on getting CP3, which is now impossible. And Mozgov is actually a really good rebounder, and post player and was just recently becoming more confident. I still think the Knicks were better before the trade.
                          How is them getting CP3 impossible? We won't know that until after the dust clears on the new CBA. Would it be tough for them to get him? Yes. Impossible? No.

The Knicks have a way of finding talent through the draft, so I think they'll be okay in terms of getting a new 5 (if they don't move Amar'e there anyways). But I don't think the Knicks could live with themselves if the reason why they didn't pull the trigger on Carmelo Anthony was Timofey Mozgov.

Comment

How is them getting CP3 impossible? We won't know that until after the dust clears on the new CBA. Would it be tough for them to get him? Yes. Impossible? No.

The Knicks have a way of finding talent through the draft, so I think they'll be okay in terms of getting a new 5 (if they don't move Amar'e there anyways). But I don't think the Knicks could live with themselves if the reason why they didn't pull the trigger on Carmelo Anthony was Timofey Mozgov.
                            They don't have the cap space to sign Paul...

And they traded away most of their picks, unless you are talking about in like a few years time, when Melo and Amare will be nearing their 30s...

Comment

They don't have the cap space to sign Paul...

And they traded away most of their picks, unless you are talking about in like a few years time, when Melo and Amare will be nearing their 30s...
                              New York's payroll will be a bit over 45 million for next season, so unless it's a hard cap set at 50 million (which I don't think it'll be), there will be money to pay for Paul - and Paul's a FA the season after next, not after this one.

Comment

New York's payroll will be a bit over 45 million for next season, so unless it's a hard cap set at 50 million (which I don't think it'll be), there will be money to pay for Paul - and Paul's a FA the season after next, not after this one.
                                Are you sure it's that low? Melo's salary is at least $15M, Amare's is $20M, is Billups an expiring? Plus, Paul will probably want a max contract, or near max. And the Knicks would have to end up just having 3 good players, and the rest scrubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X