No announcement yet.

Hear The People's Cry - TRADE BARGNANI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of the trading Bargnani argument I came up with a trade..

To New York: Bargs, Evans, Banks

To Toronto: Gallinari,Curry,Chandler/Walker/Azibuke

Comment

I've been living overseas for a while dude so I see the how TO is viewed outside of Canada, the problem is there is not enough credible people saying how great the team and city really are. Just idiots like Turk saying we suck basically. Again, there are some decent FA's next year but just like the Nets couldn't attract players due to their lack of talent, how will we be able to. This is why I think a trade is a great solution. Get them here, show them how great the organization and city are then they will want to stay (hopefully).

That NYC trade is decent, I like Gallinari and Chandler and getting that horrible contract off the books next year sounds good too.

Comment

I can see Nelson loving Bargnani, not sure about Calderon. I like Ellis as a scorer, but the guy hasn't shown that he can function as part of a good team. Still, there's no denying 25ppg so I doubt they'd be willing to do a Calderon-Ellis swap because they'd feel Ellis is worth more on the market. Also not sure about GSW willing to pay Calderon $9M as a backup. If Jose made $5M a year, he'd be one of the best deal in the NBA. In conclusion, Nelson would have to be in love with Bargnani to pull this.

Comment

Jurassic Raptor wrote: View Post
          People talk about DD and Weems like they are a future D Wade and Lebron duo. Stunt their growth? Ellis is an all-star who averaged over 5apg from the SG spot last year, that doesn't scream ball hog to me. He is just 24 so he can grow with our young core. As i've said, Bargs is a good player, no doubt. He just doesn't offer any toughness for a team that really needs it. If we didn't have Johnson and Davis at PF i'd love to see him play and flourish at that position, but it's not gonna happen here. Bierdrins is also young, 24, and gives us a rebounding, shot blocking big to erase the mistakes our other guys will make on the wing. In terms of moving Jose, i'd be just as happy with Jack moving on but the contracts are the issue. I like our young core, I just think Bargs is not on the right team to succeed. Ellis would be a great return for him and make us a legit chance for the 8th seed. Getting a 24 year old all star who can give you 25, 5 and 5 sounds great to me!
          Um, yes he would stunt their growth. DD and Weems are the future. We need to develop them or they will be wasted. Ellis is clearly a ball-hog. Watch the game for god sake! He shoots and shoots and drives then shoots again. His assists aren't from his great "vision" and all. And he got his 5 assists in over 40 minutes of play. I remember him playing 48 minutes for huge stretches, when you play that much at the PG/SG you are bound to get ATLEAST 5 assists.
          As for Amir and Ed being in the way. Why don't we trade Amir instead of Bargs, Bargs is alot more valuable. We can wait for Christmas, inflate Amir's stats, then trade him for a center. Maybe Amir + Calderon for Turiaf + Gallinari or something...

Comment

I've been living overseas for a while dude so I see the how TO is viewed outside of Canada, the problem is there is not enough credible people saying how great the team and city really are. Just idiots like Turk saying we suck basically. Again, there are some decent FA's next year but just like the Nets couldn't attract players due to their lack of talent, how will we be able to. This is why I think a trade is a great solution. Get them here, show them how great the organization and city are then they will want to stay (hopefully).

That NYC trade is decent, I like Gallinari and Chandler and getting that horrible contract off the books next year sounds good too.
            Money my friend, money. Players will follow the money, if we free cap space (Getting Dampier, losing Evans and Calderon for expiring contracts etc..) then we CAN get FAs to come.

Yeah, the trade is decent. I still don't think we should trade Bargs.

Comment

So many points to rebutt...

"Watch the game for god sake"? I do watch it pal, and that's why I know that Amir + Calderon for Turiaf + Gallinari won't work because Turiaf and Gallinari play on different teams. Oh, and we can just inflate stats now eh? Awesome.

I never said he had great "vision". No more to be said about that.

"Develop them or they will be wasted"? What, is that like use it or lose it? They would still get plenty of minutes, Kleiza would be the one playing less if we brought in Ellis. DD and Weems have great potential so there is no way they sit a lot this year, no matter what we do in a trade.

"Money my friend, money." The Cavs and Raps offered a TON of money to Lebron and Bosh and came up empty. The Nets, Knicks, Clippers and others had plenty of money to throw around to land big names and none of them did much (Stoudemire is nice but he's all they got). Unfortunately, these crazy NBA'ers are less concerned about the extra mill or two we can throw at them, many of them actually wanna win. Our track record for free agents isn't great, how many big time players have left TO saying good things? Not many. We aren't the only ones, players don't seem to want to go anywhere that winning seems impossible, Minnesota and Washington come to mind too.

Comment

By watching the game, I meant for Ellis. If you think that his 5 assists prove that he is not a ballhog. If you EVER watched a GSW game, you would know. He takes the ball up, and shoots. Literally.

Well about the rest, I can't be bothered to reply, LOL. Let's just be friends HAHA. Anyways, even-though I don't really like your idea, we are all Raps fans and we all actually want the best for the team. I don't like the trade, others might like it you like it. And it's okay

Comment

So many points to rebutt...

"Watch the game for god sake"? I do watch it pal, and that's why I know that Amir + Calderon for Turiaf + Gallinari won't work because Turiaf and Gallinari play on different teams.
                  Gallinari and Turiaf are both on the Knicks, or was he traded. Turiaf would've been a good addition for us.

Comment

GSW:

PG - Calderon
                    SG - Curry
                    SF - Wright
                    PF - Bargnani
                    C - Lee
                    Why would GSW look at this and think it looks good? A maybe starting point guard who might be as good as Jack and a 7' tall guy who doesn't rebound and shoots the three at a staggering .372 that makes him the 90th best 3 pt shooter in the NBA. Unless GSW plans to come to Toronto and ask fans what they should do, you'd have to drug them to get them to take this.

Sure are a lot of bench riding role players that are "the future of the Raptors" .... this year is a write off ...

Oh, and I want to go on record as saying that Bargnani's numbers will decline this year. Bosh was the only player that needed any defensive attention last year and he's gone ... yes, Bargnani will get the ball more ... so, you figure he'll be dazzling the defenders with his moves or his .372 3-pointer?

Comment

LOL Gallinari wouldn't get traded for Amir and Calderon.... thats a big joke

Comment

Working...
                      X