Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do The Raptors Still Have The Draft Rights To Georgios Printezis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do The Raptors Still Have The Draft Rights To Georgios Printezis?

Nice to see that he can palm a basketball

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CB8Q9QEwBQ

Greece (They are in Group C) routs Canada in basketball exhibition

ATHENS, Greece - Canada's preparations for the FIBA world basketball championship took a big hit Tuesday after the men's team lost 123-49 in an exhibition game against Greece.

"It was a tough game against a very strong Greece team, after a long day of travel," Canadian head coach Leo Rautins said.

The Canadians, who just arrived in Europe after playing three exhibitions games in Toronto and Vancouver, was held to just six first-quarter points and made just one of 15 field-goal attempts in the opening 10 minutes.ada sh just 25.9 per cent from the floor for the game.

Greece built a 58-20 halftime lead and didn't take its foot off the gas pedal in the second half. Greece finished the game shooting 80.5 per cent in two-point field goal attempts and 72.2 per cent from beyond the arc.

Eight different Greek players hit at least one three-pointer. Canada only hit six long-range shots as a team.

Sofoklis Schortsanitis led Greece with 24 points, hitting 11 of the 12 field goals he attempted. Kostas Vasileiadis had 14 and Georgios Printezis, whose rights are held by the Toronto Raptors, was one of four Greek players to score 12.

Jevohn Shepherd was perfect in four attempts from the free throw line and led Canada with 12 points. Denham Brown was the only other player to crack double digits, scoring 12 points.

Canada was without Andy Rautins, one of its best pure shooters.

Canada faces Serbia in another pre-tournament game tonight
    http://dailygleaner.canadaeast.com/s...rticle/1180565

He is considered one of the top players for UNICAJA MALAGA basketball team in Spain. I don't know if that means he's good or not.

UNICAJA MALAGA basketball team

From his stats it appears he has no jump shot; i..e 27% on threes in Europe is pretty bad.

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?C...eam=138&Page=3
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Aug 18, 2010, 09:18 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I have no idea, but Shortsanitis is a beast. They show his games all the time on Eurosport... But he can't rebound, but he's fierce, like Pekovic. They were the most feared big men in Europe, they can score and score. But both are huge and strong AND CAN'T REBOUND. HAHA. Incredible. But Sofo had huge weight problems and he fought it and lost weight and gained muscle and became a great player again, happy for him.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I have no idea, but Shortsanitis is a beast. They show his games all the time on Eurosport... But he can't rebound, but he's fierce, like Pekovic. They were the most feared big men in Europe, they can score and score. But both are huge and strong AND CAN'T REBOUND. HAHA. Incredible. But Sofo had huge weight problems and he fought it and lost weight and gained muscle and became a great player again, happy for him.
      What does Sofoklis Schortsanitis have to do with with the Raptors? As far as I know the Clippers looked at him in the summer league but never signed him. Are the Raptors going to be inviting him to training camp?
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

No, lol. He was just mentioned in that paragraph. I have no idea who Printezis is, which is strange because I follow the Euroleague, he is not one of the most prolific players. Not like De Colo or Pekovic. But if we do, it would be awesome, he can defend pretty well, he's like Shaq. Can score like Shaq, but can't rebound like Shaq.

Comment

No, lol. He was just mentioned in that paragraph. I have no idea who Printezis is, which is strange because I follow the Euroleague, he is not one of the most prolific players. Not like De Colo or Pekovic. But if we do, it would be awesome, he can defend pretty well, he's like Shaq. Can score like Shaq, but can't rebound like Shaq.
          So tell me then. Why is the Israel National team considered by some to be so good that scoring 26 points against them is something to brag about? I know a lot about Israel. They do hi-tech better than any country in the world. It is true. However, outside of Casspi they have never sent a player to the NBA.

Comment

In Europe it's not about stars and all. As kids, you are brought up to learn, no matter how large or small, to pass ball-handle and mainly help as a team. Europe is a very pass first league, and teams really stick to play and all. It is very organized. Many of the best European teams have no NBA players, Italy has Bargs Belinelli Gallinari (I know only Bargs is playing) but still aren't that good. But a team like Spain can play incredibly without the likes of Gasol and other NBA players.
            Israel are pretty good, and it's not really about the team, but scoring 26 points in Europe is very good. It's not something to brag about (this is from the other thread right?) but it's good, it's like having a good game in the NBA.
            I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I lived in Europe as a child, played basketball here, and that's how they teach us.

Comment

In Europe it's not about stars and all. As kids, you are brought up to learn, no matter how large or small, to pass ball-handle and mainly help as a team. Europe is a very pass first league, and teams really stick to play and all. It is very organized. Many of the best European teams have no NBA players, Italy has Bargs Belinelli Gallinari (I know only Bargs is playing) but still aren't that good. But a team like Spain can play incredibly without the likes of Gasol and other NBA players.
              Israel are pretty good, and it's not really about the team, but scoring 26 points in Europe is very good. It's not something to brag about (this is from the other thread right?) but it's good, it's like having a good game in the NBA.
              I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I lived in Europe as a child, played basketball here, and that's how they teach us.
              I hear ya.

That is why I have thought from the beginning that the Kleiza signing was a very good signing for the Raptors despite his weaknesses as a player. I will be very surprised if Kleiza doesn't put up some very good numbers in more than just a handful of games in 10-11. I can definitely see him leading the Raptors in double doubles in 10-11 unless either Johnson or Davis wind up averaging over 30 mpg.

Comment

I have no idea, but Shortsanitis is a beast.
                Sofo = fatter nathan jawii
                "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

looks like he's going to be the sexyama of basketball.hahaha
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                    Sofo = fatter nathan jawii
                    It is going to be very interesting to see if Cousins becomes the next Oliver Miller of the NBA

I wouldn't bet against it at this time, but then I wouldn't bet for it either

Comment

According to Wiki, Printezis has an NBA escape clause in his contract after the upcoming season, meaning he could potentially join the Raptors for 2011-2012. No idea if he's even on BC's radar anymore, but it looks like next year will be the year, if he comes at all.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the team who drafts a player always maintains his NBA rights unless they trade it or relinquish it.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 18, 2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: sure

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I'm pretty the team who drafts a player always maintains his NBA rights unless they trade it or relinquish it.
                          Say what?

Comment

"I'm pretty sure the team." It was a typo. Sorry.

Comment

Italy has Bargs Belinelli Gallinari (I know only Bargs is playing) .
                              Wait what now?

Comment

Working...
                              X