Toronto at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto at Memphis

After the amazing game last Wednesday, I was excited to see the Raps perform against a sub 500 team. I figured, if we can win against Cleveland, Memphis would be a walk in the park. Well, it's the last 2 min. of the game and the Raptors are down by 5. I have switched the channel to the celtics game and cringe at the score...but that's another story.

I don't know what it is....I honestly thought that this is a different team. I know I'm basing this on one game but it is like a recurring nightmare of last season. We obviously have them beat on paper, and yet we are struggling against this memphis team. It could be the drive inside seeing as they were demolished by Detroit on their last game.

The Raptors lacked intensity this game.....no defense, sloppy offense and alot of turn overs (sounds familiar??). They start to settle for jumpshots and no movement on the offense. Couldn't they figure out that when they start to take it in the paint they took an 8 point lead? There was alot of talk about Bargnani turning the corner...well, It doesn't seem like it. He's being man handled by Gasol and Bosh seems like he was scared of guarding Randolph.

I started yelling at my TV especially when refs did their "questionable" calls once again. But, I figured that we played through it against Cleveland and won.....why is this any different?

Memphis played good basketball tonight; however, I'll chalk this one up on the "games the Raptors should have won" column.

I'll use Cleveland's excuse....."They need time to gel"

In One Word: Disappointing

I cringed when Jack Armstrong said something about this team needing time to gel in the dieing minutes of the game. Not because that is a completely false statement (clearly, it isn't), but because saying it after the fact was just an excuse. And there is no excuse for the lack of heart we showed on defence today.

Hopefully we do to Orlando this Sunday what Memphis did to us today.

Comment

Memphis, no Allen Iverson. I wasn't even expecting much of a fight WITH A.I. but we got our asses handed to us without him. Now I know good teams have their ups and downs but this is very dissapointing. The W or L only depends on the quality of play. Our quality of play last night? Very Poor. Z Bo once said he was better then Bosh, hell I might believe him now. Bosh stepped up and drove in crazily, throwing the ball 5 feet in the air to draw the foul but there was no intensity on D. I think thats what we need, Intensity. Reggie can't come in and provide the whole team with a spark every single game, we need to make every individual player realise their role. Anyways, look forward to the next game.
      Onions baby, onions.

Comment

Yes, Reggie would have been great against Randolph. We gotta instill fear in the paint early on to help deter offensive rebounds and point in the paint. If he would have broken his foot in this game, I wouldn't have mided as it is a game that counts. Bosh may have gained weight during the off season, but his defense is still the same. Offensively, He improved....much stronger and he is getting contacts.

Bargnani still has that bad after taste of inconsistency. He did have a string of 3 pointers that put us up by 3 from being down by 6, But that is the extent of his performance.

Turkoglu plays like he is still in Orlando. He take shots thinking that there will be a big guy rebounding in the middle (Dwight Howard). I didn't think he realizes that our big men are as soft as Charmin bathroom tissue.
        Only player that played to my expectation is our rookie Demar Derozen.

I'm gonna give them 8 more games to see if they atleast are at .500; and if they are not, it would be a tough season for us.

Comment

Working...
        X