Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is Amir Not Here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-PowerForwards

I think he should at least have been mentioned as the 6th man.

they left out amir, gooden, and alot of other guys they prolly only focused on the top 5.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

He will be in a couple of years, lets hope!
      http://www.youtube.com/only1nabil

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

I would much rather have him be able to stay on the court for 30 plus minutes a game then care what ESPN thinks and writes about him, or for that matter any writers in the LSM write about him.

Johnson's motto for 10-11 should be

"30 plus mpg or bust"

My guess is 25 mpg in 10-11

We shall see.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I think amir will be a 30min guy next season, pending a really big signing before the season starts.

Comment

I think amir will be a 30min guy next season, pending a really big signing before the season starts.
            Only if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Maybe I have followed his career for too long and just haven't seen him reducing his foul rate over that time.

Basically if he wants to play 30 mpg he will need to

limit his Q1 foul to one
            limit his Half time fouls to two

and still be at least somewhat effective on defense in the process.

If the can do that which I am not too optimistic that he can then he will be able to average 30 + mpg. If he keeps getting two fouls in the first quarter and three or more by Half time there is no way he will average over 25 mpg even if that.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Because of what? To the league he's just some kid who hit the jackpot. What about Tyrus Thomas for example? Better volume stats, taken much higher in the draft and finished last season very strong.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Because of what? To the league he's just some kid who hit the jackpot. What about Tyrus Thomas for example? Better volume stats, taken much higher in the draft and finished last season very strong.
                Absolutely

Besides as Raptors fans we don't want any LSM hype of him at this point. He is going to have enough pressure on him to earn those big bucks. The Raptors not getting too much if any? Network TV coverage in the USA other than some NBA/TV should also help keep the pressure down.

In fact this lower pressure level should help all the young guys.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  Only if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Maybe I have followed his career for too long and just haven't seen him reducing his foul rate over that time.

Basically if he wants to play 30 mpg he will need to

limit his Q1 foul to one
                  limit his Half time fouls to two

and still be at least somewhat effective on defense in the process.

If the can do that which I am not too optimistic that he can then he will be able to average 30 + mpg. If he keeps getting two fouls in the first quarter and three or more by Half time there is no way he will average over 25 mpg even if that.
                  We also have to consider, that as a perennial bench player, his coaches have always asked him to come out and provide energy. If he held back, his coaches would yank him because he was not playing his role of energy guy. It was a 'Catch 22' for him...
                  Either hold back, stay out of foul trouble, and get yanked for not giving that spark; or do as the coach says--play hard, give the team the hustle plays they need (rebounding, blocks, picks, physical D) and get into foul trouble as a result.

Comment

NoFrillz wrote: View Post
                    We also have to consider, that as a perennial bench player, his coaches have always asked him to come out and provide energy. If he held back, his coaches would yank him because he was not playing his role of energy guy. It was a 'Catch 22' for him...
                    Either hold back, stay out of foul trouble, and get yanked for not giving that spark; or do as the coach says--play hard, give the team the hustle plays they need (rebounding, blocks, picks, physical D) and get into foul trouble as a result.
                    The guy has come off of the bench for under 200 games in the is his career along with 29 starts and has just turned 23. I would not consider that perennial bench player, though that is what he in fact may become.

In Ben Wallace's first three season in the NBA he only started 3 more games than Amir has started.

I would hate to think where the Pistons would have been over the last decade if they thought like you do.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wallabe01.html

Johnson has earned a chance to start. If it works great, if not it won't take long to see that. It is worth the minimal risk to the Raptors.

I would much rather give him the chance to see what he can do as a starter than Davis. At least at this point. Why? Because we have already seen that when Amir is on the court he is more often than not a positive force. We an only hope that about Davis, but he is a rookie with limited college experience. There will be steep learning curve for him.

Its not like if he is given the chance and flops that Davis will never get the chance.

Some say, why not start Davis and handle him like the Raptors did DeMar last season. The reason is that there was not way that Wright was ever going to be in the long term plans of the Raptors. Whereas Amir will be, so give him first crack at it and make it his to lose.
                    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Aug 19, 2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

amir wont start!!
                      http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
                        amir wont start!!
                        You could be correct.

All one can ask that he be given the chance that he has earned.

Davis ain't earned squat.

We shall see.

Comment

Why is Amir Not Here?

Because he is here
                          @DeMar_DeRozan West LA!!.. coach English out here! we gettin it in #pause..come get you a big man workout!! 9 minutes ago via web in reply to DeMar_DeRozan
                          http://twitter.com/IamAmirJohnson

Comment

Working...
                          X