Xavier Henry Acquistion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier Henry Acquistion?

I read up that Memphis is possibly looking to trade Xavier Henry because of a contract stalemate. He's a #12 overall pick and would be a great addition to the Raptors with his basketball iq, shooting range, and defensive capabilities and he's only 19. What do you all think would be a reasonable trade offer to land such a player?

If he can play SF, I think he would be a great acquisition because his game would totally compliment DeRozan. I don't know what Memphis would want, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

No news so far from the Raptors LSM, inside bloggers or team management that the Raptors are interested.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I like Henry, he is ready to play in the NBA and a dead eye shooter. The raps could send Jose plus the Heat's pick for Henry and Thabeet in the case they don't want to pay Thabeet 11.5 million over the next two to play in the D league.. Or maybe Jack for Henry straight up if they don't want to pay Jose 30 mil over the next 3.

Comment

He's a small 3.

Comment

Thank you for the responses to my question.

@Tim: I agree with you 100% that he would compliment Derozan's game. Either one can play SF or SG depending on the opponent. Isn't Memphis one of the teams that are looking for a PG as well?

@Buddahfan: Sorry, but what does LSM stand for? League Source Media/Magazine?

@mo-sales: My thoughts exactly! I was thinking of including Jose or Jack plus Heat's pick, Evans + Anderson and part of TPE for Henry and Thabeet or Gasol. Would be a steal if we can grab Conley off them as well. I know wishful thinking.

Comment

@Buddahfan: Doesn't mean they're not, though. You already know how BC is, he likes to keep it close to the vest. And this is actually a topic that I opened up on PSD. I would trade Calderon and some loot for that to go down, as Calderon would have a great pairing in Gasol...OR...Keep Calderon and give them Banks and some loot. The Grizzlies are being assholes with their money, so that probably would work in our favor, as they'd want money, no? I really want him here. Dude has a 7 foot wingspan and could play SG, while we slide either one of DeRozan or Weems to SF. He'd compliment the youth movement we're runnin' wit'. Dude said he likes the city and the organization, as well. We would have all these great players with crazy upside and an exciting team to watch. Not to mention, better perimeter defense.
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I would love to see this happen, but I dont see Memphis making a deal with Toronto unless they got back something of equal value in return. They would be looking for either DeRozan, Ed Davis, a future 1st rounder etc. I like this guy also, but not if it means altering the core of young players Toronto is trying to build around.

Comment

I can't imagine what Memphis could possibly want from our roster apart from our young guys or one of Jack/Jose. But if BC manages to pull something off I wouldn't be surprised either. A simple 3 team trade (perhaps involving Charlotte) could work, so never say never.

Comment

Same here! Would this be possible to trade Jose, Barbosa, Evans/Anderson, Heat's first rounder and some TPE for Henry and Thabeet/Gasol? I don't know if the salaries would match but it looks to me that Memphis are being tight with their money. Also, isn't it true that Randolph, Gasol and Mayo are free agents next year? So I'm assuming that is the reason why the negotiations with Henry's contract isn't moving forward. What are your thoughts?

Comment

31 posts on this thread below. Maybe we can merge them together

================================================== ===
                      Mon Jul 26th, 2010 10:40 AM #1
                      LeeZ

Default Xavier Henry, Anyone?

The Grizz are nickling and diming Xavier, making him jump through hoops to get a contract worth what almost all other rookies comparably get virtually automatically. And Memphis wonders why no one wants to play for them. Anyway, the guy is a quality kid, good defender, more than capable offensively, and can play the 2 or 3. I say we go after him! Thoughts?
                      http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Henry
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Michael Heisley ( Grizzlies' owner) told media that they are not planning to trade him.
                        http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17117

Even if they were looking to trade him, I'm pretty sure there are other teams that can offer Grizzlies more than what Raptors will.

Comment

Hmmm...

"lsm"??

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
                            Michael Heisley ( Grizzlies' owner) told media that they are not planning to trade him.
                            http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17117

Even if they were looking to trade him, I'm pretty sure there are other teams that can offer Grizzlies more than what Raptors will.
                            Michael Heisley also said he didn't want to move the Grizzlies from Vancouver. The man has a history of lying.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He would be an interesting acquisition but the Grizz may want something substantial in return. I would love for BC to pull this off. He's listed at 6' 6" and 220. Although beefy, he may not be able to defend larger 3's in the league. He could be a deadly 2 and perhaps moving DeMar to the 3. Anyway, I'm sure there's interest on our part but it's just being kept quietly. Why nickel and diming this decent player? Well, it's because they just paid a shitload of cash to Gay. Perhaps they're really hurting money-wise. That means, it won't make sense for them to take on Calderon's contract. JC is getting kicked around like a sack of potato...
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X