Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Sonny Weems & DeMar DeRozan Out To The Pavilion

Hi everyone,

I was the guy that got Sonny and Demar to come out to the pavilion in thornhill on wednesday and all i have to say was it was such a treat to play with them.... a buddy and i were talking saturday about our predictions for the season and we ended up talking about how nice these "young gunz" seem to be on tv.... bcuz tehy sem so nice, i was like im just going to msg them on twitter and ask them to come out and play basketball with us because there are really good runs at this gym every single day..... sonny got back to me in like 5 mins asking for more info on playing and told me to pick a day and time and him and demar would come out and play...i checked with my freind who worked at the gym to make sure there wouldnt be any problems with having them come and word spread soooo fast

it was such an amazing experience playing with NBA players (altho i did not get to touch the ball much, probably for the better because it was way more nerve wracking then i thought it would be even tho it was supposed to be for fun) and its crazy to see how easily they could get up in the air....

i got a friend to take a few vids of it.... this one was by far my fav and is one of THE NASTIEST moves ive ever seen put on someone.... sonny with some and1 shenanigans.... take a look!!!

awesome job man! situations like this makes us more excited about the future having these two on the team.

Comment

I think that this video is better than the other one.

Good for you DvdBonan

and people knock Twitter.

What do they know
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Thanks for the up DvdBonan!

Sonny's a bully! LOL. A move that's priceless created by Hot Sauce. Very possible to pull off in a game, did it a few years ago myself. Sonny made it look nice with his explosive fake, great body control and finish with a smooth jumper. Very impressive for a player that's 6'5"-6'6". Keep up the hard work Sonny & Demar! Definitely the off season training is paying off, another 10lbs of lean muscle mass will take it to another level. Look forward to seeing the YGZ running it in '10-'11.

Comment

Dvd..wassup its Nabil from Pavil - good job man love the vid! check out mine too.
          http://www.youtube.com/only1nabil

Comment

They seemed to be genuinely having fun and must have been a blast for the others on the floor actually balling (??) with nba players. Such spontaneous events do more for spreading good vibes about the team than most other team arranged heavily planned shows. Good on you for setting it up.

Comment

The YGZ@ (I'll defer to Arse on this this one) are bringing in a lot of new posters to RaptorsRepublic.

Soon enough YGZ@ fans here will out number Bargnani fans, if they don't already

But to top Calderon fans they may have to hope for a trade , at least for now.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Good job Dvd, kudos to Sonny and Demar for accepting the invite and actually showing up to a non publicized event. Says alot about them and there attachment to the city they play in, they couldve gotten a pick up game across the street where they live, but they flew in individually to make the run.

Comment

great job on the vid bro, amazing job getting them to come out haha deff thumbs up and that move was nasty totally emberassed if he did that to me haha

Comment

o mi goodness, he just owned that kid
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I couldnt believe sonny responded so fast.... take a look at these two vids as well... there are just highlights within the video... the one block party has HUGE blocks by weems and derozan.... the other one just has a crazy dunk by weems rite near the end... take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rxg3-UJoIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCce...eature=channel

Comment

Much better than that other dunk vid..

Comment

Working...
                        X