Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking The WORST NBA Cities - Toronto: 4th Worst?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    More stupid Americans - like the guy who asked Ed Davis at the draft how he was looking forward to keeping his receipts since he is now playing in Canada.

Every generation Americans get dumber and more medicated.
    Did someone really ask him this question?

Must have been a Revenue Agent or one his/her relatives

The Honourable Keith Ashfield Minister of National Revenue
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Must have been a Revenue Agent or one his/her relatives

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
      Yeah I remember at Davis' intro press conference this yahoo asking a 2 minute question about taxes and receipts. I felt dumber afterwards just listening to the guy talk. I mean, Ed Davis' dad was an NBA player. I expect he is getting excellent financial advice and that dumbass reporter was talking to him like a glorified guidance counsellor. It was another example of media groupthink and ignorance. I think Ed Davis comes into the league much more well prepared (mentally) than many NBA rookies.

I would put T.O. in the top 10 NBA markets ahead of Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta (no fan support), Portland, Indiana, Milwaukee, Minnestoa, OKC, Utah as well as the other markets on the list. The bottom line is that with the exception of the Leafs, Toronto fans only support a winner. If the Raps were putting out a competitive product, fan support would be similar to the Jays from 85 -93.

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
        Yeah I remember at Davis' intro press conference this yahoo asking a 2 minute question about taxes and receipts. I felt dumber afterwards just listening to the guy talk. I mean, Ed Davis' dad was an NBA player. I expect he is getting excellent financial advice and that dumbass reporter was talking to him like a glorified guidance counsellor. It was another example of media groupthink and ignorance. I think Ed Davis comes into the league much more well prepared (mentally) than many NBA rookies.

I would put T.O. in the top 10 NBA markets ahead of Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta (no fan support), Portland, Indiana, Milwaukee, Minnestoa, OKC, Utah as well as the other markets on the list. The bottom line is that with the exception of the Leafs, Toronto fans only support a winner. If the Raps were putting out a competitive product, fan support would be similar to the Jays from 85 -93.
        Davis has excellent pedigree.

I hope that he is able to obtain a college degree from North Carolina though it would probably take years.

However, he should do it. Joe Dumars after his playing days were done when he became an executive with Pistons went on to obtain his MBA. I don't think he has more free time as VP GM with the Pistons than the players do. So there is no reason other than having no interest that Davis shouldn't get his degree, especially since he should be more than smart enough to get it.

City, State Country ranking articles for any purpose are stupid because they are entirely subjective even though they include numbers like cost of housing, crime rate etc.

Phoenix AZ now has one of the highest kidnapping rates in America. It is still an attractive city to most who live there.

These rankings are just dumb

Newsweek just ranked Finland as the most desirable county in the world to live in.

I find it interesting that Newsweek does not even have an office in Finland

If Finland is such a great place to live how come they have only about 5.5 million people living there?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bargnan01.html
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Aug 21, 2010, 10:34 AM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I agree about Ed pursuing his degree. I just hope NC doesn't schedule the graduation ceremony on the day of a Raptors game 7 playoff appearance.

Comment

This has to be the dumbest article ever. F*** The bleacher report. They consistently amaze me with their lack of ability to write anything worth reading.
            I wonder if they realize that New York, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota, Washington DC, Boston, are either colder or exactly the same teperature as Toronto or COLDER on average?

Comment

dboogie wrote: View Post
              This has to be the dumbest article ever. F*** The bleacher report. They consistently amaze me with their lack of ability to write anything worth reading.
              I wonder if they realize that New York, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota, Washington DC, Boston, are either colder or exactly the same teperature as Toronto or COLDER on average?
              The probably also think that Toronto gets more annual snowfall than Buffalo N.Y. does.

Comment

Toronto is an unbelievable city - definately one of the best in North America and arguably in the entire world. Anyone who has ever been there or has any semblance of credibility when it comes to cultural knowledge would agree, so I wouldn't get too worked up about an article written by some 17 year old American shlub who has probably never left the 150 mile radius that surrounds his Mom & Dad's house and thinks that eating at the Olive Garden is an example of international cuisine.

That being said, the Raptors as a franchise have had a number of elite level talents over the years and all of them have left on bad terms.... Vince, TMAC, Stoudamire and now Bosh. Throw in the second tier of players who wanted out of Toronto - Turkoglu, Alston, Christie, Williams, Davis, etc. - and the guys who thought so little of the team that they never bothered to show up (Zo and Kenny Anderson) and it becomes very clear that there's something about the Raptors that causes players to want out.

Comment

were ranked the same as utah, but, players still want to go to utah and utah has a good team and makes the playoffs every year.

i could argue about the weather but it's t no avail, i would like to know where this started of canada being a frozen wasteland?

weather smeather we start making the playoffs and being a good team nobody's going to give a flying f-luck about the weather.

if there's one thing nba players care more about then excellent acomodations, it's championships.

any good player we've had we've done nothing to surround him with talent and they've left and even when we have something going we manage to trade away one or more of those players. no wonder no one wants to play here, we suck!
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

it also doesn't help witht he added pressures of beiong the lone team in an entire country. i bet if vancouver was still here, we'd have an easier time attracting players.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

United States of America (USA) = The smallest universe ever to be observed by an American
                      RR OG

Comment

Bleacher report is disgusting, they have reader because of their killer SEO. But it's just a bunch of morons and 14 year olds posting their babble in hopes of being discovered as a the next Jay Mariotti.

The way BR is set up that anyone can write whatever they want...so if one of you fine gentlemen wanted to rewrite the same article with TO as the 4th best, you could and it would get read on google news.
                        Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          yes someone was that stupid to think he would have to go to wendys and keep his receipt. If a f@#k up like that gets to be one of the first to interview and NBA player it tells you how low journalism has sunk in the states.

More and more Americans are all becoming homer Simpson and Peter Griffin unspectacular self import jerks who try to get through life doing as little as possible.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

i posted this in the comments section

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...696&switchto=f

it's a dis on his entire life!

Comment

Mistabill wrote: View Post
                              Bleacher report is disgusting, they have reader because of their killer SEO. But it's just a bunch of morons and 14 year olds posting their babble in hopes of being discovered as a the next Jay Mariotti.

The way BR is set up that anyone can write whatever they want...so if one of you fine gentlemen wanted to rewrite the same article with TO as the 4th best, you could and it would get read on google news.
                              i would, but i'm too lazy. if i muster upt he strength than i will do the complete opposite of his list.

Comment

wow, if you read in the comments th dude based it on temperatures on like february 16th, the coldest freakin month of they year!!!

clearly he did that just so he didn't sound like an idiot when he based all the cities that get snow in the winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X