• Show
Clear All

• Kleiza's Line vs Team USA: 23 MIN, 5-12 FG, 12 PTS, 3 RBS, 2 AST, 1 BLK

Just a heads up for those who have ESPN

Next Test for the USA: Lithuania
    Related Images
    Nathaniel S. Butler

Aug. 20, 2010 • Madrid, Spain

The USA Men’s World Championship Team, which defeated China in a scrimmage and France in an exhibition game last week in New York, faces its next test tomorrow night in Madrid with a 9:00 p.m. (3:00 p.m. EDT / ESPN) tip-off against Lithuania. The whole team is looking forward to this game, as well as Sunday’s against Spain and their final exhibition game against Greece on Wednesday.

Their best player is Linas Kleiza, who played for the Denver Nuggets and now plays for the Toronto Raptors. He’s a guy who, it’s basically his team now, so he’s going to take the majority of the shots. He’s going to be the key guy for everything they do.
    Biography

There had always been a certain kind of mystique behind Linas Kleiza as he had left Lithuania in his teens to play his basketball on the other side of the Pond. Not many people knew who he was as a player and could only create an idea seeing him play for the National Team.

This year was a bit different – Kleiza decided to leave the NBA behind him and continue his career in Greece with Olympiacos Piraeus. Though the initial switch to European basketball was because of the money, Kleiza discovered himself as a true leader and a player, who the team could rely on in times of hardship.

Linas played a crucial role in the march of Olympiacos to the Euroleague final, where the club lost to Spanish powerhouse Barcelona. As well as outshining players such as Josh Childress, Milos Teodosic or Theo Papaloukas, Kleiza also received the Alphonso Ford Trophy, awarded to the Europe’s elite competition’s top-scorer and he became the first Lithuanian ever to do be handed the accolade..
    http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...010_08_20.html

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/...5/profile.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Kleiza game's leading scorer at half time with 10. Lithuania leads
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

where can i find the boxscore?

Comment

i'mpretty sure the only channel you can subscribe to in canda is espn classic it's like 166 on cogeco or something but, i don't subscribe to it and i don't think they are showing that game.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Here's a link to the game http://atdhe.net/20508/watch-lithuania-vs-usa

Comment

I cant seem to find a boxscore out there -_-, so wat happened who won?

Comment

usa won. don't know the score, but i can tell you they won by what sounds like a lot.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

usa won

usa won 77-61 , kleiza had 12 points

not sure where the boxscore is either but heres the link where i found the score
                http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/21/u...s=iref:nbahpt1

Comment

hmm ic, USA won -_-, though still didnt look like USA won the thing running away with ease....

Comment

The stats for Kleiza were...
                    MIN FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA OR DR TOT A PF ST TO BS PTS
                    11 Linas Kleiza F 23:29 5 12 0 1 2 2 1 3 4 0 1 0 3 1 12

Did anyone else watch this game?
                    The first half USA really slacked on offense and played very sloppy. Rudy Gay missed a wide oien dunk on a break away because he was trying to be a show off lol it was too funny. At one point they were 3 for 23 shooting. Kleiza looked great in the first half but It was hard to watch Lithuania constantly not pass the ball into Kleiza when he had great possition on the block. They didint use him properly at all and you could see kleiza constantly shaking his head when he didint get a touch after he sealed his man and set himself up for a shot in the paint. Dont let these stats discourage you from kleiza.Next game may be better, USAs defense was great all game. I think things would have been alot different if only Lithuania made more of a point on getting Kleiza the ball. He good down low though he does a great job of gaining possition on the defense but when the pass takes to long the defense was able to recover and eliminate kleizas possition.

Comment

Boxscore: http://www.usabasketball.com/photos/..._exh_2_box.pdf

Comment

not bad at all.

Comment

That 1stQ from the USA was rough. 7 points?

Looks like Westbrook played really well in his minutes

Comment

Working...
                          X