Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anybody Else Find This Type Of Attitude In A Fan Tasteless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    Whaaaaat-ever... BC's job was to build around Bosh, and thats exactly what he did, creatively at that. Your saying all these guys were such bad signing, what were our other options?
    please explain how you can agree that trading a 1st round pick for Shawn Marion who had 2 months left in his contract was not worthy of some criticism. and the other option was to keep the pick use j.o's contract at the trade deadline in 2010 with a team looking to clear cap space.

you dont have to know what goes on behind the scenes to know and understand that.

a 20 million expiring was worth gold last season. keeping draft picks on a team that struggles to attract free agents is a priority.

which part of this do you not agree on ?

Comment

check out how houston used the expiring contract of mcgrady to not only get kevin martin but they got more draft picks and young players.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
        I think to sit back and actually root for your team to lose

in order to achieve a high draft pick is tasteless and gutless, especially before the season

has even started!
        +1000000

Comment

Personally, I loved the 05-06 squad...I don't bother to be a bad team, a crap like this season roster, if they play HARD and compete till the end.

I enjoyed sooooo much each of this 05-06's 27 wins ...I miss Bonner & Mo Pete & even Mike 'I play with myself' James

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
            please explain how you can agree that trading a 1st round pick for Shawn Marion who had 2 months left in his contract was not worthy of some criticism. and the other option was to keep the pick use j.o's contract at the trade deadline in 2010 with a team looking to clear cap space.

you dont have to know what goes on behind the scenes to know and understand that.

a 20 million expiring was worth gold last season. keeping draft picks on a team that struggles to attract free agents is a priority.

which part of this do you not agree on ?
            I believe the JO/Marion plus Banks trade was because of the salary matchup and the 1st round pick was ostensibly for the extra year that Miami was absorbing on JO's deal (20 mill plus). I think the Raps got back 3 mill as well.

The logic from the Raps viewpoint was to hopefully resign Marion which of course didnt work out but the fallback was that cap space came earlier than if JO were still around. BC was trying to improve the team to impress CB. Of that there is no question. Whether he got the right players is another question and we'll never know who were available, turned down or passed up.

From Miami's position they were working towards expirings after 2010 (which is when Jo's deal expired), they needed a centre to help Wade (which JO did) and they got a pick (which as it turns out came back).

Seems like a perfectly acceptable transaction to me. The Raps saved money on the overall transaction while getting rid of a player that clearly couldnt mesh with Bosh (or was it the other way around) and trying another route to improvement.

Regarding your full slam of BC, while of course not all of his moves have worked, to denigrate someone's full body of work/accomplishments is unfair. The Phoenix Suns team left behind when BC left was somewhere between a v. good team to a power house in the very competitive West. BC had a lot to do with it incl. signing Nash (on his first day of free agency as well), trading J Johnson to Atlanta for some wonderful players/picks, trading Marbury to the Knicks (I forget for what), drafting Amare, hiring DAntoni...and this is off the top of my head. Like its been said, one doesnt wakeup one day and forget how to play the game. It hasnt been a successful run in TO for BC but maybe you can check on Rod Thorn who just left the Nets and what happened to the Nets under his watch. You arent going to call him an ahole gm now are you?
            Last edited by Bendit; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I believe the JO/Marion plus Banks trade was because of the salary matchup and the 1st round pick was ostensibly for the extra year that Miami was absorbing on JO's deal (20 mill plus). I think the Raps got back 3 mill as well.

The logic from the Raps viewpoint was to hopefully resign Marion which of course didnt work out but the fallback was that cap space came earlier than if JO were still around. BC was trying to improve the team to impress CB. Of that there is no question. Whether he got the right players is another question and we'll never know who were available, turned down or passed up.

From Miami's position they were working towards expirings after 2010 (which is when Jo's deal expired), they needed a centre to help Wade (which JO did) and they got a pick (which as it turns out came back).

Seems like a perfectly acceptable transaction to me. The Raps saved money on the overall transaction while getting rid of a player that clearly couldnt mesh with Bosh (or was it the other way around) and trying another route to improvement.

Regarding your full slam of BC, while of course not all of his moves have worked, to denigrate someone's full body of work/accomplishments is unfair. The Phoenix Suns team left behind when BC left was somewhere between a v. good team to a power house in the very competitive West. BC had a lot to do with it incl. signing Nash (on his first day of free agency as well), trading J Johnson to Atlanta for some wonderful players/picks, trading Marbury to the Knicks (I forget for what), drafting Amare, hiring DAntoni...and this is off the top of my head. Like its been said, one doesnt wakeup one day and forget how to play the game. It hasnt been a successful run in TO for BC but maybe you can check on Rod Thorn who just left the Nets and what happened to the Nets under his watch. You arent going to call him an ahole gm now are you?
              he also traded J kidd for marbury
              traded steve nash for bubba wells and pat garrity
              traded luol deng for jack vroman (who?)
              traded marcin gortat for cash...

the J.O. to miami deal i have no problem with, but why did he have to include the 1st round pick AND take back a contract that would free up cap space for a team that had their eyes on bosh since 2007.

david anderson cost us a 2nd round pick... could we not have just signed a C on the free agent list or kept dwayne jones ?

his lack of understanding on why draft picks are so important is the worst thing about him...

comparing him to any other gm is idiotic because what if i said ok compare rod thorn to david kahn... does that make rod thorn a good gm now ?
              Last edited by vinnie_paz; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

The logic from the Raps viewpoint was to hopefully resign Marion which of course didnt work out but the fallback was that cap space came earlier than if JO were still around.
                why would you bank on signing marion back knowing his history... he even complained in PHX about not being the star. of all people BC should know that marion isnt someone to risk a 1st round pick on.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                  Is that really why you hate Bargnani so much sleepz?? Is it because he's white and obviously cannot play if he is? ""The delusional Bargnani fanboys who like having someone in the NBA that looks like themselves""
                  Nice quote from a racist. Is that why you slam Bargnani in every breath yet contiue to praise girly ass RuPaul, and you praise the Young Gunz even though they've accomplished nothing, and you say Jack is the better of him and Jose?
                  I agree Jack has heart and works hard, but Jose has more talent when he sleeps than Jack but I think now we can really see your motivation, and why you have a hate on for all Euros even calling Kleiza a Euro when clearly he's not. Kleiza was born somewhere else like many of us Canadians ( of which you're also not), but he played basketball in the American system.
                  Perhaps why you hate B.C. so much is because he has built a team with some players that actually look like some of the fans do.
                  And you thought others racist!!
                  Get a life pal.
                  Calm down good man, calm down. lol

Comment

why would you bank on signing marion back knowing his history... he even complained in PHX about not being the star. of all people BC should know that marion isnt someone to risk a 1st round pick on.
                    I thought I explained, the pick was NOT for the Marion/Banks trans. (which was a salary match with JO). Rather it was in compensation for the EXTRA year on JO's deal (22-23 mill.) which Miami was going to absorb compared to Marion's which expired the trade yr. and Banks xtra yrs. coming to the Raps. I believe that pick cost Miami about 15 mill. It wasnt a freebie as you seem to be saying.

Marion not staying created cap room which was used for the Hedo deal (which I'd rather not talk about)!!

While I agree that Thorn is better than BC, you are again not including BC's work and his team in Phoenix. I'd like to compare how well those teams headtohead against Thorn's best teams in NJ incl. the one which went to the finals. You must really discount BC greatly to pseudo compare him to a Kahn. My biggest problems with BC have been trying to duplicate the Sun team here and not choosing an experienced/hard nosed coach after SM. To try and make the Raps a run&gun team with CB as option #1 and a half court pg like Jose was ludicrous. He should have been more traditional and improved with defense as offense was never the problem.

Comment

I thought I explained, the pick was NOT for the Marion/Banks trans. (which was a salary match with JO). Rather it was in compensation for the EXTRA year on JO's deal (22-23 mill.) which Miami was going to absorb compared to Marion's which expired the trade yr. and Banks xtra yrs. coming to the Raps. I believe that pick cost Miami about 15 mill. It wasnt a freebie as you seem to be saying.
                      from a league standpoint, the trade would have worked with or without the 1st round pick.
                      Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 12:48 AM.

Comment

not sure where you are getting this $15 million, because the pick was a FUTURE protected 1st round pick, that hasnt actually even been picked yet, so it didnt cost miami nothing in terms of money or salary.

you dont throw 1st round picks just to compensate a team having to take an extra year of a contract. they used j.o and made the playoffs TWICE with him as THE STARTING C.
                        Last edited by vinnie_paz; Fri Aug 27, 2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

While I agree that Thorn is better than BC, you are again not including BC's work and his team in Phoenix.
                          please dont insult by saying we agree on anything because i never said Thorn is better than BC.

Comment

from a league standpoint, the trade would have worked with or without the 1st round pick.
                            Yep it could, but do you think Riley is a Higgins (Bobcats re the defunct Jose deal) or a Kahn to take on an extra 22 mill. because BC dresses well?

not sure where you are getting this $15 million, because the pick was a FUTURE protected 1st round pick, that hasnt actually even been picked yet, so it didnt cost miami nothing in terms of money or salary.

you dont throw 1st round picks just to compensate a team having to take an extra year of a contract. they used j.o and made the playoffs TWICE with him as THE STARTING C.
                            If you bother to put the dollars together (incl. the 3 mill coming back) you could come up with a number and then discuss further.

JO got to the playoffs twice was more Wade (and pretty much nothing else) which is really an indictment on Bosh...isnt it?

please dont insult by saying we agree on anything because i never said Thorn is better than BC.
                            Did you not pass judgement on Thorn being better than Kahn...when I mentioned Thorn's record in BC's context? Kahn is a noted doormat gm in the league who has not todate come anywhere close to either BC & Thorn. So, please dont be cryptic...come out and say it ...."BC is worse than Kahn".

You have something right. On this subject we have not much to agree on.

Comment

Yep it could, but do you think Riley is a Higgins (Bobcats re the defunct Jose deal) or a Kahn to take on an extra 22 mill. because BC dresses well?

If you bother to put the dollars together (incl. the 3 mill coming back) you could come up with a number and then discuss further.

JO got to the playoffs twice was more Wade (and pretty much nothing else) which is really an indictment on Bosh...isnt it?

Did you not pass judgement on Thorn being better than Kahn...when I mentioned Thorn's record in BC's context? Kahn is a noted doormat gm in the league who has not todate come anywhere close to either BC & Thorn. So, please dont be cryptic...come out and say it ...."BC is worse than Kahn".

You have something right. On this subject we have not much to agree on.
                              if they didnt get J.O., they would have had to sign another centre which would cost them what ? $5 mill per year ?

LbJ, Wade, Kobe, KG, have all missed the playoffs. saying wade made it on his own with no help from J.O. is just dumb.

Comment

i dont get this point at all..

look if riley says no to the deal unless the raps throw in a 1st round pick, then YOU DONT EXECUTE THE TRADE. and hang on to j.o. until after the season where he would become one of the most valuable expiring contracts in the league.

we would not be giving up a draft pick, but teams would be GIVING US daft picks for J.o.'s contract.

if you cant understand that so far, and think just because miami had to take on an extra year for j.o.'s contract, then why didnt indiana give us a 1st round pick for taking on j.o.'s huge contract ? (in fact we tpok on j.o. and GAVE INDIANA a 1st round pick)

Comment

Working...
                                X