Could Kyrie Irving Be The Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Kyrie Irving Be The Answer?

Could Kyrie Irving be the answer that the raptors have been looking for in a young point guard. Kyrie could also fit in with the Young Gunz persona that Bryan Colangelo is looking for. A Point Guard who can Score in a Vast amount of ways, Is Athletic as any player in the league right now,can break ankles like a young Allen Iverson, can distribute the ball as good as anyone in the league or anyone that used to play in the league, and most importantly this Young,Quick and Smart Point Guard can PLAY Defense.But the question is are the raptors Crap enough to get a high lottery pick to ensure we get our savior.
    Last edited by lankanzero; Thu Aug 26, 2010, 11:31 AM.

Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can v

Comment

he'd be great, but there's another couple options in the draft we can go with as well. at this point, i think a great PG is the biggest missing piece to this team.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
        Could Kyrie Irving be the answer that the raptors have been looking for in a young point guard. Kyrie could also fit in with the Young Gunz persona that Bryan Colangelo is looking for. A Point Guard who can Score in a Vast amount of ways, Is Athletic as any player in the league right now,can break ankles like a young Allen Iverson, can distribute the ball as good as anyone in the league or anyone that used to play in the league, and most importantly this Young,Quick and Smart Point Guard can PLAY Defense.But the question is are the raptors Crap enough to get a high lottery pick to ensure we get our savior.
        His is all around game better than Selby's?
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          In my opinion Josh Selby has better athleticism but irving has better defense and better passing abilities to go with his ball handling skills. If Kyrie Irving is gone my next choice would be Brandon Knight and then Josh Selby.

List of Draft Picks I like.

1.Kyrie Irving
          2.Brandon Knight
          3.Enes Kanter.
          4.Josh Selby.

Comment

The 14 lottery teams from last season were:

Jersey, Sac, GS, Was, Phi, Det, LAC, NY, Ind, NO, Mem, TO, Hou.

My guess is that we can add Cle and Cha to that list, but can remove Ind and NY.

Of those 14 teams (adjusted), Phi, Det, TO, Cle and Cha could definitely use a new franchise PG. You can add Jersey, LAC, NO, Mem and Sac as teams who could use a second PG, but who would be smart to look at other positions (if the draft were to happen now).

Honestly, between those 5 teams it's a crapshoot to guess who will end up with a worse/better record, but TO certainly has a shot at ending up with one of Irving, Knight or some of the other potential franchise 1's in the draft.

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
              In my opinion Josh Selby has better athleticism but irving has better defense and better passing abilities to go with his ball handling skills. If Kyrie Irving is gone my next choice would be Brandon Knight and then Josh Selby.

List of Draft Picks I like.

1.Kyrie Irving
              2.Brandon Knight
              3.Enes Kanter.
              4.Josh Selby.
              irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Is Selby even going to be cleared to play ball at KU this year?

Comment

Cory Joseph anyone?...from TO...might well be considered a top tier pg selection.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    irving is listed at 6-1 and they have selby at 6-4, i would go with the 6-4 guard every time. even if selby can't play D at 6'4 with athleticism he can learn.
                    The difference between the two players beyond height is pg skills. There will be very few players in the draft next year (depending if Irving comes out or not) with Irving's pg abilities, Selby included.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Cory Joseph anyone?...from TO...might well be considered a top tier pg selection.
                      +1

Cory from the videos ive seen at least seems to be more of a pure shooter

Comment

1. Kyrie Irving
                        2. Brandon Knight
                        3. Perry Jones - That's if we don't get the #1 pick. What do you think of him as our SF?
                        4. Enes Kanter - Will need to see him play in the NCAA.
                        5. Josh Selby

Comment

let's talk draft when it matters.......april/may, and until then find another hobby trolls. I suppose you all have nuthing better to do. I suggest finding a real LIVE person to conversre with...hahaha....just kidding. But seriously we are so far removed from that notion, that it is just comical.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            he'd be great, but there's another couple options in the draft we can go with as well. at this point, i think a great PG is the biggest missing piece to this team.
                            +1. That is why if the Raps get a Top 7 pick, any pick outside of the PG position will be a grave mistake. I will also be okay with Brandon Knight as a consolation prize if by some unfortunate circumstances, we lose Kyrie Irving(that is, why the TPE and expiring contracts will help to ensure we get Kyrie.).

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can Yes he can v
                              lol
                              http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Working...
                              X