The Linas Kleiza 2010 FIBA World Tournament Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linas Kleiza 2010 FIBA World Tournament Experience

Kleiza's 27 points lead Lithuania over New Zealand 92-79 at basketball worlds

By The Associated Press (CP) – 1 hour ago

IZMIR, Turkey — Linas Kleiza scored 27 points and Paulius Jankunas added 15 as Lithuania beat New Zealand 92-79 in the opening round of the world championships on Saturday.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...bw0n0OO70t3R6w
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

He will be our starting SF.

Comment

Yah im startin to get a lil excited on Kleiza, everytime i see any scouting reports on the Lithuania team, they always warn of him and such. Then again considering the rest of the roster, he's seems to be only guy to be a lil feared of -_-... anyone else on the Lithuania team worth mentioning?

Comment

zapffe wrote: View Post
        He will be our starting SF.
        He might not be, it might be better if Weems start to build chemistry.

Comment

On another note, new Raptor David Anderson of Australia, had an impressive showing against Jordan earlier and they just barely won 76-75. He iced the game with his 2 late FTs...

http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...8/article.html

Anderson's line:

22 pts, 9 rebs, 4 ast (2/3 from 3PT, 6/7 from FT)

Comment

We shall see when training camp begins. Sonny is undersized for a SF position, unless they decide to move Demar to SF and Sonny to SG. I'm leaning towards Linas starting at this point.

Comment

Kleiza is definitely going to start. He is a beast. He is ALOT better than Weems. Starting Weems over Kleiza is just stupid. Kleiza is a proven player, played quite a handful of games at Denver, and played well from what I've seen (maybe 10 games). And I watched many of his games in Europe, and he's a champion and averages nearly 20 a game last year. So yes he's starting, over a guy that is unproven, and all he can do is bring energy and score alley-oops? Kleiza can rebound, shoot and space the floor and can actually play some D.

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
                We shall see when training camp begins. Sonny is undersized for a SF position, unless they decide to move Demar to SF and Sonny to SG. I'm leaning towards Linas starting at this point.
                I think Demar is still too weak for SF position, especially in defense.

What I like about the team is no spot is reserved (except Bargnani's) and they'll have to earn it during the camp.
                Last edited by zapffe; Sat Aug 28, 2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                  Yah im startin to get a lil excited on Kleiza, everytime i see any scouting reports on the Lithuania team, they always warn of him and such. Then again considering the rest of the roster, he's seems to be only guy to be a lil feared of -_-... anyone else on the Lithuania team worth mentioning?
                  Almost nobody in this year's team...Lithuania (as Italy) had better teams in the past.

Comment

Just a note: he's played as PF, where he made so great last season with Olympiakos. Last year, in the Eurobasket Championship, he played as SF, and were horrible.

I mean, in FIBA games he's best suited as PF and his game changes a lot, so I think we must see his performance in this Championship with caution

Comment

Link To Box Score
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Fresh highlights from the Lithuania-New Zealand game earlier (Kleiza has a few of them)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9NjcZO_tI

Comment

RAPS4LIFE wrote: View Post
                          Fresh highlights from the Lithuania-New Zealand game earlier (Kleiza has a few of them)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9NjcZO_tI

Comment

The one thing that I have been impressed with in watching the highlights of this game and his game against team USA is that Kleiza is really aggressive at taking it to the basket.

It is just too bad he doesn't have better handles.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              The one thing that I have been impressed with in watching the highlights of this game and his game against team USA is that Kleiza is really aggressive at taking it to the basket.

It is just too bad he doesn't have better handles.
                              And better shoot selection... (despite today's game)

Comment

Working...
                              X