The FIBA World Basketball Championship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FIBA World Basketball Championship Thread

OK fellow Canadians, I have a question for all of you.

Team Canada is in the closing moments of losing it's opening game to Lebanon.
    My question, is it more embarrasing to lose to Lebanon or the fact that Canada's jerseys WERE FALLING APART! Rautins had no number on his back when I checked in early, and when I came back to the game later on Denham Brown's jersey was tattered and a couple other players had numbers falling off as well.

Does Basketball Canada really not have enough money to afford stitching?

This loss to lithuania really stings...what was it, a 17 point lead in the third!

Now Canada HAS to win it's next two vs France and New Zealand to have any chance of advancing. They can pull it out though...maybe.

Comment

China and Russia is out from wild card sweepstakes. WOW!!

Canada have a shot now.
      Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Heck, I'm just glad that Magee and Blatche are thinking of playing for my home country (Philippines). Weird.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          China and Russia is out from wild card sweepstakes. WOW!!

Canada have a shot now.
          Sounds like this might not actually be the case.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/nationa...fiba-says.html

Comment

wow...

Finland got wild card. I'm speachless. I guess that angry birds ad is really expensive. #FibaJustGotBribed
            Last edited by rocwell; Sat Feb 1, 2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

Heck, I'm just glad that Magee and Blatche are thinking of playing for my home country (Philippines). Weird.
              I read about this yesterday in this NY Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/31/sp...-him.html?_r=0

It's going to be McGee or Blatche possibly playing for the Philippines in the World Cup in Spain since FIBA allows only one "naturalized" citizen to play per team.

FIBA rules permit only one naturalized player per 12-man roster. McGee has been rehabilitating a stress fracture in his left tibia, and the Philippine team, The Star said, is viewing Blatche as a backup of sorts for him.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                wow...

Finland got wild card. I'm speachless. I guess that angry birds ad is really expensive. #FibaJustGotBribed
                FIBA was up front with the selling or being bribed for those last 4 wild card spots. Money talks and Basketball Canada, bless their hearts for their efforts, is lacking in funding and television revenue.

Comment

Working...
                X