Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamal Crawford Wants To Be Traded - Should Raps Have Any Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamal Crawford Wants To Be Traded - Should Raps Have Any Interest?

Hawks sixth man Jamal Crawford asks for a trade this week, Atlanta shouldn't have much difficulty finding a new home for the veteran.

Crawford is entering the final year of his contract and wants an extension.

He will make $10.1 million in 2010-11 and provide salary cap relief after the season for a potential new team.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0xvRzU7IP

Hmmm, this is interesting. As it turns out, the Joe Johnson effect is starting to trickle in. Would there be room for someone like Crawford in our line-up? What does this mean for Calderon (if anything), the TPE, or as a potential points replacement for the departed Bosh? How will this affect YGZ? Possibility of contract extension? Explosive production off the bench (or redundancy since we acquired Barbo)? So many questions, so much time.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

not a chance in my mind, first off i doubt crawford wants to come to a team in rebuild mode where as a sixth man he would arguably be our best player and i really dont see why BC would want to waste all of his tpe and cap space on a huge contract extension on a 30 year old thats not a long-term solution.....just dont see it

Comment

Jamal Crawford will not be a Raptors uniform in 2010-11
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Sam Amico: Hawks not worried about Jamal Crawford-seeking-trade report. They will offer him extension next week, and confident agreement will follow. Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
        Last edited by madeupid25; Sat Aug 28, 2010, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I don't see room in this team for him (because Barbosa, as you said), and I don't think Calderon + TPE would make the deal for Atlanta

Comment

A chucker whose not a great defender. Yes, the Raptors could certainly use another one of those.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Not a good fit.

Comment

Yeah, no. We don't need "now" players. We are rebuilding remember, taking up 30 year olds with huge contracts is not the way to go. Plus he's pretty much a more consistent but slower version of Barbosa with a huge contract. We already have ALOT of guards (JJ, Calderon, Weems, DeRozan, Barbosa) So we don't need another guard. I would only trade for a young guard but no one trades young promising guards (apart from NO, but we missed that chance)...

Comment

Working...
                X