Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Mean Anything? - Amir Tweets Asking What Fans Think of Anthony Becoming A Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

da_goose09 wrote: View Post
    And I think you're all just reading too far into this.

The way I read it is he's just posing a hypothetical.. hence the "#shithappens" at the end of his tweet.
    I don't think so.

I still only give it a 40% - 60% chance which last time I checked is less than even money.

However things are starting to lineup so we shall see.

People said I was also reading to much into this

May 30, 2010

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

Nothing concrete in the way of evidence or links but lets just say a gut feeling based upon a number of things.
    cont here

If and when the Denver Nuggets commit to a sign-and-trade for Carmelo Anthony, the Kings will thrust themselves into the conversation. Count on it. The Nuggets have offered their all-Star small forward a three-year, $65 million extension, but his intentions are unclear. Is he serious about wanting out? Or just posturing for a sweeter deal? Regardless, the Nuggets front office upheaval doesn't help matters. New GM Masai Ujiri is walking into a mess, and the last thing a new executive wants to do is trade his franchise player, and probably for lesser parts.
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings...-israel-q.html
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      It would be a sign and trade.
      I just can't help but laugh at this scenario! It would be pretty cool to have a high profile guy like Melo come to Toronto, especially since Bosh just left and we are feeling a little vulnerable in terms of our popularity; but I just can't see any reason Melo would do this, UNLESS he's really good friends with some of the guys. If he actually wanted to then I would be all for it. I would muh rather see the Raps compete, rather then flop around for a couple years.

Comment

If the kings are involved I would some how like Toronto to steal tyreke evens

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          I just can't help but laugh at this scenario! It would be pretty cool to have a high profile guy like Melo come to Toronto, especially since Bosh just left and we are feeling a little vulnerable in terms of our popularity; but I just can't see any reason Melo would do this, UNLESS he's really good friends with some of the guys. If he actually wanted to then I would be all for it. I would muh rather see the Raps compete, rather then flop around for a couple years.
          He would be a great fit with the YGZ®
          Toronto is a great city
          He would get away from the Denver mess

If Johnson, Davis and DeRozan continue their development than adding Melo to the mix could be a pretty darn good starting unit even without a top notch PG

Why wouldn't he want to play with those guys if they continue to develop? Even putting aside Amir DeRozan and Davis should both become very good players in a couple of years and Melo is still pretty young.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
            If the kings are involved I would some how like Toronto to steal tyreke evens
            Will the ridiculousness ever end?

Comment

The Evans thing is a bit over the top.

To answer your question: No it will not

Comment

As unlikely as it sounds, who knows, maybe it could happen. If it was done, I can't see Toronto trading away much of its core of young players, for a guy who may only be a one-year rental. Perhaps something along the lines of this could be more possible?

TO CHARLOTTE
                - Calderon
                - Evans

TO TORONTO
                - Melo
                - Nene

TO DENVER
                - Dampier ($13M cap space saved when waived)
                - Alabi
                - $11.4M TPE (for Nene)
                - at least 1 1st-round pick

Charlotte: get Calderon for Dampier's contract

Toronto: get Melo & Nene for Calderon & TPE essentially

Denver: go from luxury tax range ($83.8M in salaries) to approx $56M (if they waive Dampier), get $25.5M in trade bait to use on whoever they want to acquire, as well as a decent young C prospect (Alabi) and at least 1 1st-round pick... immediate rebuild/retool for Denver

I am NOT saying I think this will happen, but I've seen worse deals go through this offseason...
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

+1, agreed. The people on here are obviously on crack. Why would Carmelo sign here long term when he says he wants to win now? And even funnier, why the hell would a team in rebuild mode like Sacramento trade away the ROY? Give your heads a shake!!!

Comment

The Evans thing is a bit over the top.
                    A "bit" over????????? How about "are you quite mad?". Have we managed to churn this from some dogday August twittering to first-date like dream sequences? Jeeezuz.

Hasnt anyone even considered what VaVa Lasquez has to say about moving to TO ? And will the trans occur with or without an extension?

Comment

Mush wrote: View Post
                      +1, agreed. The people on here are obviously on crack. Why would Carmelo sign here long term when he says he wants to win now? And even funnier, why the hell would a team in rebuild mode like Sacramento trade away the ROY? Give your heads a shake!!!
                      ummm... I think the Tyreke Evans post was a sarcastic comment about the overall ridiculousness of the rumor that Melo could be coming to Toronto... don't get yourself all worked up lol

Comment

He would be a great fit with the YGZ®
                        Toronto is a great city
                        He would get away from the Denver mess

If Johnson, Davis and DeRozan continue their development than adding Melo to the mix could be a pretty darn good starting unit even without a top notch PG

Why wouldn't he want to play with those guys if they continue to develop? Even putting aside Amir DeRozan and Davis should both become very good players in a couple of years and Melo is still pretty young.

Toronto is a great city but it seems like people in the US don't realize that or wouldn't want to live here long term. Yes he would be a great fit offensively but defensively they would still be a bit of a mess, so they would have to outscore opponents every game!

I would love to see Melo and Nene come over in some miraculous deal but it just doesn't seem realistic...Melo is at the same point as Bosh and Lebron, they want to win championships now, not just get a big payday

Really wishful thinking RR's

Comment

Really? You don't think those guys are worth Anthony? We are talking about the same Anthony, right?

Comment

As much as I would love to see Anthony here, I can't envision Carmelo sticking around. I'm pretty sure he's signed, sealed and delivered to the Knicks.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani for Carmelo. Done.
                              +1

Comment

dude the whole world knew bosh was going to miami...

i can find hollinger, ford, simmons, anyone else who writes about basketball's articles and the one thing everyone agreed was bosh was going to miami...

dont act like you had some special insight scoop or have some sort of basketball psychic abilities...

and even if melo was coming here... he wouldnt tell billups and affalo and even if he did... they DEFINITELY WOULDNT TELL AMIR JOHNSON ANYTHING
                                Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Aug 31, 2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X