Defense, defense, defense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense, defense, defense...

I've posted in here more than once that people need to stop nit picking the offense that ranks in the top five and start focusing on the defense. Rebounding is improving, now the defense needs to improve for them to go somewhere.

The most important fact of the season to date:
    Toronto is 8-0 when holding teams under 100 points this season.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1399162/

That says it all right there. This team is so talented that it will score points now matter what but defense is played well through effort and preparation. The guys need to try harder. Thoughts?

I agree to an extend; its all about hard work. There are some talent/gifted needed (speed, height, etc) to be a good defensive player but its all about hard work and aggression

"Toronto is 8-0 when holding teams under 100 points this season."
    Is it because the raptors are playing bad teams?

Comment

Interesting stat and probably the most important one we've seen so far this season.

Having those energy guys like Amir, Weems and Pops certainly helped yesterday most significantly on defence.

I'm happy but disappointed at the same time towards Wright. I might only be one of the few, but I had high expectations from this guy defensively before this season started. He's been nothing short of horrible. So I'm happy that Triano's noticed that and is now going with guys like Weems and Pops more, but disappointed because I expected alot more from Antoine coming into this season.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I've posted in here more than once that people need to stop nit picking the offense that ranks in the top five and start focusing on the defense. Rebounding is improving, now the defense needs to improve for them to go somewhere.

The most important fact of the season to date:
        http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1399162/

That says it all right there. This team is so talented that it will score points now matter what but defense is played well through effort and preparation. The guys need to try harder. Thoughts?
        Absolutely agree with you on this one. At no time should the Offense really be a concern with this team. This team was built by BC to score. And they will, with relative ease on most nights. The main focus should be strictly on D. Wow, 8-0 when they hold opp. to under 100! Obviously the Raps need to be more consistent on the defensive end. Easier said than done, but these guys are professionals.

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        I'm happy but disappointed at the same time towards Wright. I might only be one of the few, but I had high expectations from this guy defensively before this season started. He's been nothing short of horrible. So I'm happy that Triano's noticed that and is now going with guys like Weems and Pops more, but disappointed because I expected alot more from Antoine coming into this season.
        Doc, your not the only one who had higher expectations from wright. Especially considering the high praise carlisle had for him, and watching him lock down guys during the playoffs last year. he's definitely been a disappointment so far. Like you said, it's a good sign that triano has noticed certain players not holding their own, and giving other guys a chance to step it up. It's nice to see he is not being so stubborn with his rotations. i would like to see him sub bargs a little quicker at times and give Amir more burn.

Comment

Working...
        X