Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir TV Presents - Amir Johnson Works On Some Complicated Basketball Drills

AmirTV
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Complicated? I make the team I coach do similar drills. They're 14-18.
    Joshua Priemski
    NBA blogger
    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
    www.RufusOnFire.com/
    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

i know its complicated but for pros...thats weak..or maybe i seen little prodigy do it better so i might think differently.hmm

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
        i know its complicated but for pros...thats weak..or maybe i seen little prodigy do it better so i might think differently.hmm
        I think the drills are more complicated if you are as tall as Johnson is.

Its nice to know that he is working on his handles

It will help him to be able to create his own shot.

That is the point of this.

Its not comparing him to CP3 or some PG in high school

He is trying to improve his handles so that he can create off the dribble.

He may or may not succeed but at least he is trying.

We shall see come 10-11 if these drills had any positive effect on Johnson's ability to create his own shot and to take his man better off of the dribble.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Totally agree Buddahfan. A great sign to see him practice on his handles throughout the summer. Hopefully he's working on his mid range jumper as well.

Comment

I'm such a fan of Amir. Yes, those drills are incredibly difficult especially if you're a non-point guard and tend to favour one hand over the other like most human beings. I just wish DeMar was also working on his handles. Besides the working out, I want Amir to have massive chip on his shoulders due to the negative criticism he's been getting from the press about his contract. Knowing these players these days, THEY READ EVERYTHING. I really don't hear anyone bitching about Drew Gooden's contract.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              I'm such a fan of Amir. Yes, those drills are incredibly difficult especially if you're a non-point guard and tend to favour one hand over the other like most human beings. I just wish DeMar was also working on his handles. Besides the working out, I want Amir to have massive chip on his shoulders due to the negative criticism he's been getting from the press about his contract. Knowing these players these days, THEY READ EVERYTHING. I really don't hear anyone bitching about Drew Gooden's contract.
              Bargnani should be practicing those drills. Yes sir!

Comment

Working...
              X